NY2 Rescheduled!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just trying to make the point...America gets at least 2 legs of shows every tour. You guys are very lucky up there! God forbid if one show gets moved to an earlier date though...geez

Just trying to make the point...America gets at least 2 legs of shows every tour. You guys are very lucky up there! God forbid if one show gets moved to an earlier date though...geez

Do you really think that people that booked flights, hotel, etc, don't have a right to be a little frustrated? If so, you're being wildly unrealistic. You never complain? Come on......

It sucks, but U2 could have pulled the plug on the whole show entirely instead of rescheduling.

Too bad for those that can't go now. I guess the game is the priority at the Jets stadium.

Still, people would be even more angry if this show got canceled alltogether.

I'm hearing a lot of whining americans...Australia had it on a much larger scale with the whole leg having to be rescheduled, not to mention months later, back in 2006!

Yeah, a lot of North Americans got screwed over by the rescheduled Hawaii show, too, Tommy.

This whole thing reeks of U2 management at its amateurish worst. Unless the Jets forgot to notify Principle about this two months ago, there is no excuse for this type of fuckup.

U2, Inc. know that thousands of their fans spend a hell of a lot of money travelling all over the world to see the lads, so any deviation in the tour schedule at this late date due to simple oversight is cause for righteous anger by fans that will lose big on this.

Of course it's easy to blame U2, but I don't think they'd have waited for so long if they really knew early enough. Certainly someone fucked up, and I don't think U2 or the management takes all the blame for this. I understand that fans are angry, but I also agree with whoever said that the postponement of a whole tour leg, like it happened with Australia/NZ in 2006, was much, much worse. After all, it's ONE concert, mostly local fans are going and it has only been moved by 2 days. From other bands and artists, I read and hear about postponements and cancellations all the time. Surely it sucks for those who can not change their travel arrangements, but I think we have to keep a realistic perspective of things instead of running around blaming U2 and their management for everything, when we don't know what really happened.

Yeah, a lot of North Americans got screwed over by the rescheduled Hawaii show, too, Tommy.

This whole thing reeks of U2 management at its amateurish worst. Unless the Jets forgot to notify Principle about this two months ago, there is no excuse for this type of fuckup.

U2, Inc. know that thousands of their fans spend a hell of a lot of money travelling all over the world to see the lads, so any deviation in the tour schedule at this late date due to simple oversight is cause for righteous anger by fans that will lose big on this.

No disrespect, but I think since you're going to almost every U2 show of this tour, it's quite fair to say that others have much more reason to complain.

No disrespect, but I think since you're going to almost every U2 show of this tour, it's quite fair to say that others have much more reason to complain.

No disrespect taken. You are presumptious and unfair, though.

I'm not going to "almost every U2 show on this tour". I went to eleven shows in Europe, and will attend two shows on the North America leg. That's 13 shows out of 50. Hardly qualifies as "almost every show", does it, Last Unicorn? Even if I did attend "almost every show", as you mistakenly presume I will, I would still have reason to complain about this situation if it would cost a lot of money to rebook everything, like that guy on atu2 that has to come up with an extra $500 now.

By the way, NY is not one of the shows I'm seeing. This rescheduled date does not affect me at all.

However, I do sympathize with those who had flights, hotels and rental cars already prepaid for that date, just as I sympathized with everyone who lost money in 2006. Whose fault is this? As far as I can tell, it's either Principle/LN or the Jets, perhaps the NFL itself. The Jets and the NFL made it known a long time ago that the game was being rescheduled, so go figure.

I can't imagine that moving the game up 3.25 hours can truly make a difference. I wonder if they just can't break down the claw in time, even if the game was still at 4.15. The time change of the game would give the band a seemingly good excuse...only for those who believe that 3 hours has an impact.

Too bad for those that can't go now. I guess the game is the priority at the Jets stadium.

Still, people would be even more angry if this show got canceled alltogether.

Oh I definetly agree. It's a pain for those who are left scrambling to change flights, hotels, etc. and those who can't make it.

I'm hearing a lot of whining americans...Australia had it on a much larger scale with the whole leg having to be rescheduled, not to mention months later, back in 2006!

I'm sure it's not just "whining Americans" complaining about this. People from around the world who are coming are not feeling too great right now either I'm sure. Actually in looking back through this thread, there's really NOT too much bitching and moaning. Very few posters are actually whining about it.

and BTW, I'm really tired of people bashing Americans in these forums. There's no reason for it. If this were a gig you had tickets for - and I'm assuming you are NOT American - (airline tickets, hotel arrangements, car rental, etc. that you couldn't change easily and without much of a monetary penalty) you'd be bitching and moaning too...it's not just an "American" thing.

I wasn't planning to go to either NY show, but I do feel sorry for those who have to change their plans. It's a huge inconvenience that could've been avoided. U2 have known for a long time about this situation with the game time being changed.

i blame some old fart of an operations / logistics manager at giants stadium as the culprit. obviously they don't plot in build and dismantle time into a computer and figured the U2 stage dismantling could be done in an afternoon, like all other current pop concerts.

The more I think about it and keep reading the difference is 3 hours, the more I think there is something else going on here.

You could easily throw more bodies at the situation and make it happen (union or not people could just pick up the trash.)

If the Jets announced this change months ago the fault lies squarely on Principal Management.

I would not be surprised if we hear in the upcoming weeks there is a big party/benefit/political gathering etc. the night of the 25th that Bono will be attending.

This whole thing sound fishy and sounds like something a tour of this magnitude would have reconciled long ago.

3 hours?

Really?

I think they are either being overly cautious, or something else is going on here.

Here's an even better idea - LEAVE THE FUCKING CLAW UP FOR THE GAME - let the damn Jets play around it.

I mean this whole thing is frustrating and the most frustrating part is that this is all happening for the Jets. I mean, the Jets.

Really?

Sucks.

:down:

They should move the Giants game way up several hours the Sunday before. Last thing we need is for the Wednesday concert to be effed up because they couldn't get the Claw built in time. With the same stage coming from Foxboro two days earlier, they can't just slip it in there. Claw 1 has to be set up and ready for the stage to get there Tuesday. Stupid NFL

SMB

I'm sure it's not just "whining Americans" complaining about this. People from around the world who are coming are not feeling too great right now either I'm sure. Actually in looking back through this thread, there's really NOT too much bitching and moaning. Very few posters are actually whining about it.

and BTW, I'm really tired of people bashing Americans in these forums. There's no reason for it. If this were a gig you had tickets for - and I'm assuming you are NOT American - (airline tickets, hotel arrangements, car rental, etc. that you couldn't change easily and without much of a monetary penalty) you'd be bitching and moaning too...it's not just an "American" thing.

I wasn't planning to go to either NY show, but I do feel sorry for those who have to change their plans. It's a huge inconvenience that could've been avoided. U2 have known for a long time about this situation with the game time being changed.

No joke. The reaction has been really tame here on Interference. The folks on the u2.com forum have been going ballistic. An entire thread was deleted last night, and many of the people freaking out are folks from Europe and even Australia that had travel plans to NY based on the 24th & 25th dates.

No joke. The reaction has been really tame here on Interference. The folks on the u2.com forum have been going ballistic. An entire thread was deleted last night, and many of the people freaking out are folks from Europe and even Australia that had travel plans to NY based on the 24th & 25th dates.

what a bunch of whiny Europeans and Australians. if only everyone could be as selfless as Americans.

I was kind of surprised at the relatively low-key response here as well.

But yeah, it really, really sucks for those people whose plans are now messed up. I'm sorry, you guys. :(

I was kind of surprised at the relatively low-key response here as well.

But yeah, it really, really sucks for those people whose plans are now messed up. I'm sorry, you guys. :(

Maybe some people are just busy making themselves heard over at Zootopia. That one is after all the official forum. I love blue crack better obviously :cute:. But I do believe U2's management probably has someone tracking that forum, given the band's response on some stuffs that have been posted there in the past.

I can imagine this is a big deal for some people. It inconvenienced me in my plan about off-days schedule from work, but I'm still considerably okay since I don't have to fly in to NY. Only had to change a hotel reservation.

here's what should happen:

1) flip the games in the jets/cheaters series
2) play at giants stadium on the 20th and 21st
3) play at giants stadium on the 23rd and 24th

that way ny gets 4 shows and the other city gets none

everybody wins

/ny > boston'd
//17-14'd

-dan

U2.com (I know, I know) changed the date on the tour page, but it still lists Muse as the opening act. I looked at Muse's website and they aren't playing any shows right before the NY dates, so I would assume they're still the opening act.

I'm going to see Muse on 9/13..so they'll definitely be in the area to open

change of plans

I thought the announcement was a joke since the show is less than a month away.
I have had to change my flights to arrive on Thursday (originally coming on Friday) and catch the now 2nd show and take an extra day off work.
Honestly, had the shows been Wed-Thurs to begin with, I wouldn't have made the trip from Dallas.
Inconvenienced-yes.
But still happy to catch the Thurs night show and a Yankees/RedSox game to boot.

what a bunch of whiny Europeans and Australians. if only everyone could be as selfless as Americans.

Bravo_clap.gif

95InternetHigh-Five.jpg

here's what should happen:

1) flip the games in the jets/cheaters series
2) play at giants stadium on the 20th and 21st
3) play at giants stadium on the 23rd and 24th

that way ny gets 4 shows and the other city gets none

everybody wins

/ny > boston'd
//17-14'd

-dan

:up: