NY2 Rescheduled!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh it's the Jets that play 9-20? Still, it could mess up Wednesday. I am really worried about that. Last thing I want is to arrive in Jersey Wednesday and find out the show is canceled all together cause the Claw isn't finished. You know, like how the Jets game will be canceled on the 27th

SMB

I would not be surprised if we hear in the upcoming weeks there is a big party/benefit/political gathering etc. the night of the 25th that Bono will be attending.

Like maybe the G20 summit in Pittsburgh. I was thinking months ago that Bono may be here (my hometown) for it but when I checked the tour schedule I saw that he'd be in the NY/NJ area for the GS shows. :hmm:

Like maybe the G20 summit in Pittsburgh. I was thinking months ago that Bono may be here (my hometown) for it but when I checked the tour schedule I saw that he'd be in the NY/NJ area for the GS shows. :hmm:

You know what - I am sure that is it. If Obama is going to be in Pittsburgh on the 25th - I am sure Bono will be attending.

I would actually put some serious fucking money on the fact that he attends this that day rather than stay in NJ.

Conspiracy Theory - yes, but it makes sense.

"Welcome to the 2009 G-20 Pittsburgh Summit Press Room. On September 24th and 25th, the world's financial representatives and leaders will come together to discuss economic policies and address the global financial crisis in Pittsburgh. Journalists from around the world are invited to learn more about Pittsburgh's economic and environmental transformation on this site. A host of press materials, media contacts, resources and key links are available. Look for continual updates between now and the G-20 Pittsburgh Summit. "

The more I think about it and keep reading the difference is 3 hours, the more I think there is something else going on here.

You could easily throw more bodies at the situation and make it happen (union or not people could just pick up the trash.)

If the Jets announced this change months ago the fault lies squarely on Principal Management.

I would not be surprised if we hear in the upcoming weeks there is a big party/benefit/political gathering etc. the night of the 25th that Bono will be attending.

This whole thing sound fishy and sounds like something a tour of this magnitude would have reconciled long ago.

3 hours?

Really?

I think they are either being overly cautious, or something else is going on here.

Here's an even better idea - LEAVE THE FUCKING CLAW UP FOR THE GAME - let the damn Jets play around it.

I mean this whole thing is frustrating and the most frustrating part is that this is all happening for the Jets. I mean, the Jets.

Really?

Sucks.

:down:

If Bono does end up attending something on the 25th, i am sure it is out of convenience and not the reason for this change. And I don't have blinders on, I think the fuck up is probably U2/Live Nation mgmt's fault. And I think it is a disgrace that this change was made a month before the show after hundreds if not thousands have made travel plans.

"Welcome to the 2009 G-20 Pittsburgh Summit Press Room. On September 24th and 25th, the world's financial representatives and leaders will come together to discuss economic policies and address the global financial crisis in Pittsburgh. Journalists from around the world are invited to learn more about Pittsburgh's economic and environmental transformation on this site. A host of press materials, media contacts, resources and key links are available. Look for continual updates between now and the G-20 Pittsburgh Summit. "

Pittsburgh????? :yikes: :wink:

The CGI is usually going on in NYC that week too. Bono was there last year, but it takes place in the morning and mid afternoon

Of course it's all Bono's fault. I'm actually surprised it took us so long to come to this conclusion.

As far as I know, Bono hasn't been very politically active for this tour. Has he been to the G8 summit when in Italy? Have any of the concerts in Milano been postponed because he was going? Um, no. So I guess we'll better reserve judgement. I'm sure U2 won't rearrange a concert date because Bono suddenly decides to go to some summit. I actually think that a lot of you people here are very unfair. But I understand that it's because you're angry about the situation. I would be, too.

But other bands cancel and postpone concerts all the time, sometimes only days before they're scheduled to take place. It's one show. It sucks for those going, but I still think we should keep some reasonable perspective here.

If Bono does end up attending something on the 25th, i am sure it is out of convenience and not the reason for this change. And I don't have blinders on, I think the fuck up is probably U2/Live Nation mgmt's fault. And I think it is a disgrace that this change was made a month before the show after hundreds if not thousands have made travel plans.

agreed. I really don't think that the band would change a show less than a month beforehand just so that Bono can go shake hands with various political leaders. Does anyone really think that Larry would agree to that?? :wink:

I do think there's more to the story than we've been told-- and I do think that U2's management is (at least partially) to blame. Hopefully there will be more of an explanation given sometime soon. In the meantime, I am still happy that the band rescheduled rather than cancelled-- and I hope those who have been inconvenienced are able to get a full refund and/or rearrange their plans to make it on 9/23.

Of course it's all Bono's fault. I'm actually surprised it took us so long to come to this conclusion.

As far as I know, Bono hasn't been very politically active for this tour. Has he been to the G8 summit when in Italy? Have any of the concerts in Milano been postponed because he was going? Um, no. So I guess we'll better reserve judgement. I'm sure U2 won't rearrange a concert date because Bono suddenly decides to go to some summit. I actually think that a lot of you people here are very unfair. But I understand that it's because you're angry about the situation. I would be, too.

But other bands cancel and postpone concerts all the time, sometimes only days before they're scheduled to take place. It's one show. It sucks for those going, but I still think we should keep some reasonable perspective here.

I, too, don't have any reason to think the show is being rescheduled to accommodate a political rally or event. I mean come on, none of the band would stand for that. Bono wouldn't even do it.

Secondly, I hold U2 to a higher standard than most artists. I'm sorry but I just do. They've always done right by their fans (other than one or two instances like the ticket fuckup on the last tour) and I have never thought any of that was intentional. I just don't know about this latest situation. It reeks of a rat.

agreed. I really don't think that the band would change a show less than a month beforehand just so that Bono can go shake hands with various political leaders. Does anyone really think that Larry would agree to that?? :wink:

I do think there's more to the story than we've been told-- and I do think that U2's management is (at least partially) to blame. Hopefully there will be more of an explanation given sometime soon. In the meantime, I am still happy that the band rescheduled rather than cancelled-- and I hope those who have been inconvenienced are able to get a full refund and/or rearrange their plans to make it on 9/23.

Get out of my brain, now! :D

Some of you people crack me up...

You honestly think U2 would risk lower turn out, pissed off fans, and in New York none the less for a party or another event?

That would be the dumbest risk of their careers.

did you win tickets to the VMAs?? I registered and haven't heard anything yet.

Not to the VMAs, but to Muse's remote location where they'll tape their performance and then do a full set for their fans in attendance. Muse had a code and link on their facebook page on Wednesday and I got my ticket confirmation on Thursday along with a bunch of other people in the NYC area.

Not to the VMAs, but to Muse's remote location where they'll tape their performance and then do a full set for their fans in attendance. Muse had a code and link on their facebook page on Wednesday and I got my ticket confirmation on Thursday along with a bunch of other people in the NYC area.

damn it.. that's what i registered for too.. :mad: i didn't get them.. even registered for them the same day you did..

congrats to you tho!

question tho.. was this only for people who lived in nyc area or could anyone enter?

damn it.. that's what i registered for too.. :mad: i didn't get them.. even registered for them the same day you did..

congrats to you tho!

question tho.. was this only for people who lived in nyc area or could anyone enter?

I think anyone can enter, but from what I read in the Muse forums, only people who live in the NYC area have actually been getting tickets. The furthest away I've seen someone get tickets from was Western PA..

I think anyone can enter, but from what I read in the Muse forums, only people who live in the NYC area have actually been getting tickets. The furthest away I've seen someone get tickets from was Western PA..

oh i see.. sux tho for us.. Im in Maryland so I could get there in a few hrs.:sad:

update: looks like others are getting tix that live like in PA, Chicago etc... So there is still hope. People are getting the emails today still. I was on muselive site and saw this.

btw, did you have to submit a picture of yourself?

oh i see.. sux tho for us.. Im in Maryland so I could get there in a few hrs.:sad:

update: looks like others are getting tix that live like in PA, Chicago etc... So there is still hope. People are getting the emails today still. I was on muselive site and saw this.

btw, did you have to submit a picture of yourself?

There is still hope for you then!

No, I didn't submit a picture or any kind of physical description.

on a somewhat related note, i can't imagine how Oasis fans must feel (esp those at the Paris show!!)...

Noel Gallagher Says He’s Leaving Oasis

Compiled by DAVE ITZKOFF
Published: August 28, 2009
Noel Gallagher, the lead guitarist of the British rock band Oasis, says he’s leaving the band because he can’t work “a day longer” with his brother Liam, The Associated Press reported. A statement from Noel Gallagher, left, on the band’s Web site (oasisinet.com) says he is leaving the group, which was formed in 1991, “with some sadness and great relief.” Oasis was scheduled to play a festival in Paris on Friday but did not appear onstage. A message flashed to the crowd said, “As a result of an altercation within the band, the Oasis gig has been canceled.”

Hopefully Oasis fans feel relieved that they're not subjected to follow the world's most popular Beatles tribute band. :wink:

I just found about this... man lucky I got to a U2 message board as no email got to me. There's going to be lots of people that miss the show all together. I mean, average people don't think about shows being moved around and it's not being moved to Saturday, but ahead of first show making it even more confusing.

I have tickets to both nights -- I was thinking of selling Fri tickets though as not great seats and I'm seeing both shows in Boston, so 4 shows in 5 days seems too much now... not that it was any smarter when it was 4 shows in 6 days but those two days off seemed more sane.

Anyway -- this is just a mess.

Why didn't they just bump the show up a couple hours?

McGuiness may have thought the CLAW crew could strike down the stage faster than schedule with practice in Europe - and no time improvement could be made.

How many people making those comments are actually going to this show?

I am and I stand by my feeling that something is not Kosher.

:doh:

I simply cannot see the logic behind changing the date of a show for over 80,000 people because of a window of 3 hours.

Either they need something like 8 or 10 hours realistically, or there is something else going on.

i blame the One Campaign for all of this. Bono's humanitarian efforts have gone too far.

Back
Top Bottom