NBA 2013-14 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bucks are such a pathetic franchise. I stopped being a fan when they traded Ray Allen for Gary Payton, probably one of the worst trades in history.

At this point I'd rather them move to a different city and somehow Milwaukee get a hockey team.

Sent from my Note 3 using my S-pen.
They're making out like gangbusters this year. They fully intended to compete for a playoff spot, and injuries rendered them the tank champ in a year with a great draft. No amount of Hinkie magic could create a tank as pure as Milwaukee's has been so far.

Really hoping the Lakers can get one of the top four picks in the draft. I think Parker, Wiggins, Randle, and Embiid are all very exciting. I wasn't too high on Embiid, but something clicked when I started hearing people compare his development at the same age to Olajuwon. Now I see it, why he's projected so high. Hakeem is the greatest. And they do have some similarities. Not saying he's going to be Olajuwon, but the comparison is arousing.

I'd still take Parker #1, but yeah. Any of the four would look fine in the gold.

EDIT: There is some really good talent in that projected 5 to 15 range of the draft, too. I just think that the top four is probably a tier above the rest.

Really hoping the Lakers can get one of the top four picks in the draft. I think Parker, Wiggins, Randle, and Embiid are all very exciting. I wasn't too high on Embiid, but something clicked when I started hearing people compare his development at the same age to Olajuwon. Now I see it, why he's projected so high. Hakeem is the greatest. And they do have some similarities. Not saying he's going to be Olajuwon, but the comparison is arousing.

I'd still take Parker #1, but yeah. Any of the four would look fine in the gold.

EDIT: There is some really good talent in that projected 5 to 15 range of the draft, too. I just think that the top four is probably a tier above the rest.

But ... you're a Bulls fan. Why do you care about the Lakers? Fuck the Lakers.

When I hear somebody compare Embiid to Olajuwon, I look at them with a blank stare, searching for a sign of life in their mindless souls.

As much as I'd love to pile on lebron for always blaming everything but himself when things go wrong... I hate those sleeved jerseys so much that I hope his complaints get heard.

Not because they have a negative effect on his shooting... that's utter bullshit... but because they're just so damned ugly and stupid.

Yes, they look awful. The tee shirts look better under the jersey.

I remember back in my college tennis days. Anytime I wore long sleeves, my serve was off.

Just out of curiosity, I searched back to the 2003 NBA Draft area of this forum to see what people thought about the prospects then. I'm not going to say anymore, but just that it really is a crapshoot.

#thehistorian

I've long thought that this was a misnomer, and it's now confirmed, because the dumbass apparently doesn't even remember that I also like the Lakers, even though it's something that I've consistently been open about and posted about for the last six years.

I believe I was scared of both of them... Oden for not being fully committed to basketball and Durant for being so darn skinny... but I can't really remember for sure.

I do remember being on team Beasley in the Beasley vs Derrick Rose debate. That... didn't turn out too well, although I do supposed Beasley has given more to his team over the past two seasons than DRose... I kid I kid

I don't recall what I thought about Rose vs Beasley.

I have very vivid memories of work arguments re: who was better, Vince Carter or Kobe Bryant. This was a thing in our office for some reason, probably around 1999 or 2000. I was vocal about it being Carter. We all make mistakes*.

*I was 100% Peyton over Leaf, in case anyone was wondering.

I was right... I thought both could be busts, but that Oden was the bigger bust risk...

that's quite the basement... people forget how nasty mourning was pre-kidney disease.

i'd be very surprised, based off of what i've seen from him thus far, if oden will be as good as stoudamire or howard, let alone alonzo mourning.

we're talking about a player who's only really playing basketball because of how tall he is, who wanted to be a dentist, and who had a grand total of one very good game in his freshman year of college, playing against far inferior talent to what he's going to face next year. when i see oden i see a player who in 5-10 years we're going to be talking about how good he could be if he'd only have his mind and heart into it all the time. i think he's soft.

then again, i could very well be dead wrong... and i hope i do, we need some great centers back in the league.

as for durant... look... i don't put much stock into combine stats... but dude couldn't even put up 185 once after a year at a top flight D1 university... that's at the very least a bit alarming.

Other highlights from that thread...

Hewson hated the Garnett trade cause the Celtics gave up too much.

LMP would rather have a team coached by Doc Brown than Doc Rivers.

I was concerned about Minnesota possibly trading KG for Amar'e because Amar'e's knees could explode at any moment. Ha!

These are the Knicks next 8 games...

Mon 10PHI
Wed 12 @BOS
Sat 15MIL
Wed 19 IND
Fri 21@PHI
Sun 23CLE
Tue 25@LAL
Wed 26 @SAC

If they aren't the 8 seed by the end of this run, fold the franchise.

I've learned not to utter sentences that start with "If the Knicks aren't".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom