Pleba girls party-all we want is to be right next to U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey Diana. i'm doing good, how are you?

I do need to come in here more often......

the rockin edge said:

I can't believe we are actually seriously looking at colleges now...applying in just months. :drool:

So my friend and I found out that we actually did really good on our SAT's. :ohmy: (we got pretty much the same score, 30 point difference)

sami0201 said:

I can't believe we are actually seriously looking at colleges now...applying in just months. :drool:

So my friend and I found out that we actually did really good on our SAT's. :ohmy: (we got pretty much the same score, 30 point difference)

congrats on doing so well on the SAT's :D

do you know what college you want to go to?

the rockin edge said:

congrats on doing so well on the SAT's :D

do you know what college you want to go to?

NYU is my #1 choice and Boston U is my #2...but they are both really really expensive so I probably can't go unless I get some kind of scholarship. :( I don't even know if I can get into NYU, but Boston I'm sure I would. :drool:
Others I'm considering are U Michigan, U Florida, Emory, U Mass, U Maryland, etc etc :lol:

Goodnight Drea :hug: :heart:

sami0201 said:

NYU is my #1 choice and Boston U is my #2...but they are both really really expensive so I probably can't go unless I get some kind of scholarship. :( I don't even know if I can get into NYU, but Boston I'm sure I would. :drool:
Others I'm considering are U Michigan, U Florida, Emory, U Mass, U Maryland, etc etc :lol:

Goodnight Drea :hug: :heart:

cool, i see you have put a lot of thought into this :wink: :up: good luck, hope you get to go where you want to go :dancing:

:wave:

wow sami you have quite a list. :wink:
i'd be happy to go to UGA or Ohio State if I could get a scholarship just to see my cousins and aunts more often. I could probably find others I'd like but it's so expensive to go out of state that I almost don't want to get my hopes up by even thinking about it. haha

congrats on the SAT btw :up:

20? :shocked: it costs like 50 bucks each though! hope you get into some good ones for that ;)

:lol: VG :hug:

Yeah, my parents are bribing me to go in-state because in FL if you have over 3.5 GPA it's free to go to any state school, and UF is a really really good school. They are like "you can go to Europe for summers, not have to worry about getting a job...etc" :lol:

I'm like "I'd rather go to NYU and work part time" :grumpy: :wink:

NYU and BU are like $40000 a year :yikes: :| There's NO WAY it's happening. :laugh:

I know it's ridiculous how much they charge, a lot of the schools esp in the northeast are well above 30-40 grand a year. that shouldn't even be legal. :tsk: somehow i get the feeling that's higher than the rate of inflation.

yeah in georgia you get free tuition with like a 3.0 or 3.2 (not sure) or higher. and UGA is a very competitive school these days. plus i don't really care where i go. hopefully it's decent academically but i don't care if it's the best. plus athens is a party town. :dance: so :shrug:

:yes: And it figures that I want to be in the northest. :|

Party :rockon:

My friend is like "you would love George Washington!" so I look it up...$50000! :shocked: I'm like "yeah, money is no big deal to you but I can't go there!" :tsk:

You know how my town is. :|

hey adam :hug:

yeah i've always wanted to live up there but i suppose for me it's just some romanticized bullshit (whereas you lived there and have family, etc if i remember right). i dunno where i want to live, just not here. :tsk:

Yeah, that's a major reason why I'd love to be at NYU- my family is 25 minutes away. It's not like I would be with them all the time or anything, but it's just like a comfort thing. It would just be nice to know that they are there, should I need them for whatever reason. And I'd have people to be with on holiday and stuff like that. :shrug: Like even if I go to UF, my closest family is still a 7 hour car ride away.

Last edited:
right, that's the only reason I'd really want to go to OSU. of course it's columbus and my dad's family lives in cleveland a few hours away. but it'd be nice to see them more, i have a few aunts that are just really cool people and i'd like to see my little cousins more as they get older.

as it is though i just picture myself going to UGA which is fine. few hours from the parents and i don't plan on having a car. :evil:

i just feel like i'd rather not make my life 10 times more stressful with working a ton of jobs to put myself through school and still graduate with 100k in debt....when it doesn't even matter all that much where you go for what i want to do.

oh wait i have no clue what i want to do. :happy: ah well whatever

alright girls and guy, i'm out

(VertigoGal, I'm trying really hard not to be a member of the no sleep club tonight :wink: )

:lol: VG

:hug: I know exactly what you mean. That's another reason my parents don't want to send me somewhere like NYU or somewhere really good/expensive, I have no clue what I want to do. They don't want to pay so much for me to bullshit around, if I pick a major and another school is known for that or whatever I can always transfer. As much as I'd love to go, I can't say that I blame them. :shrug:

^makes sense. i'm going to have to pay for my own school so i don't want to put myself through hell to do it. :shrug:

:wink: i can't believe i didn't find the club earlier...i've been a functioning member at heart for a while now :crack:

anyway i wish you luck on your journey to sleep. i slept a full 5 hours last night, if i can do it, you can too! :up:

;)

thanks for the encouraging words, i'm happy if i can sleep through the night!

Good luck to you too (hee hee)

sami0201 said:
:lol: VG

:hug: I know exactly what you mean. That's another reason my parents don't want to send me somewhere like NYU or somewhere really good/expensive, I have no clue what I want to do. They don't want to pay so much for me to bullshit around, if I pick a major and another school is known for that or whatever I can always transfer. As much as I'd love to go, I can't say that I blame them. :shrug:

now you have touched upon the reason i'm not in college :wink:

<--has/had no clue what i want to do really.

Back
Top Bottom