New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
at the very least, any songs on the rose bowl dvd shouldn't be put on here (note, i mean songs on the setlist, not the actual songs). if you want a 360 version of one, streets, etc...we already fucking have them. the fact that your blue room only has like 1.5% of the vote is gross.

I do not understand why people vote for the songs we already have a dozen of times like 'Where the streets' , 'Still haven't found'and 'Mysterious ways'. Why are 'Your blue room', 'Stingray' and 'Spanish eyes' so low in the list??:doh:

I don't want another big hits cd!!

Is it not totally obvious to go for songs that haven't been released in a live form from 360, or is that asking too much?! Genuinely thought this was a no-brainer.:huh:

Agree completely....why EVERY one of the top songs is not one that isn't on the Rose Bowl DVD is a mystery to me. If it was played on the 360 tour and isn't on the DVD it should absolutely be on this list. Crikey, almost EVERY ONE of the songs making this list right now are available in officially released live versions elsewhere (many of them in many versions across multiple tours), including 360.

I don't care how good the particular a "version" of "IGCIIDGCT" or "Vertigo" you love is (that's a rhetorical "you"), it's not different enough to justify bumping a rare 360 tour song, period. I frankly expected more since supposedly only real U2 "fans" can participate in this voting.

Argh!! it would appear U2 fans cannot be trusted!!!! :doh:

Apparently not!

everyone who votes for (Your Blue Room) has my personal guarantee that i'll never ban them :tongue:

Done! :)

I wish they'd just charge us for any show we want. U2.com puts the shows up for download and charge us $10 or $20 (and whatever that amounts to in the country you're in) for any show on the 360 tour we want. They did record every show right? I think that would be pretty sweet and would be like a little keepsake from any show you saw. I'd love to have the 2009 Raleigh show in high quality and the 2011 Philadelphia show in high quality.

YES! As evil as Live Nation is, they actually set up something called "Wired Venues" where every show from a tour of certain acts was available for download (or made on demand CD) shortly after the show ended. I heard a rumour that something like this was part of U2's Live Nation deal for 360 once upon a time, but apparently not.

Almost all the U2 I listen to these days are live recordings (most of the studio versions I find don't stack up to their live counterparts), either DVD rips or HQ downloads, and something like this from our lads would be amazing.

Okay, obviously most U2 fans are completely stupid.
Is it not totally obvious to go for songs that haven't been released in a live form from 360, or is that asking too much?! Genuinely thought this was a no-brainer.:huh:

Yeah it's kinda strange. I voted for stuff we don't have on a disc yet. Like, songs that are not on the Rosebowl dvd, for example.

I want Electrical Storm and Your Blue Room and Zooropa most of all. :(

Select the 22 tracks you'd like to see on 'U22'
Bad 3.39%

Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.3%

Where The Streets Have No Name 3.21%

Magnificent 3.17%

Even Better Than The Real Thing 3.04%

One 2.98%

Moment of Surrender 2.79%

Beautiful Day 2.69%

With Or Without You 2.67%

All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.67%

The Unforgettable Fire 2.67%

Until The End Of The World 2.59%

City Of Blinding Lights 2.53%

Zooropa 2.5%

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.49%

One Tree Hill 2.46%

The Fly 2.46%

Out Of Control 2.43%

No Line On the Horizon 2.35%

Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.35%

40 2.3%

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) 2.25%

___________________________________Split Crazy is no 22_______________________________________

Walk On 2.2%

Mysterious Ways 2.15%

Elevation 2.14%

Vertigo 2.12%

Breathe 2.1%

I Will Follow 2.08%

Electrical Storm 2.08%

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 1.96%

Sunday Bloody Sunday 1.92%

Pride (In the Name of Love) 1.9%

Miss Sarajevo 1.9%

New Year’s Day 1.88%

Unknown Caller 1.84%

Get On Your Boots 1.56%

In A Little While 1.49%

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of 1.48%

Mothers Of The Disappeared 1.43%

Return Of The Stingray Guitar 1.37%

Spanish Eyes 1.35%

Your Blue Room 1.31%

Desire 1.26%

Party Girl 1.16%

Scarlet 1.03%

Angel Of Harlem 1.02%

I'm quite surprised how high Magnificent is!

Select the 22 tracks you'd like to see on 'U22'
Bad 3.39%

Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.3%

Where The Streets Have No Name 3.21%

Magnificent 3.17%

Even Better Than The Real Thing 3.04%

One 2.98%

Moment of Surrender 2.79%

Beautiful Day 2.69%

With Or Without You 2.67%

All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.67%

The Unforgettable Fire 2.67%

Until The End Of The World 2.59%

City Of Blinding Lights 2.53%

Zooropa 2.5%

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.49%

One Tree Hill 2.46%

The Fly 2.46%

Out Of Control 2.43%

No Line On the Horizon 2.35%

Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.35%

40 2.3%

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) 2.25%

___________________________________Split Crazy is no 22_______________________________________

Walk On 2.2%

Mysterious Ways 2.15%

Elevation 2.14%

Vertigo 2.12%

Breathe 2.1%

I Will Follow 2.08%

Electrical Storm 2.08%

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 1.96%

Sunday Bloody Sunday 1.92%

Pride (In the Name of Love) 1.9%

Miss Sarajevo 1.9%

New Year’s Day 1.88%

Unknown Caller 1.84%

Get On Your Boots 1.56%

In A Little While 1.49%

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of 1.48%

Mothers Of The Disappeared 1.43%

Return Of The Stingray Guitar 1.37%

Spanish Eyes 1.35%

Your Blue Room 1.31%

Desire 1.26%

Party Girl 1.16%

Scarlet 1.03%

Angel Of Harlem 1.02%

I'm quite surprised how high Magnificent is!

Ugh. :doh:

We really need a "U2 fans shooting themselves in the head" emoticon.

Though I guess it's not as bad as it could be. I actually think fans on this site and others may be having an impact.

YES! As evil as Live Nation is, they actually set up something called "Wired Venues" where every show from a tour of certain acts was available for download (or made on demand CD) shortly after the show ended. I heard a rumour that something like this was part of U2's Live Nation deal for 360 once upon a time, but apparently not.
yeah, it's weird. they would hardly be the first band to sell copies of every show on a leg, i don't know why they didn't do this. i guess they know how popular their bootlegs are and maybe they didn't want to mess with it or something, which is weird but it's all i can think of.

but i know i would've paid good money for the shows i saw this tour.

yeah, it's weird. they would hardly be the first band to sell copies of every show on a leg, i don't know why they didn't do this. i guess they know how popular their bootlegs are and maybe they didn't want to mess with it or something, which is weird but it's all i can think of.

but i know i would've paid good money for the shows i saw this tour.

Yeah...imagine if every fan could buy a "souvenir" recording of the show(s) they went to.

One of the shows I went to (Boston 2....last minute ticket, happened to be in town at the time) wasn't even that good, but I would definitely have bought a high quality recording of it just b/c I was there.

I think they might just be concerned w/piracy, or (more likely) they are planning on selling the recordings in some other format in the future.

I'm tempted to join and vote for all stuff that wasn't on the Rose Bowl DVD. If I had extra space, then I'd add Ultraviolet, then NLOTH songs.

I'm tempted to join and vote for all stuff that wasn't on the Rose Bowl DVD. If I had extra space, then I'd add Ultraviolet, then NLOTH songs.

Yeah. To be honest, I'd rather have no voting at all and just get a CD of tracks from the tour that weren't on the Rose Bowl DVD...then they can put in some hits for filler if there's room.

OMFG, how is One and WOWY up there?:doh:
I give up.
You get what you deserve, I guess...

The only chance we will probably ever have of getting a Live soundboard of Your Blue Room and it's not even close.
Hell, even if I didn't like it I'd choose it.

When I first saw that this was for paid subscribers only I thought it'd be a good thing because surely if like myself these folk are mental enough to fork out the subscription fee then chances are they'll all already own the various live DVDs etc where they can enjoy the countless live versions of songs such as Streets, WOWY, COBL, One and the like and therefore would take a look at the impressive amount of songs available and think 'what do I not already have in my U2 collection?'. Apparently not.

It's like going into a shop and buying something you already own. Hopefully the voting turns around and the likes of Electrical Storm, Your Blue Room, Hold Me, Thrill Me... etc all make it on although I feel like this potentially excellent idea could become a real letdown, emphasised further by the fact that there must be already official recordings of these rare songs if they've put them up for voting, the chance they might never see the light of day is quite disappointing.

I think the error is assuming that U2.com members are hardcore fans... I imagine some semi-hardcore (!) joined to get tickets and forgot to cancel.

Alternatively, maybe people are genuinely voting for their favourite tracks rather than engaging in strategic voting.

I'm actually kind of hoping that u2.com actually overrides the voting system. People have even been voting for the Moment of Surrender and crazy remix tracks that were on WAIE. Passing up the opportunity to get high quality recordings of rare songs in order to get songs that are already available.
I honestly thought people who were willing to shell out $50 for a subscription would want songs they don't already have.
I'm hoping when the poll closes, u2.com takes the opportunity to sneak in at least a couple of the songs that haven't been properly recorded yet.

We know they record every show, so perhaps a better way to do this would be to list 20 shows and have everyone vote on the *one* show to have a double-CD made of in its entirety.

*please* don't let this turn into a best-of disc with more crappy performances of One and WOWY. :reject:

Yeah...imagine if every fan could buy a "souvenir" recording of the show(s) they went to.

Musician+Eddie+Vedder+Pearl+Jam+fame+waves+42g2fJgYTnnl.jpg

This is disappointing. I watched Breathe and Electrical Storm slip off from the 18th or so spot to being far off the cutline now. Damn. (not that Breathe was all that necessary mind you, being on the dvd and as a b-side on a cd single).
This should of been a 24 hour window to vote. It would of guaranteed the hardcore voter who frequents any U2 site daily. Because after that time period, the loonies showed up to vote for their first ever live U2 cd.

Well i'm gonna vote for all the NLOTH tracks, that's for sure. Hmm, except Crazy tonight, it's already been released a couple of times.

I do really want tracks like NLOTH, Breathe and Unknown Caller on it, because they'll probably never play them again, and i really like those NLOTH tracks. I've only seen the tour a couple of times live quite early in the tour, when they still opened the show with Breathe, No Line On The Horizon, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent... for me, that really is the 360 Tour.

Rarities? I don't really care for them. I really like Electrical Storm, but they've played it once or twice? So yes it's rare, but was it amazing? Nah, not to me. Same goes for songs like Spanish Eyes, Mothers of The Disappeared and Your Blue Room.
They played Zooropa regularly towards the end of the tour, and for good reason.

The classics like One, With or Without You, Pride, Sunday Bloody Sunday have been released a million times, don't need them again. Except Streets, that one has to be on there. And i really like I Still Haven't Found on this tour.

Current Standings: i hope the ones in bold make it.
But i really fear for Breathe and Unknown Caller.

1 Bad 3.37%
2 Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.25%
3 Where The Streets Have No Name 3.23%
4 Magnificent 3.17%
5 One 3.01%
6 Even Better Than The Real Thing 3%
7 Moment of Surrender 2.78%
8 Beautiful Day 2.72%
9 With Or Without You 2.71%
10 The Unforgettable Fire 2.67%
11 All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.63%
12 Until The End Of The World 2.59%
13 City Of Blinding Lights 2.53%
14 I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.52%
15 Zooropa 2.46%
16 The Fly 2.43%
17 One Tree Hill 2.42%
18 Out Of Control 2.41%
19 Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.36%
20 No Line On the Horizon 2.33%
21 40 2.29%
22 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) 2.25%
================================================
23 Walk On 2.25%
24 Elevation 2.18%
25 Mysterious Ways 2.17%
26 Vertigo 2.16% Come on, the 360 version ROCKED!
27 I Will Follow 2.09%
28 Electrical Storm 2.08%
29 Breathe 2.07%
30 Sunday Bloody Sunday 1.96%
31 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 1.94%
32 Pride (In the Name of Love) 1.94%
33 New Year’s Day 1.92%
34 Miss Sarajevo 1.91%
35 Unknown Caller 1.82%
36 Get On Your Boots 1.56%
37 Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of 1.5%
38 In A Little While 1.5%
39 Mothers Of The Disappeared 1.42%
40 Return Of The Stingray Guitar 1.34%
41 Spanish Eyes 1.33%
42 Your Blue Room 1.27%
43 Desire 1.26%
44 Party Girl 1.16%
45 Angel Of Harlem 1.03%
46 Scarlet 1%

I hate to say it, but with such a large subscriber base (face it, interferencers are FAR outnumbered at u2.com), I think it's inevitable that many of the big hits will be on there. All but the most hardcore fans will only choose a handful of rarities, maybe ten tops (sorry, I was at Boston2 for 'My Blue Room', and I still hate it). That leaves twelve slots on each ballot for something that's already been released, and since we all won't be picking the same twelve, that builds up the votes for previously released songs - which then get added to those of the casual u2.com subscriber who positively has to have 'One' on there because a band sang it at their wedding/funeral/bar mitzvah/etc.

That said, I think (hope) we can expect a half dozen goodies in the final set - but it definitely ain't gonna be wall-to-wall gold nuggets.

Well i'm gonna vote for all the NLOTH tracks, that's for sure. Hmm, except Crazy tonight, it's already been released a couple of times.

I do really want tracks like NLOTH, Breathe and Unknown Caller on it, because they'll probably never play them again, and i really like those NLOTH tracks. I've only seen the tour a couple of times live quite early in the tour, when they still opened the show with Breathe, No Line On The Horizon, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent... for me, that really is the 360 Tour.

Rarities? I don't really care for them. I really like Electrical Storm, but they've played it once or twice? So yes it's rare, but was it amazing? Nah, not to me. Same goes for songs like Spanish Eyes, Mothers of The Disappeared and Your Blue Room.

Well, all you're really doing then is voting for songs we already have on the Rose Bowl DVD, because I believe all the NLOTH songs they played on the tour are there....so what's the point? One more version?

I hate to say it, but with such a large subscriber base (face it, interferencers are FAR outnumbered at u2.com), I think it's inevitable that many of the big hits will be on there. All but the most hardcore fans will only choose a handful of rarities, maybe ten tops (sorry, I was at Boston2 for 'My Blue Room', and I still hate it). That leaves twelve slots on each ballot for something that's already been released, and since we all won't be picking the same twelve, that builds up the votes for previously released songs - which then get added to those of the casual u2.com subscriber who positively has to have 'One' on there because a band sang it at their wedding/funeral/bar mitzvah/etc.

That said, I think (hope) we can expect a half dozen goodies in the final set - but it definitely ain't gonna be wall-to-wall gold nuggets.

Sorry to quote myself, but if you REALLY only want rarities on there, don't vote for anything else, no matter what. It's called "bullet voting", where you don't vote for the maximum allowed, but only for the choices you really want. If you choose fifteen deep cuts, then 'fill out' your ballot with WOWY, One, UTEOTW, don't be surprised when your rarities that the average u2.com subscriber has never heard of get bumped out.

Well, all you're really doing then is voting for songs we already have on the Rose Bowl DVD, because I believe all the NLOTH songs they played on the tour are there....so what's the point? One more version?

So a song like Ultra Violet shouldn't be on there? It was already on the Rose Bowl DVD.... for me and many others Ultra Violet was an absolute highlight of the tour, and i'd be so pissed if it wasn't on this CD. Yeah, so it was previously released, so what? I want a CD i'll enjoy!

What's the point? That i'll have a CD that i'll actually listen to. A CD which will bring back fond memories of the 360 concerts that i've attended, so yeah, part of it will be a "standard" 360 setlist, but with some of the obvious classics replaced with songs that maybe we haven't hearded that much.

The fact that a song has only been played once is not an automatic inclusion for me.

I think i currently own 3 u2.com subscriber CD's, and do you know how many times i've actually put one of those CD's in my CD player to actually listen to it? Never! I kinda like "unreleased and rare", from 3 years ago (or what was it called?) but i don't think i have even bothered to rip Duets to mp3 yet...

Why would you be pissed if UV wasn't on this CD? Just rip the Rose Bowl dvd, and there you have a soundboard version of UV.

The thing with this release is that we get a chance to get Soundboard versions of songs that would otherwise NEVER be released. Like Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me or Your Blue Room or Zooropa. Songs we don't actually already have on a cd.

why would you be pissed if uv wasn't on this cd? Just rip the rose bowl dvd, and there you have a soundboard version of uv.

The thing with this release is that we get a chance to get soundboard versions of songs that would otherwise never be released. Like hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me or your blue room or zooropa. Songs we don't actually already have on a cd.

+1

I'll probably end up voting for something like this:

CD1:
1 Breathe
2 No Line On the Horizon
3 Magnificent
4 Get On Your Boots
5 I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For
6 Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
7 Unknown Caller
8 The Unforgettable Fire
9 Zooropa