PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a beautiful piece about Mary J. Blidge's relationship to Bono in the Independent today.

Interview: The soul Queen Mary J Blige 'Right Now' - Independent.ie

While Mary speaks so highly about the man himself, I ask about the foundations of the bond. Why are they so close?

"I talk to him about anything. He's my brother. I don't see him much but when I need him, he's there. When he needs me, I'm there.

"And he's such a loving person with a lot of wisdom. If you want it, you sit and talk to him and he'll give it to you. And he's super confident, not cocky, but super confident of who Bono is, how Bono sings, how Bono dresses. He's just amazing to me, he's alluring because he's sure of his being.

:corn: cue MJB /One 2005 haters :wink:

You rang? :wink:

She can be friends with Bono all she wants. I don't like her as an artist and I did not like her "duet" at all. The only thing worse was when the Black Eyed Peas sang with U2 at that Rock Hall 25th anniv special. (MW in particular was butchered so badly that it was cut from the subsequent dvd/tv airing. Adam literally walked away from Fergie and planted himself at the drumkit. )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Light, that's just the Rolling Stone article rehashed. Shame on the Independent for not referencing it.

Back
Top Bottom