NBA 2013-14 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is context needs to exist. Technical fouls are judgment calls. There's a clear difference between what Lowry did and what LeBron does.

AND lN THIS CORNER:

bgdunk1.gif

I'm really torn on Afflalo. He's been fantastic this year and if Oladipo continues to develop as a decently-distributing two-way guard, then I'd absolutely bet on keeping him. He's 27 years old on an affordable deal. Plus, how many shooting guards are better than him right now? A healthy Wade, Joe Johnson... not sure who else.

If a contender like OKC offers pieces and a 1st rounder for him, I'm not so sure. I've long thought that Jameer Nelson's destiny is to be a 6th man for a contender/heat check guy -- Indy would benefit with a secondary ball handler in their 2nd unit. They don't have a first rounder next year which I'm sure gobbles up most interest. Phoenix has 4 of them; go figure.

A team with a need for rebounding when like the Clippers should consider Big Baby, too.

The Magic offense is a wreck. These crazy wins against Indy & OKC were both fueled by stellar defensive runs in the 4th. It's tough only being able to watch highlights after the fact being in a Spurs/Mavs/Rockets market.

Plus, how many shooting guards are better than him right now? A healthy Wade, Joe Johnson... not sure who else.

A healthy Kobe. Harden. And I think of Steph Curry more as a shooting guard, and he'd clearly be at the top. Always liked Afflalo though, since his UCLA days. And he's on my fantasy team, which doesn't actually mean anything but makes me like him even more.

Daniel Orton/Byron Mullens/DeWayne Dedmon
Thaddeus Young/Brandon Davies/Arnett Moultrie
Danny Granger/Hollis Thompson
Tony Wroten/Elliot Williams/Lorenzo Brown/James Anderson
Michael Carter-Williams/Darius Morris

Something like that?

Strengthening the tank further.

I hope you guys get one of Jabari/Wiggins/Embiid.

Morris, Orton and Dedmon are no longer around. It's something like this I believe:

PG: Michael Carter-Williams // Eric Maynor // Lorenzo Brown
SG: James Anderson // Tony Wroten // Elliot Williams
SF: Hollis Thompson // Jason Richardson
PF: Thad Young // Arnett Moultrie // Earl Clark // Brandon Davies
C: Nerlens Noel // BJ Mullens // Henry Sims

Just look at that masterpiece.

Of that team, maybe five guys have a future with the team. MCW and Noel starting at the 1 and 4, possibly Wroten, Thompson and Williams as backup wings. That's ... about it. I love it.

^ Did you forget to put Granger in there? Do you not have him? I'm just now back in front of my computer looking at everything that went down today.

Looking at this, I'm surprised the Lakers didn't make any more moves after the Blake deal last night.

^ Did you forget to put Granger in there? Do you not have him? I'm just now back in front of my computer looking at everything that went down today.

Looking at this, I'm surprised the Lakers make any more moves after the Blake deal last night.

I think their plan is to buy him out to get down to 15.

True story. I wonder who will sign him then. He's obviously had troubles staying healthy, but I'd still say Granger is an above-average offensive contributor who could help out a contending team.

I have no need for a Danny Granger in my personal life. Now, I would be interested in acquiring SASHA VUJACIC or maybe DERRICK ROSE to be part of my gang and we could have fun and troll bars for hot young women.

I wonder if Granger has a favorite baseball team and, if so, does he follow their day-to-day spring training activities?

Sixers Incoming
G Eric Maynor
F Danny Granger
F Earl Clark
C Henry Sims
C Byron Mullens
2014 CLE 2nd
2014 MEM 2nd
2015 GSW 2nd
2015 NOP 2nd
2016 DEN 2nd
2018 LAC 2nd

Sixers Outgoing
F Evan Turner
C Spencer Hawes
C Lavoy Allen
2014 PHI 2nd (protected)

Hinkie is a magician.

Sure, but those are more enticing assets than anything Hinkie had to work with. The only one he had was Jrue Holiday, and he turned him into Nerlens Noel and a 2014 lottery pick.

The Sixers are going to have four lottery picks (Noel, MCW and the two picks this year), whatever they get from the second round, whoever they decide to keep from this roster, and then on top of that, space for two max contracts without even hitting the luxury tax.

You think they'll make a hard push for Lance this off-season?

In other news: au revoir, Big Baby. May your future Travelodge stays be merry and bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom