Official NLOTH Tracklisting (From U2.com)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First post - been lurking here for too long....

I do feel a little short changed, but really shouldn't feel this way until we hear the full album. I have high hopes that it is the 2nd coming of Achtung (my favourite album) so anything along those lines, no matter how many songs can only be a good thing.

Will have to wait for the super deluxe re-issue to hear the other 57 tracks they had recorded I guess.

they couldn't have ONE album with no long titles?

IGCIIDGCT = :down: :madspit:

Crazy Tonight was a GREAT title...

and Stand Up COMEDY?????? dammit...

F-BB :|

I hope the songs are great... I mean, if a song is called MAGNIFICENT it CAN'T be bad

come on new single, leak for me please :hyper:

Fly2000, I was just coming in to edit my post to say the same thing. Could be a 2nd album on the way very soon....

same cover just upside down I guess :)

Hmmm... yeah, now that I'm thinking about it this title fits amazingly well those lyrics: "Be careful of small men with big ideas" It's pretty clear that Bono is talking about himself here. And is very ironic with the lyrics: "Stand up for rockstars."

I could see Stand Up Comedy being used as an ironic flip on his poverty/AIDS calls: (or Crumbs)

stand up for rockstars
stand up for sports cars
stand up for ESPN
but
be careful of small men
with big ideas

:reject:

I could see Stand Up Comedy being used as an ironic flip on his poverty/AIDS calls: (or Crumbs)

stand up for rockstars
stand up for sports cars
stand up for ESPN
but
be careful of small men
with big ideas

:reject:

:lol:

Based on Aussie release dates, this is what we're looking forward to over the next 6 weeks:

16 Jan: Get on Your Boots first radio play
20 Jan: U2 perform at Obama inauguration
28 Jan: video clip for GOYB (guesstimate)
13 Feb: b-sides on new single
18 Feb: GOYB live at BRIT awards
20 Feb: leak of album (guesstimate)
27 Feb: physical album, magazine, book, Corbijn DVD, bonus track

Also coming: tour dates, radio interviews, TV performances (?)

Did I miss anything?

How did i guess that it would be the same people bitching?, and i am still saying that the same people bitching in this thread, no matter if the album is really great, will bitch about it

Fez-Being born. White as snow.

Are those the two "unnamed songs" Q article talked about ?

I never expected more than 12 songs. There will be a bonus track on some edtions. And I guess songs are longer so that makes a longer album overall.

1. No Line On The Horizon-I like the ambience to this title, but perhaps the opening track will contradict the atmospheric aura conjured by the soft title. Overall, I like it, but I like it even more in the context of the records name.

2. Magnificent-This title stands tall and proud as it connotes an epic feel, much like No line on the horizon (the albums title)

3. Moment of Surrender-Harsh, in your face, nerve racking. I like it a lot.

4. Unknown Caller-I love how the caller is directly labelled as anonymous, it lets of a chocking fume of mystery.

5. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight-A little bit too long. 'Hey Ady, what's this song again?' I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight'. A bit uneasy. However, the mouthfullness of the title aiside, I think it is fantastic, really great, up to beat and energetic, only lacking in being concise. But I don't like whining. I love it.

6. Get On Your Boots-A demand. It doesn't roll of the tongue to the extent of Get your boots on, though.

7. Stand Up Comedy-laid back and friendly.

8. Fez – Being Born-yuck.

9. White As Snow-A bit commercial, an obvious metaphor.

10. Breathe-sexy and slim in structure. one word titles always appeal to me greatly.

11. Cedars Of Lebanon-I like it very much, and in conclusion, I like practically every title but two.

There are already 2 classic songs called 'Breathe' - from Pink Floyd and The Prodigy. Lets hope U2's 'Breathe' is as good as both of them.

:hyper: We have gone from U2 famine to U2 news overload recently! :hyper:

About time U2.com got their act together :angry: Thought we would hear everything via the media before they pulled their finger out :doh:

how can you judge a title? But Fez being born sounds strange to me ... reminds me of something from a band LIVE : white, discussion.

we all have to wait until the album is released and we heard the songs

I don't get why so many don't like Fez - Being Born. That's a title that sounds really kind of experimental, unusual. If Radiohead had a title like that, everyone would love it. I think it's one of the more exciting song titles from u2 and I cannot wait to hear what kind of song that is.

:huh::|I dont like the titles I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight and White As Snow. Its a bit

I don't get why so many don't like Fez - Being Born. That's a title that sounds really kind of experimental, unusual. If Radiohead had a title like that, everyone would love it. I think it's one of the more exciting song titles from u2 and I cannot wait to hear what kind of song that is.

Spot on, people go on about how much they want the band to experiment a little, well to me it seems they have experimented with some titles alone, but yet the usual people arent happy, surley you didnt expect anything different?

Back
Top Bottom