Pleban Girls Party - A new home for the Threadless Pleban Party Girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jobob!!! :hug: :hyper: :hyper:

I worked at the library today, 1-5. The county library system attempted to do an upgrade of our circulation software (Millenium). You guessed it. It crashed the system, and never came back up. We had to use an auxillary version that allows you to check out books, but you can't look up patron records, check in books, etc. So, tomorrow morning, the circ clerks are going to have 3 carts full of returns to greet them in the morning!

Ahh...the world of libraries...!

Sad_Girl said:

Crosses are one of the few things I actually draw freehand. :heart:

I've been doing a lot of landscapes lately, too, but nothing spectacular. Not that the crosses I draw are spectacular, either. :lol:

just another thing we have in common :)

I would love to see some of your drawings! I've been so tempted to do some landscape quilts lately, but there are in line with about 10 other projects I want to start. :lol:

I swear sometimes I think we should just be joined at the hip already. :wink:

And I think your right that Cindy won't mind too much...Her love for the boys will over shadow my horrid cooties. :wink: :lol:

Another library tidbit...my supervisor asked our director if they could somehow increase my hours, perhaps by letting me be a page a few hours a week or some such deal. But, no go: Civil Service won't allow you to do two jobs at the same library. And it's still the same old deal: we're capped at 35 hours every two weeks, because otherwise--heaven forbid!--they'd have to give us benefits.

I have a job interview at 10 tomorrow am for a Civil Service job as a clerk typist in my town. Nothing exciting, but at least I'd get medical, which is a major big deal at this point.

MBS said:

I know. :sad:

I have to go to bed soon anyway. :sigh:

At least I have you girls :flirt:

Russty..........I think I want our husband. :wink:
At least from behind.....

:lol:

Diane :hug:

:lmao: :choking on my tea: :lmao:

Okay I seriously have tears running down my face in laughter! Damn! I could show you a picture of him. Then you'd probably want him from the front as well. :wink: :lol:

Russty Cat said:

I would love to see some of your drawings! I've been so tempted to do some landscape quilts lately, but there are in line with about 10 other projects I want to start. :lol:

I swear sometimes I think we should just be joined at the hip already. :wink:

And I think your right that Cindy won't mind too much...Her love for the boys will over shadow my horrid cooties. :wink: :lol:

Kind of like your love for the boys made you get over my cooties :wink:

I don't know about sharing anything I draw. :reject: maybe someday I'll be brave, but it's really just an outlet, nothing that looks all that great when I'm actually done. It's more about the action of drawing than the finished product.

I know what you mean about the projects, I have so many stories going right now, it's a wonder my head hasn't exploded :lol:

Diane L said:
Jobob!!! :hug: :hyper: :hyper:

I worked at the library today, 1-5. The county library system attempted to do an upgrade of our circulation software (Millenium). You guessed it. It crashed the system, and never came back up. We had to use an auxillary version that allows you to check out books, but you can't look up patron records, check in books, etc. So, tomorrow morning, the circ clerks are going to have 3 carts full of returns to greet them in the morning!

Ahh...the world of libraries...!

Now I just need to get serious about finding a job in one. I haven't heard from the last person I applied with. I have this sick feeling I may have screwed up the process somehow. She may not have been able to leave a message when calling me back, to make a long story short. :(

Diane L said:
Another library tidbit...my supervisor asked our director if they could somehow increase my hours, perhaps by letting me be a page a few hours a week or some such deal. But, no go: Civil Service won't allow you to do two jobs at the same library. And it's still the same old deal: we're capped at 35 hours every two weeks, because otherwise--heaven forbid!--they'd have to give us benefits.

I have a job interview at 10 tomorrow am for a Civil Service job as a clerk typist in my town. Nothing exciting, but at least I'd get medical, which is a major big deal at this point.

That really sucks that they won't let you pick up another job, but I hope the interview goes good and you get the other job. :hug: I totally understand about needing medical coverage.

Jobob, can you contact that person and see if she's called you? Maybe write her a letter explaining that you've been difficult to reach and you are still interested in the position. Books I've read on the job-getting process say that a snail-mail letter can go a long way in helping you get hired.

And Russty, yes, medical is everything. I'm currently without it for the first time in my life...my premium went up to $640 a month, and I just can't pay that. So, I'm hoping I don't get hit by a bus in the meantime...I'll have to look into getting another policy very, very soon, maybe just for catastrophic care (i.e. bus accidents).

Sad_Girl said:

I don't know about sharing anything I draw. :reject: maybe someday I'll be brave, but it's really just an outlet, nothing that looks all that great when I'm actually done. It's more about the action of drawing than the finished product.

Drawing/painting........if you're not worried about how it comes out can be so.....soothing? I don't think thats thw word I'm looking for :heart:

Sad_Girl said:

Kind of like your love for the boys made you get over my cooties :wink:

I know what you mean about the projects, I have so many stories going right now, it's a wonder my head hasn't exploded :lol:

I figured Adams cooties took over your cooties. :wink: :giggle:

I totally understand about it being more about the process. Sometimes I start things and they don't end up as planned, but its really about the journey to get there then it is the end.

Last night Mr. Cat and i wear watching a movie and I was knitting a scarf. After a little bit I went and got some fabric that i started ripping up into strips. After a few minutes he paused the movie and said "Well the heck are you doing now?!" I said "Crocheting a pirate coat. I need all the strips of fabric for it." He looked at me and said "Don't you already have like 10 things going?!" When I told him no that I had actually finished everything and the only thing going is the scarf. He pretended he was having a heart attack and started clutching his chest and gasping. :lol: So of course while he was gone today I started yet another project. hehe Its a skeleton doll. So far today I got the hands and feet made out of polymer clay.

workpic002.jpg

Sad_Girl said:

:hmm: :scratch: You know, SOMEONE was saying that to me recently. I can't remember who.... :lol:

:hug:

:hug: back at ya.

It sounds like Detroit is going to be another PLEBA Girls meet-up. I wish I could go...! If it was in, say, late November, maybe I'd have a chance to get the $$$ and vacation time together. But late October will be here very soon!

Diane L said:
Jobob, can you contact that person and see if she's called you? Maybe write her a letter explaining that you've been difficult to reach and you are still interested in the position. Books I've read on the job-getting process say that a snail-mail letter can go a long way in helping you get hired.

And Russty, yes, medical is everything. I'm currently without it for the first time in my life...my premium went up to $640 a month, and I just can't pay that. So, I'm hoping I don't get hit by a bus in the meantime...I'll have to look into getting another policy very, very soon, maybe just for catastrophic care (i.e. bus accidents).

Well I've learned from experience if anything does happen don't let the hospital or doctors bully you. You have the right to medical care even if you can't pay for it. :heart:

Diane L said:

The countdown as of today (Monday here in the East) is:

Intellectual Bono: 2 days
Rock Star Bono: 5 days
Rock Star Bono again: 11 days

:lmao:

Ah, the many sides of :bono:

I'm hoping for "Nobel Laureate Bono" in 11 days. The Nobel Peace Prize winner's name is to be announced Oct. 14.
:crossing fingers:

Diane L said:

I still have her e-mail address (and she had all three of my phone numbers). I can and should write her again tomorrow, because I am still very interested in the job.

jobob said:

:lmao:

Ah, the many sides of :bono:

I'm hoping for "Nobel Laureate Bono" in 11 days. The Nobel Peace Prize winner's name is to be announced Oct. 14.
:crossing fingers:

And I'm going to be at the Oct. 14 show!

I can see it now...some man in a tux walking onto the stage after a song and whispering in Bono's ear. Bono walking somewhat dazed and amazed to the microphone and saying, "Guess what? I've just won the Nobel Peace Prize!" and the crowd going WILD!!!!

Then the band plays "Crumbs" to celebrate. :heart:

Sad_Girl said:
Russty - thats going to be really cool! :up:

and a pirate coat, eh? :scratch: where'd that idea come from?

Its actually a pattern from a magazine I picked up yesterday. I am not brave enough to work up my own patterns for knitting and crocheting so I use others. But I've never found a sweater for myself that I've liked. Everything just seems to old school for me. When i was flipping thru the magazine actually looking for a beanie pattern for Mr. Cat I found the pirate coat and just had to try making myself one. Sadly its bumped his beanie to the back burner. :lol:

I asked him the other night if he would wear a particular sweater if I knitted it for him. He said that he just wasn't a sweater person anymore. I said I didn't think so and I wasn't going to waste my time. So then he suggested doing him a beanie. I of course immediatly thought of Edge. :giggle:

Russty Cat said:

Its actually a pattern from a magazine I picked up yesterday. I am not brave enough to work up my own patterns for knitting and crocheting so I use others. But I've never found a sweater for myself that I've liked. Everything just seems to old school for me. When i was flipping thru the magazine actually looking for a beanie pattern for Mr. Cat I found the pirate coat and just had to try making myself one. Sadly its bumped his beanie to the back burner. :lol:

I asked him the other night if he would wear a particular sweater if I knitted it for him. He said that he just wasn't a sweater person anymore. I said I didn't think so and I wasn't going to waste my time. So then he suggested doing him a beanie. I of course immediatly thought of Edge. :giggle:

:lol: is it a bad thing when we try to make our men more like the boys?

MBS said:
:|
Mother dear just came down here and chewed me out about not going to bed until 1:30 - 2 oclock.

And here I am thinking, crap, did time really run off on me....
And I look at te clock and it's 20 to 1.
wtf.
:|

:sigh:

:confused: She obviously has a difficult time reading the clock.

Sorry hun :hug: Maybe tomorrow, VP will be here and we can have your Blue Crack Addict party. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom