Oct 23- What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also...a comment on the MGM. The hotel is split into 4 towers and not every elevator visits every tower or floor, so that can be confusing in and of itself. ALSO....when we stayed there the wait for elevators was like a long long wait at a slow loading ride, it took FOREVER!

Thanks for the warning :up:
Are there stairs? I'll need the exercise after my time at the buffet (although I hear the MGM's buffet isn't as good as many others)

Perhaps stupid question for most of you but since Vegas is slightly east of Calif., I just want to ensure it's on the same time zone? IE 10am local time to Vegas is 1pm EST? Of course, I could always google it :doh:

LV is in the Pacific Time Zone.

Haven't tried the buffet, but the Studio Cafe at MGM has always been very good. America (the cafe) across the street at NYNY is also a good place.

I suppose we shouldn't get too deep into restaurant recommendations in Vegas because it could be not only its own thread; it could be its own Forum.

Mark

The Grand Wok at MGM is one of my favorite places to eat in town.

At NYNY, there's an Irish pub called Nine Fine Irishmen that I've taken several Interferencers to when they've come for a visit.

If there's any kind of group dinner the weekend of the show, it should definitely be held there.

Where is everyone staying? any recomemdations? has this already been discussed?:sexywink: sorry if it has...never been to Vegas so any help will be appreciated!

I would suggest reading this thread a few pages back.

I posted some info about the area around the stadium and pictures of one of the hotels close to the stadium that several people are considering booking rooms at.

Hi there everyone!
I am still doing the Vegas debate. I am about 90 % sure I will be doing it. I have the days off, (Oct 22 - 30 for my holidays) already got tickets for Vancouver :hyper:
The Vegas show is on my birthday so I am thinking nice present to myself.

Thanks for the info Beegee and Mark! :up:

I have a guidebook on Las Vegas but it's from 2000 so I imagine a lot has changed.

I like the idea of a group dinner that weekend - then we can all come up to my room for a hottub party! :drool: :wink:

I think this is really shitty of U2.com and LiveNation or whoever else is involved not sending emails out like they did for every other Presale. Here is is minutes from Monday April 13 and the Presale is supposed to go down April 14. Good job guys :down::doh:

I think this is really shitty of U2.com and LiveNation or whoever else is involved not sending emails out like they did for every other Presale. Here is is minutes from Monday April 13 and the Presale is supposed to go down April 14. Good job guys :down::doh:

U2.com sent out every other email for the presales the night before the presale. Why would u2.com send out these emails earlier?

Honestly, worse than not having the email, which we didn't have until the night before any presale anyway, is the fact that there are three shows that don't even have complete TM pages set up yet. 2 or the 4 shows I am trying to buy tickets for don't even have a TM page yet.

Thiis what TM has regarding the presales: http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/736365/mtou?ac_link=u209_ht
U2.COM PRESALE SCHEDULE :

U2.com Horizon Members
Presale Begins: Tuesday prior to public onsale at 10AM (local time to venue)
Presale Ends: Thursday prior to public onsale at 5PM (local time to venue)

U2.com Breathe Members
Presale Begins: Wednesday prior to public onsale at 10AM EDT; 9AM CDT; 8AM MDT; 7AM MST/PDT

U2.com Boots Members
Presale Begins: Wednesday prior to public onsale at 6PM EDT; 5PM CDT; 4PM MDT; 3PM MST/PDT

U2.com New Members (Purchase new membership & tickets)
See membership details below under "U2.com Presale - New Memberships"
Presale Begins: Thursday prior to public onsale at 10AM (local time to venue)

EDT: Eastern Daylight Time
CDT: Central Daylight Time
MDT: Mountain Daylight Time
MST/PDT: Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Time

Last edited:
Why does Vegas on TM say "currently not on sale" while the others say "presale begins:Tue, 04/14/09 10:00 AM"

Why does Vegas on TM say "currently not on sale" while the others say "presale begins:Tue, 04/14/09 10:00 AM"

Don't know, but this Vegas sale is very stressful. I noticed that on the UNLV site there is a place to put in a presale code, but I'll be surprised if they actually have the presale through that site.

My bet is that it's just a bit more complicated to setup this presale since UNLV doesn't usually work with TM. Hopefully, by later on today it will be more clear.

Last edited:
The Grand Wok at MGM is one of my favorite places to eat in town.
I love this place.

At NYNY, there's an Irish pub called Nine Fine Irishmen that I've taken several Interferencers to when they've come for a visit.

If there's any kind of group dinner the weekend of the show, it should definitely be held there.
I don't have any pics from this. That was fun. :)

U2.COM PRESALE SCHEDULE :

U2.com Boots Members
Presale Begins: Wednesday prior to public onsale at 6PM EDT; 5PM CDT; 4PM MDT; 3PM MST/PDT

U2.com New Members (Purchase new membership & tickets)
See membership details below under "U2.com Presale - New Memberships"
Presale Begins: Thursday prior to public onsale at 10AM (local time to venue)

How do I know if I'm a "Boots" member or a "New" member? :confused: I signed up after the general on-sale for the Rose Bowl. My code starts with U2C, so does that mean I'm "Boots"?

How do I know if I'm a "Boots" member or a "New" member? :confused: I signed up after the general on-sale for the Rose Bowl. My code starts with U2C, so does that mean I'm "Boots"?

You're Boots. New memberships are those that are last in line in the presale, and can buy presale tix if they add on $50 for U2.com membership - through Ticketmaster. They don't even get a presale code.

Don't know about anybody else but I'm getting very nervous for this presale! There are so many unknowns, such as who we will actually be going thru to purchase the ticket.

I don't have any pics from this. That was fun. :)

Oh, wow. I was talking about people who have come to visit me specifically but you're right - a big group of us ate there before one of the Vertigo shows, didn't we? We had an outdoor table, I sat next to Jeff. I had totally forgotten about that!

Don't know about anybody else but I'm getting very nervous for this presale! There are so many unknowns, such as who we will actually be going thru to purchase the ticket.

Hi Beverly, I'm quite nervous too! Trying to decide if I should try for the new membership + tickets presale on Thursday or just wait for the general sale on Saturday. :crazy: Did you ever get your Chicago ticket? I hope so! :hug:

Don't know, but this Vegas sale is very stressful. I noticed that on the UNLV site there is a place to put in a presale code, but I'll be surprised if they actually have the presale through that site.

My bet is that it's just a bit more complicated to setup this presale since UNLV doesn't usually work with TM. Hopefully, by later on today it will be more clear.

yeah, but i just clicked on it and it wasn't for a specific show/event. i guess that's where you can enter it. but i was logged into my unlv account and it told me that i had no sales coming up with a presale password!!!!! :lol::banghead::banghead:

yeah, but i just clicked on it and it wasn't for a specific show/event. i guess that's where you can enter it. but i was logged into my unlv account and it told me that i had no sales coming up with a presale password!!!!! :lol::banghead::banghead:

They've posted the link on u2.com. It's not through ticketmaster. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom