Pleban Girls Party - Braving the storms of life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jobob said:

Not to mention the weather in Toronto must have been better.

:crack: <-- me, shivering in line in late October cold/wind in Detroit

Edit: However, ending up close to the stage was worth it all. :wink:

I know, that wind was horrible - and the PA system announcement playing over and over :crack: :scream:

But Adam nodding and waving back at me was so worth it :love:

"If I seem a little nervous, a little preoccupied, I'm still waiting for my invitiation to Tom and Katie's wedding." -- David Letterman.

:lmao:

Darned lousy post office. I do believe mine's lost in the mail. Anyway, I would have to decline. I volunteered to work at the Friends of the Library book sale on Saturday. :wink:

jobob said:
"If I seem a little nervous, a little preoccupied, I'm still waiting for my invitiation to Tom and Katie's wedding." -- David Letterman.

Darned lousy post office. I do believe mine's lost in the mail. Anyway, I would have to decline. I volunteered to work at the Friends of the Library book sale on Saturday. :wink:

Yeah - I don't have anything specific against a scientology wedding, but I have to go to a Unicrom Baptism and a Leprachaun bar mitzvah that day :wink:

(Blatantly stolen line from 'Friends' )

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah - I don't have anything specific against a scientology wedding, but I have to go to a Unicrom Baptism and a Leprachaun bar mitzvah that day :wink:

(Blatantly stolen line from 'Friends' )

Oooh, that's good. Chandler said it, right? :giggle:

Yahoo News said yesterday that in the traditional vows of a Scientology wedding, the groom promises to give the bride things that could make her happy, including "a pot, a comb, maybe a cat."

And "girls" are told to remember men can forget their promises.

jobob said:

I would decline too...mainly cause I still find his views on meds a little :coocoo: and plus my mom take psych meds :happy:

I feel bad for you guys having to wait in that GA line in Detroit last year......it was a nice day both times I saw them in Chicago last year :D :hug:

jobob said:

Oooh, that's good. Chandler said it, right? :giggle:

Yahoo News said yesterday that in the traditional vows of a Scientology wedding, the groom promises to give the bride things that could make her happy, including "a pot, a comb, maybe a cat."

And "girls" are told to remember men can forget their promises.

:no: I can't even begin to say how much I loathe everything about that 'religion' :rolleyes:

and nope, that one was a Phoebe line, actually :wink:

good guess though!

I don't like Scientology either.

Tom Cruise is a good actor, but I don't like him as a human being. He also has the most insincere smile I've ever seen. I feel like saying to Katie Holmes: "He's a two-time loser, he wouldn't even tell Nicole why he left her. Grab Suri and run while there's still time!"

~BrightestStar~ said:

Aaaaaand.....

we're all after his lucky charms. :shifty:

Oh! Oh!
I meant to tell you earlier...
You watch survivor, right?

yes, we certainly are after those lucky charms :drool:

:yes: I did indeed watch Survivor. I was quite surprised, too

~BrightestStar~ said:

I thought his mother was protestant and his father christian? or vive versa?

And his mom used to take them to church while his dad would stay home?

:hmm:

Yes, that's true - in U2 by U2 though he mentions that a bit farther back in his lineage he thinks part of his family was jewish

Protenstant, catholic, christian. Whatever.
To think the mess Martin Luther caused...:tsk:

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: I did indeed watch Survivor. I was quite surprised, too

I've been really enjoying this season. :drool:

But that's beside the point....the tribe they went to see as part of reward? As I was sitting there watching it (and not studying :uhoh: ) I def thought of the Kale..with the singing and all that. :up:

And the ladies dancing with Yul almost made me pee my pants I was laughing so hard. :lmao:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I thought his mother was protestant and his father christian? or vive versa?

And his mom used to take them to church while his dad would stay home?

:hmm:

Yes. But in Bono In Conversation, he also talked about how his mother's family may have once been Jewish but was Protestant. He suspected his mother's family had Jewish roots. I can't find the passage in my copy now. Damn, that book needs an index! :wink:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Protestant is part of Christianity...I found that out the hard way :wink:

But his dad was actually Roman Catholic....if I remember right :hmm:

yes, Protestants are Christians, they are part of the Reformed church which broke off from the greater Catholic Church - Protestants include Lutherans, Calvinists, Methodists, Baptists, etc....

His mom was Protestant and his Dad Catholic - he would drop them off at their church service and go to mass when Bono was a kid

Hi Tre - you don't come around here often enough anymore :hug:

and of course tonight you get here just as I'm getting ready for bed :grumpy:

I read that you girls were talking about the GA lines. I just took some cough medicine, and realized it's the same bottle I had from Toronto and Chicago. :heart: :lol: And it's good till Feb/08 :happy:

Back
Top Bottom