PLEBA Girls' Camp party........will it stay up all nite?(the tent that is!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WildHoney said:
i'm off in 5 minutes i'll miss you all sooooooooo much

See you monday

Wild

xx :hug:

Wild! have a rockin' time in Dublin....god I am so jealous, jump bono for me if you see him:drool:

Susan....is your birthday tomorrow? If I don't talk to you before then have a great birthday:dance: !!!

Bri......what to say...hmmmmgirl! your going to give me a heart attack! goodluck with the tickets man!!! god I hope you get some...and you know what..box seats are better than none at all, remember that:yes: goodluck!:hug:

:hug: Dis.

Alright, The BS ticket Update
Wake up at 9...take deep breath, my dad is at work...which means I must battle mother dearest,.
9:30...eating breakfast...continuously glancing at clock. With great fear, bring up ticket sale with mom. Get shot down. Perserverence....still get shot down. See clock approach 10, feel heart ache...resignd I go to computer to begin work on evil paper.
10:10...mom comes and visits...conversationally asks whether they are sold out yet.
I jump and hirry over to ticketbastard...notice there are now 4 TO dates...begin searching...zero luck. 10:30...mother goes to shower....shouts up that radio just annouced that TO is sold out, all 4 nights. I randomly try searching for only 1 ticket instead of 2....and of course, get a hit, a decent behind the stage seat....try to contact mother and watch as 2 mins tic by. There goes that. Get another hit for 2 seats out in the middle of no where...give them up. Chat with mother some more baout why there is a wait time, etc etc.....mom starts sayin that if I find 1 ticket I can go (alone??? that's unexpected)...continue searching.....get almost exact same behind stage ticket again..call mother...we consider.....we lose it again. Decide it's time to call dad and see if he talked to his friend. He hasn't. But...his friends also deal with scalpers (dirty word)...so I will get tix....I discuss GA with father...he doesn't say no....discuss with mother....becomes large argument...I get teary....I retreat....am told they would rather me get a seat alone than be in GA, that in GA I will see nothing, that in GA I will be stampeded, and that they will *not* let me camp out for hours in downtown TO.....close to tears I retreat back to the computer......15 mins later...mother calls something down about, she'll "think about it (the GA I guess), but don't worry I'll be there, and my dad's friend will get me good seats...."
that's a kind of incoherent summary of my morning.....
I have a 5000 word essay to write..somebody *please* save me.

:hug: to all you ladies.

Oh yeah...it also came up again the idea of goin to a Ottawa or Montreal show...

Last edited:
Brightest, whew! So you are hoping for seats through your Dad's friend now, right? I hope it works. And yes, if you have a reserved seat you are free to loiter near dark alleyways looking for the band. I'm sure the 'rents will LOVE that :D

I'm exhausted from the sales this morning. Only got 1 GA for Cleveland so my two buddies are left out in the cold, but at least the show isn't until December--time to find more tix between now and then.

oops...sorry, went off reading email. i posted that i would trade one of my ticks and have had about 20 offers of people wanting to buy instead of trade.

it's cold and rainy here...waaaaa! i want to go to bed! have to go to a b'day party for a friend tonight and am missing the RRHOF broadcast on VH1. The horror!

:lol: Brightest, where were you last night? I was sober and everything!

we are posting 20 minutes apart! the topic if your paper (aids/africa)--i teach a class that devotes lots of time to that subject. how weird.

Hi BS! :wave:

Gosh...........SO much to say!!!!!!

First off, i am sooooooooo much in disbelief&utterly flabbergasted at the moment, you wouldn't believe it!!

This is me after reading your story> :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

That is so ridiculous&unfair! It was you who said they were comp illiterate, rite? Not kidding!

Yes, we are soooo evil!! :evil:

I tell ya, they really don't have a clue about this stuff! And all that stuff Mucca said aboout being trampled to death? PAH!!

It is not like that AT ALL!! Yes, there are rare, isolated incidents of that happening at concerts BUT you could just as easily get knocked down. There's probably a higher likelyhood of being run over on the road than there is at a U2 concert, honestly!!!!

I feel so VERY sad for you at the mo', i really do!

Having said all of that, it will still be great for you to actually be there, even if it's not at the front!

The funny thing i thought about it is that it gave me this vision in my mind of them asking you why do you want to be so close to the front anyway? Then you're like, "oh, em.....you know no reason, erm, let me think......don't really know"!!!!!

Yep, like your going to tell them!!!! Hmmmm...........

Only that you want to try to rip Bonos' shirt off&snog him passionately!!!!!!!! Teehee!!!

Be back in a mo' with MUCH more!

Hi Susan! Brightest, I can't find you in any one place...grrrrr. you're here, you're there...but you are nowhere!

okay, this is totally off-topic and boring, but I can't find you so here are some ideas for your paper
1) the notion that HIV originated in Africa is highly controversial and debatable. Probably emerged in S. America and Africa same time.
2) Spread of HIV in Africa and elsewhere related to 1) international and national migration 2) tainted blood supplies in Africa 3) the mining industry, where men migrate to work and sleep with sex workers who visit camps 4) needle use (more so in US/Europe.

point #3 is directly related to colonialism; if Africans had not lost land due to historical reasons underlying colonialism they would not have to leave homelands and work in the mining industry.

Ok, I'm done. Just some points to consider. Susan, forgive my butting in! I hope Bri gets her tickets...I'm feeling hopeful :)

on a more serious topic, nice butt pic you posted on the other thread :drool:

ruffian said:
:lol: balloon pants.

He's 100% broke now, btw. :|
How can that happen?

I dunno.....crazy dude he is....

Ok we had to do these presentations of these essay things the other day, and my group decided on a musical....and omg..we used Oops I did it again, MC Hammer, Disney songs...oh god..so hilarious.

I told you homeboy
Can't touch this! ;)

Further research ...:D
walkaway.jpg

...damn jacket....

better yet.....
whoa.jpg

:drool:

:lol: he needs to pare down the wardrobe for this tour :drool:
disney and hammer...that's just...wrong...

"OOOOOOOOWWWWWWW! brightest, is that you again??? don't pinch so hard!!!
yell.jpg

Oh and spice girls!!! :lmao:

Best presentation *ever*

The only thing close was this other group essay thing I did for Informal Logic (Ha..me logical? NEVER)...
"Nice Guys Finish Last"
With a picture of Jesus on the title page...
:D

(and no ..it never actually discusses Jesus)

oh...and I hope that doesn't offend anyone :reject:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom