Official Cricket Thread Part 99.94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I go out for afternoon tea and the entire team tries to run itself out? Fucking hell. This reminds me of the New Zealand of old!

Thank god Boult whacked a couple of sixes there at the end to help make the target respectable.

This isn't looking good for New Zealand right now. Hope Sri Lanka implode the same way the Black Caps did.

It's a 7 match ODI series anyway, I wouldn't be too fussed if Sri Lanka won today if I were you. It always feels like Sri Lanka are the perpetually underrated team.

I know, but this sort of baffling stumble is the sort of thing we need to put behind us. We can't do it in a month. I hope if nothing else it will be a valuable learning experience. At the end of the day, we need to be able to win enough games to make the quarters, and then win three in a row. I want to dream, but to do it we've got to be better than we've ever been and not fall into the usual behaviour - i.e. nothing else like today's display.

I don't think the run outs are too much of a massive problem, 4 run outs in an innings aren't common and you didn't seem to have the same problem in recent matches from what I can remember. I think the bigger issue is getting an opener who will regularly stick around with McCullum, and in both ODIs and tests one opener seems to be the weak link. Guptill seems unsure of himself and his dismissal today kind of showed that.

I don't think the run outs are too much of a massive problem, 4 run outs in an innings aren't common and you didn't seem to have the same problem in recent matches from what I can remember. I think the bigger issue is getting an opener who will regularly stick around with McCullum, and in both ODIs and tests one opener seems to be the weak link. Guptill seems unsure of himself and his dismissal today kind of showed that.

It's not the runouts specifically, but the panic, the collapse, and the inconsistency. Inconsistency - both from game to game and within a game - has been our curse for as long as I can remember.

But yeah I agree we need greater batting strength right at the start. I'll take Guptill over Latham though. Latham's ODI stats are nothing on his Test stats.

Poor Latham looks like he's barely out of high school. I'd definitely persist with him even though his form back home recently has been average.

Taylor in bad form too.
Nz playing far too many warm up games. Bazza needs a rest too before the World Cup.

Next one is on Saturday. Hoowfully better showing.

Was funny seeing Vettori batting at 5

Chris Lynn going ballistic for Brisbane tonight - scored the equal fastest fifty in BBL history.

I do always find it amusing that for a lot of Indian batsmen (inc. Kohli), their ODI averages are noticeably higher than their test averages.

Nah, his test average is 46.30, ODI average is 52.61 ... and that's after the centuries he hit in the test series. He has 21 fucking ODI hundreds already.

Yeah I got a chuckle out of Lee's retirement, but let's give the man his due. I'm impressed he was still firing them down this season in any form at his age. Blokes ten years younger wish they could bowl that fast.

And totally agree that Kohli will be an all time great. Impressive cricketer.

Meanwhile, Hobart wilting in Brisbane.

England are a disgrace, an absolute rabble. You have to be shit to be taken out 1st fucking ball in the 1st fucking ODI and to Starc.

Oh god. I think it's better for everyone that England are barred from the WC.

I have to say I like David Lloyd's commentary though, however most likely he'll be brought down to the level of Brayshaw and Slats.

England will struggle to collectively make a half century. It's baffling that they have made virtually no positive progress since the last Ashes.

Seriously, two wickets in the first three balls, now 4/34 - you could barely have a worse start, not only to a game but to a series. This is humiliation, plain and simple.

To think England won the toss too!

Oh my god did you guys see the wide Cummins just bowled? Straight to the slips without bouncing. That's going to get replayed almost as many times as Maxwell's recent T20 brainfade. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom