MNF New Orleans Set List Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
didn't see how they would get the whole clip in. a nfl regulation halftime is 12 minutes, plus a little time on each end. the performance was about 10 minutes of music. that's why it was a pre-game performance, not halftime.

for those outside the us, superbowl halftime shows are usually about 30 minutes, that's why you can fit a longer set in.

DignityPassesBy said:
How did Bono sound?

He sounded so awesome.. the Edge was awesome, awesome awesome... :hyper:
Larry pounding on the drums brought me to the middle of the floor. :rockon: Adam well he just rocks.. :rockon:
The entire program just blew me away..
Buy it and support Music Rising. If you get it some other way, consider yourself blessed, and donate to Music Rising.. :up:

sue4u2 said:

He sounded so awesome.. the Edge was awesome, awesome awesome... :hyper:
Larry pounding on the drums brought me to the middle of the floor. :rockon: Adam well he just rocks.. :rockon:
The entire program just blew me away..

:up:

I'm feeling the love again :drool: :heart:

bridonohue said:
Thanks to Bonoman for posting this audio. All I did was split it up.

September

http://download.ysi.com/91CD08971C931F21

Rising Sun

http://download.ysi.com/9E915DB93D604BA4

BD

http://download.ysi.com/1017CB29455C62B0

not to sound like a goody two shoes, but i am not going to post the charity track because, well because it's for charity. we can buy it for only a buck (or a pound) at much better quality at rhapsody, as should we.

appreciate the work, but at least call track 2, 'The Saints are Coming'... if for no other reason than that's what tonight was all about.

Utoo said:
hopefully someone will be able to post up the video soon....:hyper:

looks like it won't be on u2torrents:

Hi U2Torrenters,

A heads up to all, the recent live performance of the U2/Green Day cover of the Skids The Saints are Coming is NOT ALLOWED here on U2Torrents.com.

Sorry, but allowing this material here would be counter productive to what The Edge and all involved with the Music Rising movement is trying to get done for the musicians in the New Orleans area. Visit http://www.musicrising.org/ for more info.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers,

Kevin - U2T Admin

2morrow said:
"We're livin' like birds
In the magnolia trees
Child on a rooftop
Mother on her knees
Her sign reads Please
I am an American"

Ok...that lyric kinda made me tear up/get a little angry. I don't know how this makes other people outside of America feel, but this statement brings back the utter stupidity/disregard for human life which was displayed by our leaders...:mad:

It was also a very rockin' Bono moment...I hope we see some of that attitude on their new album.

Oh, yes! Thanks for posting the lyric. I couldn't make out what Bono was singing in between the part about the magnolia trees and "I Am An American."

I also hope this is an indication of the type of lyrics/attitude we will see on the new album.

nuke126 said:
4 mp3s of the performance, in a zip file
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k5k7yj

thank you very much for this!

I taped today's performance onto my VHS and bought the 99 cent track, but the live track on rhapsody is different than today's performance. I think it must be from rehearsal (which also had an audience) because you can tell the difference in "the saints are coming"

when Bono says: "new birth, to the rebirth, new orleans..." on the 99cent downloadable track
and today he said "new birth, rebirth, trombone..."

Now I have both versions!! THANKS!

"We're livin' like birds
In the magnolia trees
Child on a rooftop
Mother on her knees
Her sign reads Please
I am an American!!"

and the House of the Rising sun bit were the highlights for me. The saints are coming rocked. I thought Bono sounded okay, I heard worse one-night performances from him.

Last edited:
bridonohue said:
seemed like dallas had as much screentime as larry.

He totally did! I was like...there's Dallas. There's Dallas again. Hey there's Dallas again! I guess given the equipment setup was different than normal...

bort269 said:

thank you very much for this!

I taped today's performance onto my VHS and bought the 99 cent track, but the live track on rhapsody is different than today's performance. I think it must be from rehearsal (which also had an audience) because you can tell the difference in "the saints are coming"

when Bono says: "new birth, to the rebirth, new orleans..." on the 99cent downloadable track
and today he said "new birth, rebirth, trombone..."

Now I have both versions!! THANKS!

Where other than rhapsody can i get it, Paying of course. I´m from mexico and can get it from here.

Or maybe someone can help me? coach.u2@gmail.com

will donate , promise

Beautiful Day + trumphets makes this thought even harder:

U2 + Symphony = GOLD!!!

you know, like Metallica's S&M

:love: :drool:

who sings House of the Rising Sun... Edge?

PD: So every time they play New Orleans from now on, you KNOW at least a "The Saints Are Coming" snippet will happen...

I don't understand why no one will post the video

the video is NOT availble for purchase is it?

Cause if it were i would buy it

Back
Top Bottom