Official Cricket Thread Part 237

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What happens after this match in NZ? Does cricket quietly disappear in favour of rugby again? Or will making the final still have invigorated the public enough that cricket stays in the frame for a fair while popularity wise?

What happens after this match in NZ? Does cricket quietly disappear in favour of rugby again? Or will making the final still have invigorated the public enough that cricket stays in the frame for a fair while popularity wise?

The 2015 cup didn't happen. What cup?

I'm stoked that Matt Henry's got a wicket. :up:

Now if we can dislodge Smith, we might still have some faint hope...

Oh goddamnit, Smith survives the ball rolling into the stumps.

Could fire a gun in this thread. New Zealand played their Grand Final against South Africa it seems, nothing going there way.

Vintage knock by Pup.

What an anticlimax. I wanted NZ to win. Australia have plenty already and I don't like some of these blokes much.

Aside from the epic semi between New Zealand and South Africa, the knockout stage hasn't really delivered. Quite similar to the World Cup in Brazil 2014 in the sense that the group stage was superior to the knockout stage.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Reading lots of complaining about Haddin sending Guptil off... It's about as tired and pathetic as the stuff about the small grounds. It's all part of cricket, especially in the final of the World Cup. Taking the higher ground and not sledging (as if!) doesn't make one superior, it's puts one behind the game.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Die Aussies die!
Fucking hate Smith. Aim for his temple

Fuck off Warner. Drown in the shower
Beamer to Clarkes throat now please

My god you say some heinous shit. Like, I get emotion and passion, but fuck me this is just beyond reasonable.

After the Phil Hughes stuff, should we really actually be saying things about people dying and aiming at temples?

I'm disappointed we didn't play at our full potential today, but I'm still so proud of everything this team has achieved and they will always be champions to me. Our style of play and our incredible results have sustained me in this shitty month. I never thought I would see a New Zealand cricket team perform like this or get so far. They've done New Zealand proud, and I'm sure they will get a heroes' welcome when they return home despite not bringing any silverware back.

I hope we keep getting better. If we can improve on this, then we'll be in with a real shot come 2019.

The inexperience of much of the current team would have to be a positive for the coming years. Only really players like Elliot, Vettori (age) and Ronchi (is fairly replaceable if in poor form) are certainties or close to certainties to be gone.

Yeah, I've said before I think such comments really cross the line.

I used to defend MadForIt quite a bit but not after those Hughes comments and now these. Just pathetic. We don't want that shit in here, piss off.

Reading lots of complaining about Haddin sending Guptil off... It's about as tired and pathetic as the stuff about the small grounds. It's all part of cricket, especially in the final of the World Cup. Taking the higher ground and not sledging (as if!) doesn't make one superior, it's puts one behind the game.

Agreed. The Aussies have certainly crossed the line at times but Haddin's sendoff was not one such occasion. The sendoff for Elliott was more irksome to me, but he also played a poor shot like many of his fellow batsmen.

Still can't wrap my head around McCullum's approach to the game. The tone was set from that point.

Bring on WI and the Ashes.

We should've known things would go badly after he won the toss. BMac never wins the toss!

I was just following the example set by Clarke after his great speech at Hughes funeral about the spirit of cricket. Aussies haven't changed one bit. It's as though Hughes never died.

I see Haddin sledged NZ as they were too nice to Aus in Auckland. What a joke.

Yeah I say some things in the heat of the moment. But I don't mean them..except when towards Warner, Haddin and Biff (Faulkner)

Aussies deserved to win. They will always be too good. Shame most of the players have to be dickheads though

Back
Top Bottom