PGP: Appreciating the men behind the boys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I noticed lots of you guys are asking questions about phones in Montreal.

Solution: Just stick with someone Canadian so they can text other Canadians for free for you :wink:

Plenty of us have BBM, so we'll be able to keep in touch for free thataway. :)

But yes, I have unlimited Canadian texting, so I'll help people out if needed. :)

Is it really pathetic that my main motivation for wanting to get a cheap one for Canada use is so I can tweet pics and stuff? :reject:

Is anyone bringing a laptop?

I probably am. Haven't really decided yet. I think I'll just be okay with my phone, since I can tweet and FB with that, and of course BBM/text you all when we're meeting up, etc. so a laptop probably isn't necessary. I dunno. :lol:

Fine, fine, I'll stick to the regular kind.

Ok, I find this kind of interesting-- I was reading through the hotel website, and I just noticed that they're very Jewish-friendly, and offer "Shabbos room keys and a Shabbos elevator." Ok, I get the no electricity thing, but... HOW DOES A NO ELECTRICITY ELEVATOR WORK? I am picturing a big hand crank. :reject:

Maybe it's a sign pointing to the stairwell? :lol:

Fine, fine, I'll stick to the regular kind.

Ok, I find this kind of interesting-- I was reading through the hotel website, and I just noticed that they're very Jewish-friendly, and offer "Shabbos room keys and a Shabbos elevator." Ok, I get the no electricity thing, but... HOW DOES A NO ELECTRICITY ELEVATOR WORK? I am picturing a big hand crank. :reject:

om nom nom
:lol:

You were about to take a road tour job??????

Yep, in 1996 I was offered a job with the STOMP tour and I didn't take it b/c Mr.Z and I had just gotten serious and I didn't want to go out on the road indefinitely. Choices... the road not taken.

Heya! :) Haven't caught up yet, but wanted to say I had a successful doctor's visit - I described what happened in Seattle and Anaheim, and she pinpointed it as anxiety.

So I have a shiny new prescription for something heavy-duty to take when the occasion arises. YAY. Hope it works. I've already talked to several people who said they've been on it, and it worked for them.

I'm going to take one this weekend, just so I can see how my body reacts. If it makes me drowsy as it's supposed to, I need to kind of judge how long it does, so I can determine if I can take it on the flight to Boston and hop into a car to start driving when I land. (One person said the drowsiness only lasted 6 hours for her, and I'm only taking half a pill as needed, so hopefully it will be okay.)

Here's hoping this will work for my upcoming trips. :)

And I became a bellydancer about 20 years too late. :lol:

right! Imagine, we coulda been U2 tour buddies in a totally different way. :lol:

Heya! :) Haven't caught up yet, but wanted to say I had a successful doctor's visit - I described what happened in Seattle and Anaheim, and she pinpointed it as anxiety.

So I have a shiny new prescription for something heavy-duty to take when the occasion arises. YAY. Hope it works. I've already talked to several people who said they've been on it, and it worked for them.

I'm going to take one this weekend, just so I can see how my body reacts. If it makes me drowsy as it's supposed to, I need to kind of judge how long it does, so I can determine if I can take it on the flight to Boston and hop into a car to start driving when I land. (One person said the drowsiness only lasted 6 hours for her, and I'm only taking half a pill as needed, so hopefully it will be okay.)

Good thing you have time to try it out before Boston.
I got sick the day I left for Oakland. Stopped at urgent care on the way out of town. The prescription they gave me took 2 hours to fill, so I stopped in Yuma (on the border btw AZ & CA) and had them send it to the Walgreens in SoCal where I was staying the night. The pharmacy was open 'til 7pm and I rolled in right at 6:30pm. Ain't technology grand?

Yay, glad you got something to help! Welcome to the "My body is a pain in the ass sometimes!" club. :sexywink: I'm hoping I can get my RX refilled before the trip! :pray: I'm super susceptible to medicines (painkiller stronger than like, Tylenol, knock me out) so I have to stick to pretty low doses. Then again, I don't think it is humanly possible to get sleepy during a U2 show! (If I take one before a flight, I'm usually fine when I wake up, btw, but yours might be different.) Taking one this weekend is a good idea though, just so you'll have an idea of how your body reacts!

Oh, totally forgot to tell you guys, my friend *ahem* procured a copy of Killing Bono and we watched it last night. If you like the book, I'm not sure you'll like the movie, but there were some really funny U2 moments.

Yeah, there were a few good laughs in it, but overall I was underwhelmed, considering how much I enjoyed the book.

Definitely want to go back and re-read it, though, to see if it was actually as funny as I remembered!

I LOVED the moment after the first big gig, when Bono takes Neil's sunglasses and makes fun of them! Priceless!

And, the scene in Larry's kitchen, I mean, who among us hasn't imagined what that was like? And to "see" it was fun.

Yeah, that was great!

My other favorite bit:

when he's having sex with that girl, and she's got a poster of Bono on her ceiling/wall, and it keeps moving in and out of view :lol:

Sharrrrrrron! :wave:

Hi! :)

Glad to hear you're getting answers! Hopefully the meds will do the trick. :)

Yeah, there were a few good laughs in it, but overall I was underwhelmed, considering how much I enjoyed the book.

Definitely want to go back and re-read it, though, to see if it was actually as funny as I remembered!

I still need to read the book... I felt meh about the movie too, but there were some funny parts. I'd much rather read the book than see the movie again. :) I'll have to look around for that...

Yeah, that was great!

My other favorite bit:

when he's having sex with that girl, and she's got a poster of Bono on her ceiling/wall, and it keeps moving in and out of view :lol:

I didn't see that part - my son and my friends kids were in the room so when that part started we had to, really quickly, shuffle them out of the room! AWKWARD!!!!!

Maybe it's a sign pointing to the stairwell? :lol:

I gave in and Wikipedia'd it. :reject: The elevators are designed to stop at every floor without having pushing any buttons. Although, "A non-Jew known as a Shabbos goy may be employed to press the buttons and hold the door for Jewish people, in buildings that do not have Shabbat elevators." I think I found my new dream job!

Cori, glad everything went well at the doctor's.

So yeah, not one, but two of my dogs got outside of the gate late this morning. Finn came right back when we yelled for him, but his brother was a different story. If it wasn't for an old McDonalds bag that lured Felix back to my mom and I, who knows what could have happened to him? :sad:

So glad they're OK. :heart:

So yeah, not one, but two of my dogs got outside of the gate late this morning. Finn came right back when we yelled for him, but his brother was a different story. If it wasn't for an old McDonalds bag that lured Felix back to my mom and I, who knows what could have happened to him? :sad:

OMG, scary! :ohmy: Glad they're ok!

Saw that on fb :hug:s for you and your furbabies

They should make a movie about alternate reality us.

lol - fanfic movies :lmao: NOBODY needs that!
Although I'm sure we'd be super cool and fun and totally hot! :wink:

While my mom and I are inside having mini-heart attacks, Felix is laying in front of the fan and Finn is jumping on my mom's leg and following her around. Ignorance is truly bliss. :rolleyes: But I'm glad they're OK. :heart:

One of my articles came back with a request for some edits, and they are taking FOREVER. I hate super nit-picky editors. Do you think if I signed my notes back to them with "FOAD", they'd know what I meant? :shifty:

Hai Zee! :wave:

Felix and Finn are 5 year old shih-tzu/terrier mixes. I also have Phoebe who is 2 and Farrah who is her half-sister who is a year old. They're both purebred shih-tzus. My mom and I are outnumbered in the house. :lol:

Oh, totally forgot to tell you guys, my friend *ahem* procured a copy of Killing Bono and we watched it last night. If you like the book, I'm not sure you'll like the movie, but there were some really funny U2 moments.

I LOVED the moment after the first big gig, when Bono takes Neil's sunglasses and makes fun of them! Priceless!

And, the scene in Larry's kitchen, I mean, who among us hasn't imagined what that was like? And to "see" it was fun.

I can't wait to see it!! I loved the book (almost done) :hyper:

Does anyone have any idea when it comes out on dvd??

Back
Top Bottom