Official Cricket Thread Part 99.94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see Twatto nearly ran out Warner on 99. What a fucking dumbarse. Warner may not exactly be a top bloke, but at least he is a talented cricketer, which is more than Sir Twatsalot can say.

So the big question today is - how long can de Villiers and du Plessis stonewall for? We know they have few equals on that front. Are we in for a series-saving epic, or will the Aussie pacemen rip through the defences?

Here's Afridi's blitz in full. Check out them poor girls crying (literally) in the stands when Afridi's dropped at the 10:40 minute mark. Hahaa, there's a reason they say cricket is a religion in the subcontinent!

Shahid Afridi Full Batting - Pakistan vs Bangladesh 2014 Asia Cup - YouTube

Holy shit that's just incredible. Can't believe the boundary ropes are so far in on what's already not a large ground, but never mind that - what a masterclass from Afridi. I kind of feel bad for Bangladesh though; they've been struggling along for so long and I'd like to see them make some big strides forward soon.

And yeah, no kidding about that crowd!

At the close of day four in Adelaide they were 4/77 with du Plessis and de Villiers at the crease, but had Kallis to come. This time they've got du Plessis and Duminy as recognised batsmen in the sheds to come.

No way South Africa survives. In Adelaide we were down a bowler with Pattinson breaking down, and Watson wasn't playing, so our only pacemen were Hilfenhaus and Siddle. This time we've got a red-hot Johnson, Harris, Pattinson and Watson, as well as Lyon and Smith. Won't be easy, but I definitely think we'll win.

So the big question today is - how long can de Villiers and du Plessis stonewall for? We know they have few equals on that front. Are we in for a series-saving epic, or will the Aussie pacemen rip through the defences?

Holy shit that's just incredible. Can't believe the boundary ropes are so far in on what's already not a large ground, but never mind that - what a masterclass from Afridi. I kind of feel bad for Bangladesh though; they've been struggling along for so long and I'd like to see them make some big strides forward soon.

And yeah, no kidding about that crowd!

Yea I felt bad for Bangladesh too. Should be a good final now, though.

As for SA, I honestly can't see them saving this series now. Maybe if Amla was still there at the close of play yesterday, but the bottom 6 against this Aussie attack on the final day....na.

Can't wait for the T20!

Well, Faf's out there now with de Villiers, so let's see just how spectacularly they can stonewall. So far de Villiers has faced 214 balls... and scored just 39. It's currently the ninth-lowest strike rate for any innings of 200+ balls. Safe to say South Africa's under no illusions they can possibly win this.

Good god, and with only 27 balls left to play! Poor Philander put in a mighty effort and got left stranded.

Love this quote from Harris: "That out there was proper Test-match cricket. That was bloody hard."

I reckon if you asked cricketers worldwide of the position they would least like to be in, I'd say it would be bowling first against Pakistan with the Pakis 4-157 and Umar Akmal 76 off 43 and Afridi at the crease with 20 odd balls to go.

Well we fucked it up. :lol: Awesome.

Interesting discussion going on on twitter right now... why is 'Paki' deemed offensive but we all use 'Windies'? I know that in some circles 'Paki' is the equivalent of 'Abo', which I learnt a few years ago to never ever use, but how did that come to be?

Wow, sounds like a great game. Wish I'd stayed up but I was exhausted after a couple of gigs on the weekend so I went to bed really early. Even better: looks like Watson was shit too.

And let's not forget New Zealand beat England. :up: Never mind that it was by Duckworth-Lewis.

Well we fucked it up. :lol: Awesome.

Interesting discussion going on on twitter right now... why is 'Paki' deemed offensive but we all use 'Windies'? I know that in some circles 'Paki' is the equivalent of 'Abo', which I learnt a few years ago to never ever use, but how did that come to be?

Well, "Paki" has wide racially-charged use outside of cricket, while "Windies" has literally no use except as an abbreviation for a multi-national cricket team. Have you ever seen somebody called a "Windian"? Didn't think so. Hell, people from that region are usually said to be from the Caribbean or their specific country rather than from the West Indies anyway.

"Windies" is more of a nickname for a representative team that doesn't represent a real country or state, just a vague and unofficial region of sorts.

Gutted the Black Caps fell just short against South Africa - especially as we needed only seven runs to win off the final over - but holy fucking shit did you people see Anderson's caught-and-bowled dismissal of Amla?!

Amla smashed the ball straight down the ground, but it hit the bat of Duminy (who was jumping out of the way) on the way through. Duminy had the bat knocked right out of his hand while the ball shot straight up in the air, and Anderson took the catch. Talk about staggeringly unlucky.

Nah I prefer Anderson's because you've got the caught-and-bowled aspect, but that one is pretty ridiculous/hilarious as well.

Netherlands need 80 off 87 against South Africa with nine wickets in hand! Go Holland!

Woah, go Holland indeed! Wish I could stay up to watch. If they somehow win it would be the upset of the century.

"Netherlands require another 28 runs with 4 wickets and 39 balls remaining"

Yeah, seems like we're choking
Never thought we'd even get this close against SA though

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom