Pleban Girls Party - In a city lit by fireflies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mucca said:
Night Sami! Have fun! :hug::heart:

Uh oh.....I got a blister thing right after they gave me the shot, it disappeared after and now I have a small red dot....:huh:

My Friend Bob had a blister type of thing, too and they said it was an a-typical reaction that had something to do with the batch the test itself came from.

Tuberculosis (TB) is a contagious disease which primarily affects the respiratory system. A simple skin test can determine if you have the antibodies to TB. A negative result means you have not contacted TB. If you have a positive TB skin test you have been exposed to TB and have antibodies in your system.

You will need to have a chest x-ray if you have a positive test to determine if you have an active infection. If your chest x-ray is negative you are not contagious, however, the physician may wish to discuss preventive treatment so that you don't develop active TB from your exposure. If you have had a positive skin test for TB in the past the skin test will not be repeated. You will need to have a chest x-ray to obtain your clearance for school or work.

Many people who were raised out of this country were given BCG vaccine in the past to prevent tuberculosis. This vaccine is not given in the United States. Receiving this vaccine can cause the TB test to be positive for years after the vaccination. To receive your clearance the SHS may require a chest x-ray depending on the length of time since you received your last vaccination

Forty-eight to 72 hours after the Mantoux / PPD tuberculosis skin test is performed, you will need to return to your healthcare provider to have the results read. This involves a brief examination of the test site.
A nurse will look at the test site and palpate the area to determine if the test site is raised and feels hard to the touch. He or she will use a ruler to measure the raised bump, if one exists. The nurse will record the results in millimeters to represent the size of the raised bump. If the test site does not have a raised bump, "0 mm" will be recorded.

Just some basic stuff about TB tests; I don't think you have anything you need to panic about :hug: It's probably nothing at all

I use to hate needles. Like get hysterical when they had to draw blood. I would completely loose it. Fade to ten years later after many hospital visits and learning how to give myself shots it doesn't bother me at all anymore. I did feel like a pincushion for a while though.

Mucca sometimes when they do the TB test you do get a little bump like blister at first. They put stuff under your skin so it can cause a little bump. Did they tell you when to go back so they could check it?

Russty Cat said:

I have the new blogger set up, but I want to add buttons and links on the sidebar and I can't figure the damn thing out! Help! :kiss: :love:

html :drool:

Well, I can get the codes that you need for you. But without seeing the page formating I can't tell you where to put them in the code...

Unless blogger doesn't make you manipulate the code yourself anymore....I haven't looked.

I haven't done buttons in a long time tho :hmm:

It would help if I could see it...

Hey, everyone. :wave:

It's been a very long and challenging day. Could you guys entertain me before I go off to sleep and go out to face another day?

(and who here is premium? VP? Russty? SG?)

Mucca said:
Night Sami! Have fun! :hug::heart:

Uh oh.....I got a blister thing right after they gave me the shot, it disappeared after and now I have a small red dot....:huh:
Hi Russty :hug:

Dazz :hug:

MU ! :hug:

:hmm: don't worry just yet.....i've gotten 2 three of these in the past 2 yrs...now i didn't get a blister.but if it faded down to a litle red do you might be OK..... it's when when you start to have like [trying to rmember the results chart} over 3/16th of an inch in diameter.....over tyhe next 48 plus hours

Good Luck ! :hug:

has yourdream music machine [ your gee- tar, that is :wink:}

~BrightestStar~ said:
Mucca! :hug:
You are a braver girl than I. I hate needles..:yikes:
A nurse once told me some people are more sensitive to them then others...apparently I'm one of the luckey ones...:happy:

Hey Dazz! :hug:

:lol:
I walked into the doctors office expecting to get like four shots at least. Turns out I had already gotten most of the shots in highschool so I didn't need them. I ended up only getting two. I didn't get a lollipop though. :madspit: :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

html :drool:

Well, I can get the codes that you need for you. But without seeing the page formating I can't tell you where to put them in the code...

Unless blogger doesn't make you manipulate the code yourself anymore....I haven't looked.

I haven't done buttons in a long time tho :hmm:

It would help if I could see it...

I could let you log in as me to check out the template. :D

my password is . Let me know when you have the password and I'll take it down.

Last edited:
Russty Cat said:

I have the new blogger set up

:hug: to everyone cuz stupid blue crack said I had to many images, bastard!

HOW many smilies can a PM er have?

I've gotten - as a non Pmer- usally up to 7 o8 but on RARE occasionds when adding more text etc after posting as a CN|HANGE-- i've gotton up to 9 ! :D :D

what's this about bloging , russty??

Mucca said:

I walked into the doctors office expecting to get like four shots at least. Turns out I had already gotten most of the shots in highschool so I didn't need them. I ended up only getting two. I didn't get a lollipop though. :madspit: :lol:

No lollipop? Aww ... :hug:

My doctor didn't give me a lollipop last week either after my physical. :angry:

Then again, I am an adult. So.

dazzledbylight said:

HOW many smilies can a PM er have?

I've gotten - as a non Pmer- usally up to 7 o8 but on RARE occasionds when adding more text etc after posting as a CN|HANGE-- i've gotton up to 9 ! :D :D

what's this about bloging , russty??

I think 9 is the limit on smilies.

I have a new blog I set up for my art so I can discuss it with other artists that belong to a webring for fiber artists. They are all really talented and friendly so I thought it would be a good way to get some feedback. But I suck at HTML. :lol:

Russty Cat said:
I
Mucca sometimes when they do the TB test you do get a little bump like blister at first. They put stuff under your skin so it can cause a little bump. Did they tell you when to go back so they could check it?
]
AH NOW IF you had see BUMP.then I could of told you right off.DON'T worry....Russty's absolutely right!

Thanks for the info SG and Dazz:hug:

Russty Cat said:
I use to hate needles. Like get hysterical when they had to draw blood. I would completely loose it. Fade to ten years later after many hospital visits and learning how to give myself shots it doesn't bother me at all anymore. I did feel like a pincushion for a while though.

They told me to go back on Friday.

So what does it mean if a bump does form where the shot was injected? Does that mean you were tested positive?

Hi Jo :hug:

Night Drea :hug:

jobob said:

No lollipop? Aww ... :hug:

My doctor didn't give me a lollipop last week either after my physical. :angry:

Then again, I am an adult. So.

I'm now considered an adult in Canada but my mental age is like 10 :lol:

Russty Cat said:

I think 9 is the limit on smilies.

I have a new blog I set up for my art so I can discuss it with other artists that belong to a webring for fiber artists. They are all really talented and friendly so I thought it would be a good way to get some feedback. But I suck at HTML. :lol:

:D :D
great idea!!!

you'll get better at HTML it.i'm sure!

Mucca said:
Thanks for the info SG and Dazz:hug:

They told me to go back on Friday.

So what does it mean if a bump does form where the shot was injected? Does

I don't think a bump forms.trying to remeber the results chart tacted uyp on the wall !

it's more reddish & rashy looking! amd it' gerts like over 3/ 16th of an inch in diametter.......sorry, no I CAN"t translater into you know.centimter/mili meters etcc! :lol:

and..brb!

dazzledbylight said:

I don't think a bump forms.trying to remeber the results chart tacted uyp on the wall !

it's more reddish & rashy looking! amd it' gerts like over 3/ 16th of an inch in diametter.......sorry, no I CAN"t translater into you know.centimter/mili meters etcc! :lol:

and..brb!

My red dot looks pretty small, I think I'm alright. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom