NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No question missing Middleton hurt a lot.
Going forward I think the Bucks need to add some younger legs to their rotation though.
Lopez looked good today, but overall his age is showing and Matthews just looks cooked.
Grayson Allen just sucks, but man Jrue Holiday can play. Tough SOB.

Agreed. I think they would have repeated had Middelton not gotten hurt. He's that good and would have covered for the Bucks' cold stretches this series, but him being out for sure did expose an issue that the Bucks need to address this off season. Their big 3 simply aren't enough. Portis is ascending so that will help, but literally the rest of their team is old. George Hill had no issue being in the game. Grayson will hopefully rebound but yeah, sucked this series. The rest of the team needs a younger makeover at this point.

Milwaukee had no business even getting to a Game 7 without Middleton.

I wouldn't overreact to losing to Boston that much. Do they need some changes? Sure. But they didn't have their second best player and got to a Game 7 and, let's be honest, blew a chance to close it out at home in Game 6.

George Hill has been toast for a few years... I'm not sure why they even brought him in. Allen performed well all year. Brook Lopez is who he is - he's a useful piece in the regular season, but there are certain matchups that render him useless. That's more or less the life of an NBA big these days. Not having Williams probably helped the Celtics in that regard - as it made Boston go primarily with lineups that caused issues for Lopez. And Milwaukee really missed PJ Tucker. Speaking of...

I give a slight nod to Miami in this series - but that's very slight and if Boston wins it wouldn't shock me at all. I think it's a 6 or 7 game series. I'm going with Miami only because they'll have home court if it does go to Game 7.

Western Conference? Who knows. Golden State is better on paper, but the way Luka is playing right now? Sheesh - you can't rule that guy out. I know this - Steph and Klay? They may have games where they're missing shots - but they're not going to have a game where they fail to even compete like we saw last night (and have seen over and over again from Christopher Paul).

So I expect Golden State to return to the finals.

Miami over Boston - eh, that's like 51/49 in favor of Miami. If Boston had home court I'd flip that.

Golden State over Dallas - I'm 60/40 in favor of the Warriors.

Wow the NHL and NBA done fucked up.

Number one seed Panthers and Heat play every game at the same time and both on TNT, do I understand that correctly?

Like, they could at least try to not have them on the same network? Wtf?

Wow the NHL and NBA done fucked up.

Number one seed Panthers and Heat play every game at the same time and both on TNT, do I understand that correctly?

Like, they could at least try to not have them on the same network? Wtf?

that would be impossible - and i looked it up, and, yea, impossible.

eastern conference finals are on espn/abc. western conference finals are on tnt.

that would be impossible - and i looked it up, and, yea, impossible.

eastern conference finals are on espn/abc. western conference finals are on tnt.

I’m confused, why would it have been impossible? They have the games Tuesday Thursday concurrent and home.

Do you mean it would be impossible to air two different shows on TNT? If so I mean yeah, I obv didn’t think about that. They could on ABC though, right?

Either way my point was more about the NHL and NBA slotting all the Heat and Panthers games on top of one another.

I’m confused, why would it have been impossible? They have the games Tuesday Thursday concurrent and home.

Do you mean it would be impossible to air two different shows on TNT? If so I mean yeah, I obv didn’t think about that. They could on ABC though, right?

Either way my point was more about the NHL and NBA slotting all the Heat and Panthers games on top of one another.
Well yes I was referring to the impossibility of having two games on the same network at the same time in the same market.

It's not ideal scheduling but there is some staggering... Panthers start at 7, Heat start at 8:30. On the weekend the Heat play Saturday while the Panthers play Sunday.

Then yes, the last four games (if necessary) are Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. All the Heat Celtics games are scheduled for 8:30. I would assume the NHL would slot that Sunday game into an afternoon timeslot to not directly compete.

Not ideal. I'm sure the bars will be happy though.

What in the F does Al Horford do in his free time?
This is the 3rd time for him in Covid protocols this season.
Get yourself vaxxed and don't go out socializing during the playoffs you eejit.

Game 1 is a lock for your guys Chris.
Hopefully Smart can be back Thursday cause Average Al won't be.

well-what-a-great-audience-jimmy-valmer.gif

He claimed recently he was vaccinated. So by either we have an Aaron Rodgers type situation here, or he has the worst luck in the world.

edit: here's a link https://www.boston.com/sports/bosto...cs-playoffs-would-he-play-in-toronto-raptors/

important to note that he came out and said that he's good to go wherever (but didn't actually say the worlds "vaccinated") in response to a report the day earlier that says he wasn't vaccinated.

Last edited:

You do realize one can catch Covid while fully vaccinated, right? Not sure if you're serious. Horford might be vaccinated and he might not be. But I know many people, including myself, who have been fully vaccinated with a booster shot and still got it. And I say all this as someone who completely supports getting vaccinated and thinks everyone should get the shots. It helps minimize the impact of Covid. It doesn't necessarily keep you from contracting it.

Last edited:
You do realize one can catch Covid while fully vaccinated, right? Not sure if you're serious. Horford might be vaccinated and he might not be. But I know many people, including myself, who have been fully vaccinated with a booster shot and still got it. And I say all this as someone who completely supports getting vaccinated and thinks everyone should get the shots. It helps minimize the impact of Covid. It doesn't necessarily keep you from contracting it.

I am fully aware.
Horford may be vaxxed now, but he definitely was not at beginning of season, and most think he wasn't when he didn't make the trip to Toronto in April. He gave a Wroggers-esque answer as Headache pointed out after that game..
This is 3rd time he's been out with Covid since November. Certainly makes one wonder.

If you're vaccinated you pretty much have to volunteer to be tested, unless you're outwardly showing obvious symptoms.

Only unvaccinated players are required to undergo daily testing.

He participated in shoot around the day of the game.

Maybe his symptoms came on in between the shoot around and the time he tested positive, but that's a small window.

Or he's not vaccinated or boosted, and thus is still subjected to daily testing and for pinged on a relatively mild or asymptomatic case.

Last edited:
Don’t think there was any doubt. Take out one bad quarter and the Celtics have dominated thus far.

They just have to work on defending Butler better. Man, when that guy wants to just take over, he seems unstoppable. Puts his head down and gets to the rim, and often also to the FT line.

boston golden state would be fun.

still a long way to go - but if you're miami and your entire thing is that you guard and knock people around... and other than one just awful quarter boston has dominated you? at home? that's not good.

celtics have won 7 of 8 quarters, and scored 30+ points in each of those 7 quarters. they had one duderoo in the 3rd quarter of game 1. take that quarter out and they've dominated the series.

miami still has spo - so i can't rule them out just yet. and if they can get kyle lowry to get back out there flip flopping all over the place it will certainly help.

but through 2? man things are looking good for boston.

Has load management ever proven to be effective? Honest question. Is there an actual correlation between injuries observable in the data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom