Official Cricket Thread Part 99.94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, emotional stuff from Martin Crowe. I'd recommend reading this interview with McCullum, too, it's refreshingly deep, and not just "it was good to get a big score and help the team" bullshit.

"No tear in the eye. I'm from South Dunedin." 'I feel a little bit embarrassed'

Yeah that's a quality interview. Love the South Dunedin quote. :lol:

Hahaha that Zaltzman one is great, especially the comments about England having their best week.

I'm really liking NZ cricket as a whole at the moment.

Course, they'd be rolled for 9 in the face of Mitch, but for now let's let 'em enjoy it.

I really want an Australia vs New Zealand match - of any format - now just to see how much we've improved. Are we as good as the team of 2000-02 that could frequently defeat Australia? I don't think that's going to be the case until we sort out our openers (you can offload some of your surfeit of openers to us if you like) and find a replacement for Vettori. Sodhi hopefully will fill that role but he's a work in progress at present.

Got a serious game on in Port Elizabeth! Come on South Africa. I'd love for the series to come down to the wire on the final day of the third Test.

Looks like Amla played one hell of a knock overnight. This Test is probably out of Australia's reach now...

Holy shit did South Africa come back in style! What destruction. I love the commentary on Cricinfo; they can't stop gushing about what a Test it was. Can't wait for the decider.

Kills me not having foxtel in Brunswick. Apparently Steyn bowled a spell for the ages. Good, I was starting to worry he'd lost a bit of his venom. Pretty fucking pathetic that we crashed from 0/120 to all out 2whatever.

Ugh just when you think cricket's safe from Twatto.

Australia's made it to 100 for the loss of only one wicket. Not a bad start in their attempt to banish bad memories of Newlands.

Been a great start from Australia. I agree that Marsh should have been dropped instead of Doolan - he still has potential (although I think Hughes should be in there, and Doolan should be told to score a bucketload of first-class runs to push Silk and Lynn for Rogers spot when he retires or is pushed).

Watson had to come back. As much as I hate the bloke, and think he is a disgrace to the baggy green in both action and performance, we need another seamer as Siddle and Harris have been impotent for a while. Johnson's heroics have completely papered over the deficiencies of the other seamers. Siddle had to go, bowling high 120s without moving the ball doesn't cut it against the world's best. Pattinson isn't the answer, he did nothing to get himself on the plane. Bird would have been a good option, especially if swing is expected to play a part again.

That's brilliant, probably one of the most exciting recent developments in cricket.

Really hope Afghanistan pull an Ireland and tear it up at next year's World Cup. Though I hope that if they claim a big scalp, it's not New Zealand. :wink:

I'd say we're fine for pace, but spin in the wake of Daniel Vettori becoming a geezer is a problem. A good opener would help. Care to loan us one?

Big, big knock by Clarke, agreed. Hope Twatto gets knocked over in a hurry.

Well, safe to say Clarke's not playing for a draw, and the declaration appears to be paying off so far. Gutted Amla just got dismissed.

4 fa is a huge effort for the first session - Aus were 3 down overnight after day 1. This day 3 pitch doesn't look too bad either. Clarke needs ot be brave and enforce the follow-on if he gets a chance - risk batting last for glory.

Again, distraught I'm missing it. Supposedly Ryano delivered a couple of overs for the ages. Read on twitter Faf nicked one and we didn't review. He's having knee surgery after this Test.

Meanwhile Boof Lehmann put it bluntly - "Sids has to bowl faster"

Really surprised Clarke didn't enforce the follow-on.

South Africa's fucked though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom