Ok Bring it. WTF is your Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen from your posts, you kinda tend to go on and on about your opinion whether it's about Al Sharpton or Arcade Fire. I think this rubs some people the wrong way.

And guess what, like TV or Radio, if you don't like it move along. I don't go to the Arcade Fire thread anymore because I have said what needed to be said.

Justin24 said:
Ok so how do I provoke with a thread about where are you going on Vacation this summer or talking about Jericho (TV Show) etc.... Is that provoking people?

No, you don't get it! It's not the content of your threads... it's the quantity! Just see Chizip's post. It speaks for itself. Who am I to stop you from creating threads??? I'm nobody. But you asked why the backlash. And some of us think that's the reason why.

Justin24 said:
I don't go to the Arcade Fire thread anymore because I have said what needed to be said.

Good for you!

And I am sure you will all be happy when I go on vacation for 3 weeks to Colombia and Guatemala in July/August.:wink: I am meeting Muggsy if you remember her, in Colombia by the way.

To co-exist with so many different viewpoints and personalities you have to remember a few simple rules:

Rule #1: Accept that people aren't always nice here. So ignore those people.
Rule #2: Accept that opinions outside of the mainstream won't always be treated respectfully but don't feel that you can't express them.
Rule #3: Enjoy the fact that you can talk to people whose opinions and knowledge are unique and that you would not have met without this place.
Rule #4: Meet people halfway on some things.

Who cares how many thread someone starts? If you don't wish to contribute to a thread, don't bother reading it or posting in it. It will be pushed to the next page in no time.

At the same time, don't let people get to you or take it personal. There are lots of different people here with different opinions on things--such is life.

Justin, speaking as a friend, I think something that grates on people is that you state an opinion and people question it, you often don't answer the question. You tend to pick and choose which questions you answer. I think that rubs people the wrong way.

Opinions are like Arseholes.......everybody has one.......not all are pretty.

I admit, you get flamed heaps, and I think that is sad........sad in the way that peeps on here can't just walk away or even press the IGNORE button, instead they choose to flog a dead horse, and get every one fired up.

And seriously...........is it that much of a big deal that someone has more threads than someone that posts more or has been on the forums longer....What? Are you jealous? Will Justin be getting a special little tee that says "I am the champion of Thread Starters!"

It's Carlos fault. I can't swear anymore so I'm having to take my aggression out in other, lower ways.

I think I'm all washed up on this board. It was lovely to meet you, we still have our date in hell right?

:wave:

RedrocksU2 said:
great eating pop corn thread.

I like you more now Justin.
Btw....don't listen to Snow.:D

A-fucking-men to that. :sick:

snowinformersnh3.jpg

I liked that you were brave enough to start the arm wrestling thread! :up:

Justin -

here is how I look at it. We all have friends who feel that they need to forward every funny picture or link, inspirational quote, prayer, fear, news story, whatever to every friend on their distribution list. they clog up your e-mail with these e-mails. They end up annoying you daily (much like SPAM) until you break down and send them an e-mail asking them to STOP THE MADNESS!

This is your e-mail! :sexywink:

It is about quality, not quantity!

I also agree with Liesje about using your journal more. You started a few threads with photographs you have made. They were some great photos...and it would be great to scan through your journal entries and see all of them in there (in one spot, instead spread across six or seven threads).

Just some helpful suggestions.

Justin, the members of interference smell your fear. Take a bath, and come back with a new attitude. :sexywink: Don't act like the village bringdown and then expect people not to keep picking on you. Here's my quick and easy-to-follow suggestions for you:

1. Don't act like a victim. Making threads about being a victim is not the way of going about accomplishing this.

2. Stop making so many threads.

3. If someone is picking on you, don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. The internet can be a rough place. If life kicks you in the balls, don't fall down, clutching your groin; ask for another! It may hurt, but you sure won't be looking like the victim anymore. It's all a part of breaking the stigma. :yes:

4. Follow the rules. It's as simple as that. You are allowed to defend yourself, but do it in a way that is not insulting, and do not become a bully yourself.

And there we are. :up:

LemonMelon hit a great point there.

But if we're going to be really honest here... bluntly honest?

The sheer number of threads merely exasperates the real problem. You make crap threads. Every once in a while you'll make a good one, and it will be a good thread with good posts and happy thoughts. But more often than not you make crappy ones. But a lot of us make crappy threads. Your problem is that the crappy threads you make, you take too seriously, or simply don't know they're crap.

LemonMelon said:
Justin, the members of interference smell your fear. Take a bath, and come back with a new attitude. :sexywink: Don't act like the village bringdown and then expect people not to keep picking on you. Here's my quick and easy-to-follow suggestions for you:

1. Don't act like a victim. Making threads about being a victim is not the way of going about accomplishing this.

2. Stop making so many threads.

3. If someone is picking on you, don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. The internet can be a rough place. If life kicks you in the balls, don't fall down, clutching your groin; ask for another! It may hurt, but you sure won't be looking like the victim anymore. It's all a part of breaking the stigma. :yes:

4. Follow the rules. It's as simple as that. You are allowed to defend yourself, but do it in a way that is not insulting, and do not become a bully yourself.

And there we are. :up:
Wait, acting like a petulant child is a bad thing :ohmy:

Last edited:
Lancemc said:
You make crap threads. Every once in a while you'll make a good one, and it will be a good thread with good posts and happy thoughts. But more often than not you make crappy ones. But a lot of us make crappy threads. Your problem is that the crappy threads you make, you take too seriously, or simply don't know they're crap.

I think Mr. Lance is on to something here! :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom