New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds pretty fun, like the throwback vibe. If "rock n' roll" album means 60s/70s classic rock/post punk, that's a bit more interesting to me than Vertigo/Boots/Miracle stuff, and a fun new road for them to go down.

Obviously withholding full judgement until I can properly hear the song (and the production will be important). But even in this handicapped form it's easily the best they've put out since SOE. Low bar of course, and I'm not surprised, but it's good to see confirmation that those one offs in between weren't indicative of their current potential.

It's a happy fun song made for this Vegas event... no harm, no foul.

More like a song on a soundtrack -- not batman forever great -- more song from Sing 2 that I still somewhat like.

I only got through about 30 seconds of this, but I expected a lot more people would be mentioning that previous single.

Literally sounds like they asked an A.I. to write something similar to The Miracle. :shrug:

Will reserve full judgement until it actually gets released, obviously.
I actually don't think it sounds like The Miracle whatsoever.

Alas

I only got through about 30 seconds of this, but I expected a lot more people would be mentioning that previous single.

Literally sounds like they asked an A.I. to write something similar to The Miracle. :shrug:

Will reserve full judgement until it actually gets released, obviously.

My opinion is based on

Bouncy beat
Edge playing generic rock chords then letting Adam dominate the verses
Surprised he didn’t do the little scratch / muted strings

They’ve been doing this since Vertigo.

Now all that being said, it sounds like a fun pop song.

Not that weird guy who plays guitar in the woods. He's for the people!

The next new U2 single is called "Leaving Larry Behind" followed by "Sphere Sexy Slippers."

I actually don't think it sounds like The Miracle whatsoever.

Alas

Yeah not hearing that either.

The miracle is basically all power chords,this is not.

To be clear, I'm comparing the sound of the verses in both songs, not the big riffy intro or chorus of The Miracle.

But as I said, I'm waiting until I hear the real thing.

And I don't hate The Miracle, I just think it's an unfortunate lead single and emblematic of the album's late-production shift for the worse and away from the promising sound of Invisible.

Given all of the lower quality clips doing the rounds, they would be well advised to hurry up and drop some actual audio snippets on socials soon. I get mixing isn’t done, but there’s now lots of people forming opinions on something that lacks punch that could well be improved by some studio magic. That breakdown section feels a bit awkward, but I reckon there’s lots of sounds going on we can’t hear in these clips.

Given all of the lower quality clips doing the rounds, they would be well advised to hurry up and drop some actual audio snippets on socials soon. I get mixing isn’t done, but there’s now lots of people forming opinions on something that lacks punch that could well be improved by some studio magic. That breakdown section feels a bit awkward, but I reckon there’s lots of sounds going on we can’t hear in these clips.

There's also only two weeks or so until opening night, so if they're going to play a new song, would be good to get it out there to the masses as not everyone is part of the lunatic fringe that inhabits certain social media groups.

Also this.

Ideally they actually need a few days for a new song to sink in, and given Friday is release day - you’d hope it was a few teases this week then a release on Friday.

I think u2songs posted again to say they think it will come out on the 29th. But their article is also sitting on the fence as to whether the song is finished or not - mentions the "blah blah blah" lyric as being a bit of bongolese for something unfinished for example.

I think u2songs posted again to say they think it will come out on the 29th. But their article is also sitting on the fence as to whether the song is finished or not - mentions the "blah blah blah" lyric as being a bit of bongolese for something unfinished for example.
Yeaaaa bongolese is typically gibberish. So I think this is a finished, intentional lyric.

He yadda yadda'd the verse

I don't think they would perform a song and record a video if the lyrics weren't finished.

I think it's fits the song as well. But of course we could be wrong and it will be different on the studio version.

It was a weird article, but they often seem to like to hedge their bets when posting stuff, I guess because of the inevitable moaning if something they get doesn't pan out.

But yes, why shoot a video with an unfinished song!

It was a weird article, but they often seem to like to hedge their bets when posting stuff, I guess because of the inevitable moaning if something they get doesn't pan out.

But yes, why shoot a video with an unfinished song!

They’ve shot videos for finished songs and never released them.

https://youtu.be/D5bWkJsTyXI?si=DJ-l5SnHVuM1kjkJ

Nothing is impossible with this band.

That said, any lyrical changes would be easily glossed over with the right cuts; they likely filmed plenty of coverage.

Conspiracy theorist question: is the only footage of Larry smiling when he leaves the stage?

Back
Top Bottom