Official NLOTH Tracklisting (From U2.com)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^^:lol: ONOEZ LIEK BONGO SEZ SOLZ!111!

:wink: But seriously, I think it's a pretty safe bet that the word "soul" will be used somewhere on the album. I mean, have U2 had an album that didn't? But it doesn't indicate that it's going to be a bad record -- look at AB!

Is it just me or it's completely boring that we got to know the tracklisting?

Now we have to wait til Monday to get excited again....

I still think it would have been a lot cooler if we only get to knew the tracklisting when the album was released.

Maybe it actually will be: (I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go) Crazy Tonight

Maybe Fez - Being Born are actually two songs interconnected with each other. On Coldplay's Viva La Vida the songs Lovers In Japan and Reign of Love are 2 songs interconnected in one title.

Very Bomb like song titles, at least we don't have Love or Kneel or Soul in our titles.

Really?

Then what did you make of "Even Better Than the Real Thing" and "Trying to Throw Your Arms around the World" when you first heard them? Those sound very "Bomb" like too - trouble is, they were created 13 years before "Bomb".

And based on song titles alone, "Where the Streets Have No Name" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" should have made anyone cringe.

Titles mean nothing. And U2 have had major successes with both one word titles as well as huge mouthfuls.

As for the "kneel", "soul", "sky" and "love" aspects - again, go back to the 80's - early 80's at that. Plenty of those themes there. Don't make it sound like Bono just discovered those words this decade. He's overused them for years. My friends and I used to mock Bono's writing in the late 80's just pulling together those words with a few references to religion or war and some passionate preachy singing thrown in. :) So again, hardly anything new. If you're tired of those words, so be it - but you should have grown tired decades ago.

Is it just me or it's completely boring that we got to know the tracklisting?

Now we have to wait til Monday to get excited again....

I still think it would have been a lot cooler if we only get to knew the tracklisting when the album was released.

Not only that, but I won't be able to get my hands on a copy of this until March 3rd! That is a full 47 days! That is 1,128 hours from now. :no:

I don't think Bruce's new album alone can sustain my that long :sad:

Not only that, but I won't be able to get my hands on a copy of this until March 3rd! That is a full 47 days! That is 1,128 hours from now. :no:

I don't think Bruce's new album alone can sustain my that long :sad:

Outlaw Pete and The Wrestler (I've waited til the album leaked to hear this one) are sustaining me alone. :heart:

But do you agree with me that would be better if we didn't get to know the tracklisting until the actual release?

Outlaw Pete and The Wrestler (I've waited til the album leaked to hear this one) are sustaining me alone. :heart:

But do you agree with me that would be better if we didn't get to know the tracklisting until the actual release?

I dunno. I guess I'm glad we got something although instead now my hunger for news has been replaced by my hunger to hear the songs now that I know what they are all called!

My comment was more directed at you mentioning having to wait to get excited. We have a LONG ways to go. My quarter in school just started and it's going to be almost time for finals by the time this comes out :(

All this news keeps coming out every day and I check interference like 30 times a day to see if it's anything major. I can't keep doing this for another 1,000+ hours :ohmy:

And also I don't really want to listen to the album or the samples until I get my hands on my own copy and get my headphones plugged in. I just know it's not going to be the same experience downloading leaked clips online. An album is art after all, there's nothing like sitting down, putting the headphones on and listening to an entire album for the first time while flipping through the booklet, reading the lyrics, and looking at all the artwork :love:

I WANT IT TO BE MARCH 3RD ALREADY!!

:hyper:

I was so happy to read the tracklisting this morning. And I knew that there would be some major bitching going on here, I haven't read all of the thread.

My thoughts:

Cover is beautiful, but I don't get the two bars. I would prefer the photo without any writing as it is now, but without the bars. I like the concept of light and darkness.

Slightly disappointed that there really are only 11 songs again, but I kind of expected it.

VERY excited to see two new song titles.

Good to see Boots as the first single isn't the first song on the album.

Fez - Being Born, I LOVED it instantly, sounds very cool to me, I think it's two songs in one à la Coldplay, smells like Brian Eno. Beautiful title.

Crazy Tonight - I don't like the long title, also for visual reasons, I hope that at least they add brackets in that title.

Disappointed that Tripoli and most of all Every Breaking Wave aren't there, I liked the title very much, BUT I also like White as snow and immediatly thought it could be winter.

I guess Bonus Tracks could be Tripoli or Every Breaking Wave.

Other than that, I'm very happy and cannot wait to hear the music. I have concepts in my mind for every single song title right now.

I dunno. I guess I'm glad we got something although instead now my hunger for news has been replaced by my hunger to hear the songs now that I know what they are all called!

My comment was more directed at you mentioning having to wait to get excited. We have a LONG ways to go. My quarter in school just started and it's going to be almost time for finals by the time this comes out :(

All this news keeps coming out every day and I check interference like 30 times a day to see if it's anything major. I can't keep doing this for another 1,000+ hours :ohmy:

And also I don't really want to listen to the album or the samples until I get my hands on my own copy and get my headphones plugged in. I just know it's not going to be the same experience downloading leaked clips online. An album is art after all, there's nothing like sitting down, putting the headphones on and listening to an entire album for the first time while flipping through the booklet, reading the lyrics, and looking at all the artwork :love:

Well, I'm sure that GOYB will manage to sustain us for another month.

I've been on Interference for a month and I already have 900 posts, I think I'm addicted :shifty: :ohmy:

For four years... I did that. Waited for the album. The day it got released I would go to the store, buy and listen to it.
But I'm not anymore like this. I still have a whole "ritual" to listen to new albums, but I don't care anymore if it's leaked or not.
I guess you haven't heard the beach clips then? Well, it's not like you're losing anything amazing. It's more like a guarantee that at least, three tracks on the album are great. :wink: Well, but (after monday) I totally agree with you on this:

I WANT IT TO BE MARCH 3RD ALREADY!!

Btw, always nice to meet another Bruce fan. ;)

Well, I'm sure that GOYB will manage to sustain us for another month.

I've been on Interference for a month and I already have 900 posts, I think I'm addicted :shifty: :ohmy:

For four years... I did that. Waited for the album. The day it got released I would go to the store, buy and listen to it.
But I'm not anymore like this. I still have a whole "ritual" to listen to new albums, but I don't care anymore if it's leaked or not.
I guess you haven't heard the beach clips then? Well, it's not like you're losing anything amazing. It's more like a guarantee that at least, three tracks on the album are great. Well, but (after monday) I totally agree with you on this:

Btw, always nice to meet another Bruce fan.

I have heard the beach clips actually. I don't feel like I've spoiled those songs for myself yet because you can only hear kind of a basic outline of what it MIGHT sound like, with none of the details filled in.

So basically the fact that when I heard there were beach clips I rushed to download them points to the fact that it's going to be VERY HARD for me to wait for the album to hit stores. DAMN IT! I so want it to be an "event" when I am tearing the plastic cover off...we'll see :wink:

P.S. I WORSHIP AT THE ALTAR OF THE RISING AND MAGIC

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Worked in the afternoon.
Straight to the movies after that.
Got home.
Check online and klabam!
Official announcement of tracklist and cover artwork.
Great!
Off to bed now.
Tomorrow's my day off, so lots of time to catch up!
Woohoo!

I have heard the beach clips actually. I don't feel like I've spoiled those songs for myself yet because you can only hear kind of a basic outline of what it MIGHT sound like, with none of the details filled in.

So basically the fact that when I heard there were beach clips I rushed to download them points to the fact that it's going to be VERY HARD for me to wait for the album to hit stores. DAMN IT! I so want it to be an "event" when I am tearing the plastic cover off...we'll see :wink:

P.S. I WORSHIP AT THE ALTAR OF THE RISING AND MAGIC

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Y'know... I don't know if that works the same way for you, but I started to like U2 back in 2004 and I hadn't the money to buy their whole discography at once. I had to buy one at a time cause my dad wouldn't give me that much money. :wink: But of course, I wouldn't manage to hear only one album each two-three weeks. So, I downloaded everything and by the time I bought my last studio album (October) I've already listened to everything a thousand times! But I'll tell you, no matter how many times you've heard it; when you're tearing the plastic off; putting the cd to play and listening to it...
when it comes to U2 I learned that it's always an "event". :heart:

Oh, The Rising and Magic are amazing and I'm really liking this new album. Beautiful songs indeed.

Stand up Comedy...why did they add Comedy? I hate that title

Fez - Being Born weird I know where Fez is and they did start in Morocco so I guess that has something to do with it

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - IGCIIDGCT too damn long

I think Stand Up Comedy is a great title

I really love the cover, absolutely delighted that they aren't on the cover again.
Over the moon that the first single isn't the first track either.
Very very happy. My only downer is that there are just 11 tracks, but hopefully that means there is another album on its way....
I'm extremely excited and very hopeful!!

Absolutely. Much better than Stand Up. Adds a certain (self) irony. Great title. :up:

Hmmm... yeah, now that I'm thinking about it this title fits amazingly well those lyrics: "Be careful of small men with big ideas" It's pretty clear that Bono is talking about himself here. And is very ironic with the lyrics: "Stand up for rockstars."

I think it would be cool if it was just Bono doing a spoken word song (like Numb) with music in the background and telling jokes like a stand up comedian.

:lol:
You're being sarcastic right?
:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom