New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One judgement I can make it this... Debbie Harry is going to make a few bucks off this track. "I'm free" and "call me" are almost identical.

That’s why it sounded so familiar haha.

Agree with others on the guitar but a proper recording will be nice.

Edge really has gone basic with his playing. It’s like he’s taken everything that made him unique and shelved it. The focus has been waaay too much on melody

It’ll be awesome to have him revisit his greatness with AB.

Yeah that’s nearly identical to call me which is unfortunate because it’s a fun little bop until
“I’m free…”

Last edited:
The Debbie Harry thing was immediately obvious although the second half tone of the phrasing is different so you think "oh, that's the same as... no, its different now" when listening to it.

With the title and nods to the city I guess this is just a one-off single a la Invisible.

Larry drumming is a good sign and if he had his surgery earlier this year, it would possibly fit with the rumours which say the album is pretty advanced and could be out next year. With the way U2 write and record now, that would be perfect for him to be starting to get drumming again as he could do as little or as much as his rehab plan allows.

I can imagine the drums and bassline of this track sounding fantastic with the right production, and hopefully will be front and centre - I reckon they're in good hands with Lillywhite there :up:

I can imagine the drums and bassline of this track sounding fantastic with the right production, and hopefully will be front and centre - I reckon they're in good hands with Lillywhite there :up:

Again, Adam comes in to steal the show. And yes let’s hope this is produced right. As annoying as it’s going to be to hear people say they ripped off blonde, I think it has a shot of being a nice little single for them!

Also Bono still clinging to freedom in his lyrics.

Glad to see Larry is still in his band. Sad to see Bono still writing songs about freedom.

Yikes! Blatant rip off of "Call Me"in the chorus.

Also, the mixing is really poor. It sounds like it was recorded on a cell phone, not in an actual studio.

I think it’s obvious that it’s a homage to blondie by using that melody and delivery in the chorus, but the U2 haters will just use it against them along with I still cant delete that horrible album from my phone

I think it’s obvious that it’s a homage to blondie by using that melody and delivery in the chorus, but the U2 haters will just use it against them along with I still cant delete that horrible album from my phone
I mean, I can't blame them. They're going to hear this and immediately be like "OMG I hate this band so much" the minute they hear the Blondie rip off. In the end, the song might be fine on its own, but like I said earlier, yikes. I'm going to deny ever hearing this one when around my friends.

Your freedom is contagious!

Who could resist that tantalizing smell of the top of a new… ha nvm

Loving the song so far, it’s catchy and better than any of the faster songs of recent memory

I don’t think they repeat format a la JT2017 at the Sphere, and open with this

JT and AB are night and day different experiences. AB is all about the sensory assault. They don’t miss this opportunity to make the biggest opening impact

And that my friends, is firmly Zoo Station followed by the tribute to AB.

This opens the greatest hits segment, to follow AB show.

My predicition, fwiw

I mean, I can't blame them. They're going to hear this and immediately be like "OMG I hate this band so much" the minute they hear the Blondie rip off. In the end, the song might be fine on its own, but like I said earlier, yikes. I'm going to deny ever hearing this one when around my friends.
Why would you deny hearing it?

Ripping off the Clash and Blondie. Not really hearing "unreasonable guitars"...but this is likely a standalone single, not a new album preview.

Still. Good to see Larry and this has more single potential than Boots/Miracle/Blackout.

I wouldn’t deny hearing it, but I’m not going to send it to anyone who busts my chops about the band saying hey check out their new song isn’t it great?!

I do enjoy the miracle. It’s a fun song. I also think this could be a fun song but the moment it goes full blondie it’s just like wow they really went there huh?

Back
Top Bottom