MNF New Orleans Set List Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver's prediction:

1. God Defend New Zealand (feat. Azerbaijan State Orchestra)
2. Mofo
3. Lemon
4. I Don't Like You (Nicky Lemons and the Migraine Brothers cover, Bono sings it directly to Green Day)

:drool: :combust:

yer we do,

wake me up till september ends
the song that they recorded together (forgets the name)
beautiful day

Bono: vocals/guitar
Edge: backing vocals/guitar
billie joe armstrong: vocals/guitar
mike dirnt: bass
tre cool: drums

thats basically the lineup for the show, im pretty sure theres no larry or adam involvement :(

Then its not really U2 and Green Day...

Just cause Larry and Adam weren't at Rehearsal...doesnt mean they have to rehearse the play Beautiful Day for the millionth time.

if larry and adam need to rehearse beautiful day at this point, they need to find another job asap.

wouldnt it be great if they got mixed up and played dirty day instead? :drool:

The people crowding outside the Dome earlier tonight showed such palpable pride and anticipation.

Rooting for the Saints, rooting for creative lyrical changes in BD, loving that Edge has taken the spotlight for speechifying for a change.

Anu said:
The people crowding outside the Dome earlier tonight showed such palpable pride and anticipation.

Rooting for the Saints, rooting for creative lyrical changes in BD, loving that Edge has taken the spotlight for speechifying for a change.

I agree 100% with everything you said. Just watched the Goo Goo Dolls(they sounded really good) and couldn't believe how many people were outside watching them. I would imagine it's pretty emotional there. Can't wait to see the guys hit the stage. :rockon:

Sorry if this has been posted but can someone remind me what time U2 will be televised? (please include whatever time zone you're referring to b/c I am in California :) Thank you!

quadcaster said:
yer we do,

wake me up till september ends
the song that they recorded together (forgets the name)
beautiful day

Bono: vocals/guitar
Edge: backing vocals/guitar
billie joe armstrong: vocals/guitar
mike dirnt: bass
tre cool: drums

thats basically the lineup for the show, im pretty sure theres no larry or adam involvement :(

That would be lame. You gotta have Larry and Adam durring Beautiful Day

Goo Goo Dolls were Great!! :up: I didn't expect them this early, but didn't really know when they were playing. I've never watched ESPN this much with the exception of a few football game's and tennis (some basketball, too) but not any of the pre-game stuff for any amount of time.
Can't wait for U2 & Green Day :hyper: Saw the Edge and Billie Joe Armstrong earlier, on CNN, though.. :wink:

720pm CST -- which is one hour from now.

Watching all the charity that these athletes have done puts any bias a person might have against 'jocks' in perspective. These people have donated so much money and time.

And all these sports commentators are hardly talking about football--but the moral, spiritual, social significance of the game.

LyricalDrug said:
Sorry if this has been posted but can someone remind me what time U2 will be televised? (please include whatever time zone you're referring to b/c I am in California :) Thank you!

from one of the other threads:

ET 8:21-8:30
CT 7:21-7:30
Mountain Time 6:21-6:30
Pacific Time 5:21-5:30

argh :crazy:
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

hey all, just thought I'd pop in and say hello!

been awhile since I've hit the setlist party circuit.

oh.. and I just booked our flight/hotel package for Hawaii on Friday!

18287898_9cb33111d9.jpg

18287616_27359efe5b.jpg

Last edited:
Uh, anybody got the down low on where to hear it on the internets? I thought the rhapsody site was streaming it, but there wasn't anything on the site mentioning it... :uhoh:

I'm so out of touch... I'm so ashamed...

U2dork said:
Uh, anybody got the down low on where to hear it on the internets? I thought the rhapsody site was streaming it, but there wasn't anything on the site mentioning it... :uhoh:

I'm so out of touch... I'm so ashamed...

If you have RealPlayer the stream is advertised in it, it says it starts at 8:19 EST.

bono_man2002 said:
We already have the setlist don't we?

Don't spoil the party. :wink:

I hate Green Day and I hate American pseudo-football even more, but at least leave the surprise of what U2 will play. :wink: I mean, when I went to bed last night, there was some footage that seemed to have at least a snippet of Bono singing House Of The Rising Sun, so maybe there will be a little surprise in the set? We can hope anyway.

U2Man said:
if larry and adam need to rehearse beautiful day at this point, they need to find another job asap.

Bono still needs to rehearse Vertigo. :|

neutral said:

If you have RealPlayer the stream is advertised in it, it says it starts at 8:19 EST.

Thanks!

:der: Do you have to have an account to stream? :der:

I heard that the local station that broadcasts the Falcons games will be broadcasting it, but their webstream is just not working. I may have to go old school and just turn the damn radio on...

Ok, I haven't been paying a LOT of attention...is this the first game in New Orleans since the hurricane?

Back
Top Bottom