New on @U2 - Big Announcement in the Next 24 Hours~! (FALSE ALARM)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver, ever the optimist :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing's announced until tomorrow morning, but I'll check back in here every once in a while anyway ;)

From atu2:

Matt McGee

Sorry, gang, not trying to cause anyone medical problems. I'm guessing they decided to put it off a day (or more). Hopefully soon....although I now regret ever having said that in OTR because no matter what the news is, it'll never live up to today's anticipation.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How could this happen, I spent all this time waiting on this one bloody thread! :sad:

So all this hoopla because good old Matt McGee typed this one sentence:

We're expecting some big U2 news in the next 24 hours. The machine is starting up. Stay tuned.... :)

And everyone bites. Comical.

i know. part of me thinks this was just some media stunt to drum up some visits to their website. the other part of me doesn't even care if this is true or not.

They wanted to hype their new forum.

(No, I'm not that cynical.)

I think this thread should just be locked.

Not cool, @U2, not cool... :|

Let's not get worked up. Mistakes happen. It's the nature of having "contacts". Sometimes they're right on the money, sometimes they're a little off, and sometimes they're dead wrong. Looks like "sometimes they're a little off" is the case here and we'll get something within the next couple of days. Just not right now.

U2miracle said to get excited tomorrow morning. It's 1:47 AM there.

Just chill for another 6 hours and then you can start getting excited again.

But that's 1am here... I don't want to wait up that late to start waiting to wait even later for some possible hope of new news that probably won't come anyway.

Oh, sorry, this thread is moving so fast that I'm posting in haste:

Big News

No prob, thanks.

---------------

Since it appears there is no announcement happening right now I think its best the thread be closed as to not get anyone's hopes up.
When some real news comes out then a new thread can be started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom