Perfect first encore on Mexico III!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
This last Mexico show's first encore is the perfect one! They played like this just a few times at the beginning of the tour, after that they would either go Zoo Station / The Fly / Mysterious Ways, or Zoo Station / The Fly / With Or Without You. Both are good but Zoo Station / The Fly / Mysterious Ways / With Or Without You is the perfect one. I didn't think they would do it again but they did! Perfect! I really hope that they keep it like this until the end now. The second encore was good too but I really think that they should keep Yahweh there.

My perfect encore would be (being as realistic as possible):
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You

All Because Of You
Yahweh

:drool:

It's not perfect because it still has WOWY, plus too many Achtung songs.

UTEOTW --> Electric Co. --> Fly would own everything.

Why does Electric Co. need to be early in the show? It worked perfectly well mid-set for many years. I'd like to hear it in the encore.

It just feels great to have a song like that in the beginning. That riff sounds so fresh and hyper that it's the perfect choice to have at the beginning while the crowd is that excited and pumped. It keeps them that way. I think that the song worked better in the mid-set when Bono would stretch that slow part for ages.

Maybe it would work as the encore too, but I don't think it would work after UTEOTW because of the way the song is played during the verses (I'm talking about TEC), it's contrived, I feel like the song following a rocker like UTEOTW, with that kind of explosive ending, would need the next song to have more relaxed verses (like NYD).

The Electric Co. should be amongst the first. For me, it was the point of the show where it all really began. High-energy, jumping dancing and shouting. Not encore stuff, though mid-set could work now that City of Blinding Lights is the opener.

TheBrazilianFly said:
It just feels great to have a song like that in the beginning. That riff sounds so fresh and hyper that it's the perfect choice to have at the beginning while the crowd is that excited and pumped. It keeps them that way. I think that the song worked better in the mid-set when Bono would stretch that slow part for ages.

Maybe it would work as the encore too, but I don't think it would work after UTEOTW because of the way the song is played during the verses (I'm talking about TEC), it's contrived, I feel like the song following a rocker like UTEOTW, with that kind of explosive ending, would need the next song to have more relaxed verses (like NYD).

At the first European gig, UTEOTW led into TEC, and I seem to recall people who were there said it was a great, rocking transition. As I think UTEOTW is a natural encore opener, I think it'd be cool to have TEC following it. To me, the first encore should really rock, and I don't really see the logic in saying TEC shouldn't be used when you say a similarly rocking song in the second position (The Fly) is part of the "perfect encore".

I also think it'd be great to end the main set or first encore with TEC, just by really rocking out the end. That could be quite a spectacular conclusion.

I would have settled for;

Even Better Than The Real Thing
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
With Or Without You

Party Girl
Yahweh

I'd like to see MoFo -> Electric Co.

very similar to how MoFo -> I Will Follow was done on PopMart

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom