Pleban Girls Party - Better than live earth !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been up for 42 hours before - at the moment the precise reason is escaping me - and the crash after was *UGLY* :lol:

(And at the moment I'm also sure I've mentioned why I was up for that long in a PGP thread somewhere... if someone whose search skills excel mine wants to look... :lol: )

Sleep well, Jen! And have fun at the Mark Seymore show :D

72 hour shifts sound insane, if you got a steady stream of calls... doesn't sound safe at all :yikes:

it was when I worked EMS - the ambulance averaged at least one nights sleep on a three day shift, plus a little down time to relax --- it was actually the days when we didn't have many calls at all that were the worst - sitting around waiting was enough to drive you crazy

I guess that's fair enough, but at least you would have got some sleep! :)
I have a rough idea, but what does EMS stand for? Were you an ambulance officer yourself?

Alisaura said:
I guess that's fair enough, but at least you would have got some sleep! :)
I have a rough idea, but what does EMS stand for? Were you an ambulance officer yourself?

Ambulance Officer? :lol: that's an interesting term!

I was an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) studying at the time to be a Paramedic; I passed the course but couldn't afford the tuition so didn't qualify for the state test :grumpy:

EMS stands for Emergency Medical Services - which consists of Private Ambulance services, County (paid for with Tax $$$) Ambulance services or Fire/Rescue departments - usually by some combination of these

I worked for both a Fire/Rescue and a County Ambulance for a few years

Sad_Girl said:
Ambulance Officer? :lol: that's an interesting term!

I was an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) studying at the time to be a Paramedic; I passed the course but couldn't afford the tuition so didn't qualify for the state test :grumpy:

EMS stands for Emergency Medical Services - which consists of Private Ambulance services, County (paid for with Tax $$$) Ambulance services or Fire/Rescue departments - usually by some combination of these

I worked for both a Fire/Rescue and a County Ambulance for a few years
That's awesome :up:

Why is "ambulance officer" interesting? :scratch: Maybe it's a cultural thing... it's a normal term here (for the paramedics in the ambulances) :wink:

Hey Dazz! :wave:

Just not a term I'd heard before :lol: not what we would call our EMT's or medics - they aren't officers, they're medical personell and/or emergency workers

and it reminded me of 'Ambulance Driver' which is NOT what you want to call someone who works EMS :yikes: :no: they work very hard to earn their medical licenses, and they don't generally like being considered to be a glorified cabbie :wink:

Hey Weldy! :wave: :hug:

I didn't actually watch that much of the Live Earth thing, Dazz... Saw some snippets of Crowded House though, which was cool. I thought the Oils were there? :scratch: Maybe Peter Garrett thought it wouldn't be good for his political career... :shrug:

Goodnight SG! :hug: Sleep well :)

Yeah, the Oils split up a few years ago - I got to see them about week before they announced it :up:
I kinda thought this would be the sort of thing that they might temporarily have re-banded for... is that a word? Opposite of disbanded :lol:
Crowded House split up too, even before their drummer died :sad:

Back
Top Bottom