Paris #4 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish they will just stop touring and start concentrating on making great albums like they used to.

U2 are the greatest live band in the history of popular music.

What the Beatles did in the studio, U2 do on stage.

moanings for happiness . :D interesting concept . maybe some apologies for criticsm will make you happy also no?

No. U2 makes me happy. And when I have a beef with the setlist, or an album, or whatever the fuck they choose to do, I might bitch about it and then get over it, or I'll say nothing and just get the fuck over it.

Oh my, the lead singer of EODM gave it all... they were so happy and thankful to share the stage with U2.. and then the solo performance... very nice move from U2 to hand over their stage on the final song to EODM.

I am happy I was there, very special night. Singing One together with French people... a great last show of my favourite tour since... heck I don't know... Elevation?

I wonder if anyone who survived that horrible night in Paris at that music show, somehow made it to this U2 show. Doubtful, but somehow that would be the most amazing thing of all to image that.

It's great already, just where my mind went...

No. U2 makes me happy. And when I have a beef with the setlist, or an album, or whatever the fuck they choose to do, I might bitch about it and then get over it, or I'll say nothing and just get the fuck over it.

This is how an adult reacts to what a band on the other side of the world plays to their audience.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm so sick of the trolls using the sheep term. It's so boring and repetitive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Let's come up with a replacement.

Ewes.

So we can say we're Ewe2 fans.

1491788907829100685_zpsc2ortl7t.gif

What a truly incredible moment... certainly one that won't be soon forgotten.

Pure joy to see those guys up there on stage again. I hadn't heard of them before but to imagine what they've been through and to return to the stage with such defiance... truly inspiring.

Really like that song they played, too. PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER!

Can't believe the tour is already over. U2 is the best fucking band in the world, and if this doesn't further prove that I don't know what will.

It's pretty much the same set list as it has been all year. So forgive me for not wanting to blow smoke up u2's arses like some of the fanboys on here. There is nothing more predictable than a u2 tour these days. I wish they will just stop touring and start concentrating on making great albums like they used to.

The only predictable thing about U2 shows these days is that they're going to rock and those that attend are being taken to church.

Funny thing is that U2 played a shit-ton of unique songs on this tour, especially considering the length of the tour so far.

This is especially astounding given that the first half is a concept that requires it to be static.

This show was FAR less static than similar sized chunks of Popmart and Zootv, where any changes were rare.

That was so awesome! Kudos U2 and EoDM for working this out.

After watching the interview on Vice, I didn't know if Jesse and co would have the mental strength to get back on stage this quick, never mind in Paris.

Fun watching Jesse rock a stage that big - especially using the ramp and e-stage. Also fun to see David Catching and Edge rocking out - Catch is a really good guy from interviews I've seen - he's a big part of the desert rock scene - QoTSA, Kyuss, EoDM, etc...

"U2 tours have become predictable" hmmm runs back to check setlists from zootv and popmart, oh hang on wait when haven't they been predictable?

"U2 tours have become predictable" hmmm runs back to check setlists from zootv and popmart, oh hang on wait when haven't they been predictable?

True, but in those days they were touring to promote great albums, they were churning out albums every 1.5 -2 years and most importantly....it was the pre internet era whereby unless you attended a show in person, you had no idea about the experience. Now days, the wow and shock factor is no longer there due to concerts being available online literally hours after they have finished. The only way around this is by having multiple set lists.

U2 are now in a position where they have already ticked all the boxes in terms of album and ticket sales etc, it's time for them to really stop bothering about trying to be the biggest band in the world by pleasing the masses, and start mixing things up and keep things interesting for their long term fans and for themselves.

Last edited:
Maybe they like being the biggest band in the world and pleasing the masses. And if so, there's nothing wrong with doing what you like. :shrug:

True, but in those days they were touring to promote great albums, they were churning out albums every 1.5 -2 years and most importantly....it was the pre internet era whereby unless you attended a show in person, you had no idea about the experience. Now days, the wow and shock factor is no longer there due to concerts being available online literally hours after they have finished. The only way around this is by having multiple set lists.

U2 are now in a position where they have already ticked all the boxes in terms of album and ticket sales etc, it's time for them to really stop bothering about trying to be the biggest band in the world by pleasing the masses, and start mixing things up and keep things interesting for their long term fans and for themselves.

The fact that this tour has had pretty much full on praise says it all, and the show I seen is right up there with the best so to be fair, am not arsed about the moaners and bitches this time round, if you cant go to a show and just relax and have fun without having to analyse everything they are doing then I don't think the band is for you anymore, because I don't think they are about to change anytime soon.

Also I fucking love SOI so I think they have been touring a great album

Also out of all the shows to complain about, this one wasn't it, but oh well cant win them all.

And I have actually just witnessed someone still slag the band and Bono off for letting EODM play at their show "I hate the **** beedy eye bono strikes again" was the phrase, I mean honestly will people just have a dig at them for ANYTHING? even when its an amazing thing they are doing?

At the end of the day this show is an amazing production that has a brilliant narrative. Watching the Paris show tonight I realized that.

At the end of the day this show is an amazing production that has a brilliant narrative. Watching the Paris show tonight I realized that.

It is amazing that they perform some songs better than almost... ever. Bullet was destroying the arena yesterday... it is so well played it gave me chills everytime I saw it live on this tour.

The SOI songs telling the Dublin story ... just a perfect live experience

I will remember this 2015 Tour as one of U2s best.

It is amazing that they perform some songs better than almost... ever. Bullet was destroying the arena yesterday... it is so well played it gave me chills everytime I saw it live on this tour.

The SOI songs telling the Dublin story ... just a perfect live experience

I will remember this 2015 Tour as one of U2s best.

This tour is definitely up in there.

Bullet is the best version since Popmart - an absolute killer track.

As people have already said, every tour has a 'static' setlist because they are:
1. Promoting their new album - showcasing (and even enjoying playing) their latest work.
2. Playing the hits - nothing wrong with that. If I went to see the Stones I would want to hear Brown Sugar. If I went to see Bowie I would want to hear Heroes etc

It's very easy to criticise a written-down setlist, but actually experiencing the show is on another level.

Let's remember that their all-time-fan-favourite tour ZOO TV had a pretty static setlist and gave birth to the mini-stage.

My only gripe about this tour was the screen - and that's only because it's impact was totally dependent on where you sat whether you got a fantastic view, a mini-screen view, or a poor acute-angled view.

If they added 2 large screens on the main stage over the band facing outward then that would have solved that problem and created a more dynamic show - and they can afford it too.

Good job U2 - look forward to your next incarnation. Still the best live band with the best songs.

And you come and sing all your war-horses in my back garden anytime you bloody want.

Back
Top Bottom