New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so do we know for sure that the top 22 tracks will be released on the double album, or is that just speculation?

also, will it be remastered?

oh they have previews? that's cool. i can't see them because i'm not a paying member.

If they're really smart (and in a good mood), the remaining 24 tracks not making the cut will get a download option by using a code that comes in the mail with the cd. :drool:

Roland of Gilead said:
If they're really smart (and in a good mood), the remaining 24 tracks not making the cut will get a download option by using a code that comes in the mail with the cd. :drool:

That'd be very cool. Probably Too cool . I'll be bummed if HMTMKMKM doesn't make the cut

i cant wait for this to come out :drool::drool::drool::drool:

give it a couple years. :wink:

really though, i'm still a little skeptical that we'll actually see the top 22 voted tracks. part of it is that i'm not a paying member so i don't think i'm able to actually see the voting process, but i still have a strange feeling that we'll get a standard setlist with a couple of goodies thrown in from the voting results.

if i'm completely off base with my worries, please let me know as i haven't really dug into this and can't see a lot because i don't pay U2.com.

This is really cool. I'm tempted to renew my U2.com membership.

I wish this would happen for Vertigo, too. We have so many fantastic bootlegs from 360, but Vertigo isn't as good for bootlegs. It would be *amazing* to get Vertigo's version of Discothèque in soundboard quality.

digitize said:

I wish this would happen for Vertigo, too. We have so many fantastic bootlegs from 360, but Vertigo isn't as good for bootlegs. It would be *amazing* to get Vertigo's version of Discothèque in soundboard quality.

I agree

voting not going well (in my view) the "rare" songs are mostly at the end and the well known songs at the top of the voting..argh!!!!

I think these would be my choices (and I tried to create some sort of a U2 360 setlist for it):
1 Breathe
2 No Line On the Horizon
3 Out Of Control
4 Return Of The Stingray Guitar
5 Even Better Than The Real Thing
6 The Fly
7 Electrical Storm
8 All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me
9 Mothers Of The Disappeared
10 Bad
11 The Unforgettable Fire
12 Unknown Caller
13 Your Blue Room
14 Zooropa
15 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
16 Scarlet
17 One Tree Hill
18 Where The Streets Have No Name
19 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
20 Spanish Eyes
21 Moment of Surrender
22 “40”

I'm holding out voting for a while to see if other tracks need extra support.
^ almost exactly what I picked - except I left off Streets (don't really need ANOTHER version of that) and went for UV instead.

I think that Streets is the essential U2 live song and needs to be on it for that reason. Even though there are already several versions available.
And I don't care about Ultra Violet so I didn't include it (though I now realise there isn't an official live version (on CD) of that song yet).

Really? I think there's some fantastic Vertigo bootlegs (from a quality standpoint, I'm not big on that tour)...have you checked out any of the South America radio broadcasts like Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires? Granted, neither has Discothèque, but the quality on those recordings is fantastic (well, except the presenter's annoying habit of announcing the name of each song before it's played...you know, like Bono used to do. :))

Those are some of the performances U23D was taken from and they're excellent.

Unknown Caller, HMTMKMKM and Your Blue Room need to make the cut!!! :madwife:

Also, Boots rocked so much in person, it'd be a shame for it not to be included.

I want to say songs that weren't indicative of a big stretch of the tour shouldn't be there (barring ES given those few instances are the only times it's even been played) but I can't totally get behind that because of how awesome Out of Control and One Tree Hill sounded when they were played.

Oh, and shame on people for not voting for Return of the Stingray guitar, since we'll probably never see it again!

powerhour24 said:
Unknown Caller, HMTMKMKM and Your Blue Room need to make the cut!!! :madwife:

Also, Boots rocked so much in person, it'd be a shame for it not to be included.

Haha I was about to comment on the lack of UC love!
I'm happy Zooropa and TUF seem safe. If most of the NLOTH songs make it then maybe Bono will feel a bit more relevant. Ha

Finally a big hit for U2.com. Congratulations for this great gift!!!

I do not understand why people vote for the songs we already have a dozen of times like 'Where the streets' , 'Still haven't found'and 'Mysterious ways'. Why are 'Your blue room', 'Stingray' and 'Spanish eyes' so low in the list??:doh:

I don't want another big hits cd!!

Really? I think there's some fantastic Vertigo bootlegs (from a quality standpoint, I'm not big on that tour)...have you checked out any of the South America radio broadcasts like Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires? Granted, neither has Discothèque, but the quality on those recordings is fantastic (well, except the presenter's annoying habit of announcing the name of each song before it's played...you know, like Bono used to do. :))

Those are some of the performances U23D was taken from and they're excellent.

I've listened to Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo, and I actually don't like how they sound at all. They're clear, but there's something about the mix that I really don't like. I think I was probably just thinking about how much I would have liked to hear soundboard versions of Disco and electric Wild Horses.

i hate to ask again, but does U2.com specifically say anywhere that the top 22 voted tracks will be the ones that make the cd?

i hate to ask again, but does U2.com specifically say anywhere that the top 22 voted tracks will be the ones that make the cd?

This is the exact wording:

U2360°. 110 shows. 30 countries. 7 million fans. It was the tour that broke all the records and now you get to create the soundtrack, the ultimate U2360° setlist.

Ever wanted to select the tracks for a U2 set ? This is your chance!

The tracklisting of 'U22', a live double-CD collection, will be decided by you, our U2.com subscribers.

Over 26 months the band performed songs from their most recent album No Line On The Horizon all the way back to their debut Boy, playing at least 22 tracks every night.

So what were the stand-out songs? The tracks which define this tour ? Is there a song you could never leave out of a U2 live set? What surprised you on U2360° and what track never failed to deliver?

FROM THE 46 TRACKS BELOW SELECT 22 - AND VOTE FOR YOUR ULTIMATE SETLIST.

Listed in alphabetical order, the tracks have been drawn from shows in each of the 30 countries where the U2360° spaceship touched down.

1. Take a listen to the audio clips.
2. Select the 22 you'd like to see on 'U22'.
3. Hit 'Submit'
4. Check the latest results.*

When the voting period is over we'll reveal the final tracklisting and you'll receive your own copy of the double CD, 'U22', presented in a custom-designed gatefold sleeve.

hmmm.....so i would say that it leads you to believe that the top 22 voted tracks will be chosen, but it doesn't specifically say so.

i'm still a little concerned that U2.com will pull a fast one on everyone and give us a standard setlist with 1 or 2 deep cuts.

Ooh it Doesn't say the top 22. If they're gonna pull a fast one on the final listing i hope it's somewhat believable

Ooh it Doesn't say the top 22. If they're gonna pull a fast one on the final listing i hope it's somewhat believable

yep. i mean, they could easily take their top hits and then sprinkle in the top 5 votes rarities and then proclaim that "your voices have been heard".

:sad: Don't be putting ideas into their heads Mikal. Knowing U2.com they'd pick it up and do it.

i know, i feel like i'm being the Nick66 of this thread, lol!

if U2 didn't have a history of screwing up, i would safely assume that the top 22 votes make the live album. but they've messed up so many times that it wouldn't surprise me if we're all shell shocked when the final tracklisting comes out and IALW, Elevation and Stuck are on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom