Official Cricket Thread Part 237

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just following the example set by Clarke after his great speech at Hughes funeral about the spirit of cricket. Aussies haven't changed one bit. It's as though Hughes never died.

I see Haddin sledged NZ as they were too nice to Aus in Auckland. What a joke.

Yeah I say some things in the heat of the moment. But I don't mean them..except when towards Warner, Haddin and Biff (Faulkner)

Aussies deserved to win. They will always be too good. Shame most of the players have to be dickheads though

WTF does any of this actually mean?

Following the example set by Clarke at Hughes' funeral? You've cracked, mate.

The fact that you haven't just come out and shown contrition shows you are a bog-standard human being.

Seriously, have some fucking tissues - sledging is part of the game, and if anyone thinks the Kiwis don't do it, or if they think that not doing makes you superior, you are delusional. It is painfully disappointing that some (not all) of the people supporting New Zealand are taking the gloss of a monumental World Cup performance by resorting to whinging and throwing the toys out of the cot.

I was being sarky about Hughes speech. What he said was all talk as he hasn't lived up to it himself or with his team.

NZ were great. No doubting that. Aus were good. But being good is enough for them as they are way above the rest.

It's not just the send offs and sledging. The Aussies have no class. Could have shown some respect to Vettori in his last game.

ANZAC spirit my arse. Aussies would have used the Kiwis as human shields if they could.

You say all of these things with no evidence or conception of reality. In what way did they show him no respect? In what way do they think they are better than everyone else? Sure, they have players I hate because of their attitude, but for fuck's sake, telling players to drown in the shower, or for bowlers to bowl at player's temples just because you seemingly don't like them, or create this fiction about them as a whole is sad. Really fucking sad.

If you ever go to a sporting event you hear worse things said in the stands. People spout off. This is the web. It isn't real life. I wouldn't shout these things out for real. I get wound up and say these things. I don't like most of the Aussie players. Frustrations build and shit is spoken. But as I said, no time for Warner, Biff or Haddin.

Steve Smith is actually ok. Think most annoying thing from him is his super loud calling

Maybe I don't get the Aussies and Aussie culture. I like the place, but haven't lived there.
Maybe all Aussies are hard wired like Yanks.

NZ is more like UK, more reserved

I would contend that calling for deaths of players (even if it is only on the internet) is far worse than anything any of the Australian cricketers did, and it makes you a worse person. Period.

Aussies more hard wired than Poms? You must truly be as crazy as you seem...

Anyways I'll leave you in peace.

This was a great world cup. The best I can remember. 1996 was my first.

Cricket down time now till the next tests.

I am a POM. Some are good some are bad. Same with Kiwis
I like a lot of Aussie no nonsense traits, but they cross the line a bit sometimes.

Well don't be like it online either, it's fucking annoying and detracts from a great thread.

West Indies/Ashes squad - Michael Clarke (c), Steve Smith (vc), Fawad Ahmed, Brad Haddin, Ryan Harris (Ashes only), Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Peter Nevill, Chris Rogers, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Adam Voges, David Warner, Shane Watson

Australia A tour of India squad (four-day) - Usman Khawaja (c), Matthew Wade (vc), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Joe Burns, Patrick Cummins, Andrew Fekete, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell, Stephen O'Keefe, Gurinder Sandhu, Marcus Stoinis

Australia A tour of India squad (one-day) - Usman Khawaja (c), Matthew Wade (vc), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Cameron Boyce, Joe Burns, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Patrick Cummins, Callum Ferguson, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Chris Lynn, Gurinder Sandhu, Adam Zampa

I've said multiple times in the past that sledging is a part of sport, but I do think there's a case to be made that the spirit in which New Zealand vs South Africa was played was clearly superior to that of Australia vs India or Australia vs New Zealand.

Also can I just point out the hilarity of saying the Internet isn't "real life" when it basically penetrates every aspect of daily life nowadays?

I say Internet isn't real life as most of the stuff on the web is written by idiots (like me). The Internet gives idiots a voice. We hide behind fake names and talk drivel. In real life if you saw me if be very polite and friendly. I'd be sacked if I had no filter!

Anyways. Great to see NZ get a great welcome at Auckland Airport. I see Greg Baum in the Melbourne Age had a go at the Aussies. Saying they are winners, but not champions as they have no class.

Sir Vettori has confirmed he's quitting NZ. Great career is over. He'll be a top coach one day.

It feels like Voges has been around for ages. I still remember back when it was called the ING Cup, and he went berserk one day and hit the ING sign which scored the player a few ten thousand $$$ if I recall correctly.

Voges never made the leap in shorter forms - burns played magnificently in Sydney. To miss the squad altogether is criminal

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Averaged over 100 in Shield this summer. Deserves it. Burns is in the A squad and obviously still part of our future.

I hope that is the first step towards this headline in 2025: Vettori announced as Black Caps coach; Kane Williamson committed to leading Black Caps to World Cup title defence in 2027.

NZ cricket awards last night had good long interview with Martin Crowe. Great to watch. He was in a good mood and told lots of stories of his playing days. Reduced Vettori to tears when he said Dan has set the benchmark for greatness for NZ.

Don't know if it's on net anywhere.

No no no no no no no.

(Can't find anything in the news yet...?)

First Greig, now Benaud - listening to these distinct, passionate voices made cricket commentary something pretty unique.

Now we're left with Slater, Healy and Taylor babbling about in between cross-promoting - all are awful on the ear. Nine ruined Slater.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Back
Top Bottom