MLB 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
beltre-head.gif

The Marlins should be contracted. Then they can move the Rays to Miami.

The Marlins and Minimum Payrolls | FanGraphs Baseball

According to multiple published reports, the Marlins had the opportunity to do exactly that with Nolasco. Ken Rosenthal reported that the Rockies were willing to send “two quality prospects” to Miami for Nolasco, but they wanted the Marlins to pick up a good sized chunk of the money Nolasco was still owed. Instead, the Marlins took the Dodgers deal, which freed them of his salary but gave them minimal talent. The Marlins had a choice, and they chose current cash savings over future talent.

All I want from this season of baseball is a .500 team. I'm starting to think I may end up seeing that after all. Hard to believe the way the season started.

I want to know how many games the team has lost this season thanks to the pen. Is there some stat on Baseball Reference that could help me with this?

EDIT: I don't know, based on my fuzzy/sleepy math, it looks like 13 of the Cubs' 48 losses have been blown saves. Not as bad as I was expecting.

Check out this trade I just got away with in Fantasy:

I gave up Matt Cain, Jason Heyward, Jason Kipnis, and Manny Machado and received King Felix, Adam Jones, Brandon Phillips, and Evan Longoria.

Highway fucking robbery. Cain has regressed and there are whispers that he's hiding a serious injury, Heyward hasn't done shit all year and just got hurt today.

Giving up Kipnis and Machado was tough, two guys that I really like that are having big breakout seasons, but in order to make the overall thing work? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. And it's not like Phillips and Longoria are slouches. These are two star players and huge producers.

Getting Felix in exchange for Cain is the real coup, though. That shit ought to have been vetoed by the league. I'm really excited.

No keeper. No money on the line, either. But it's a super competitive league. It's a lot of my best friends that I see three or four times a week, and the league becomes a frequent topic of discussion.

And now I have everyone by the balls.

Some killer debuts tonight. My man Harper did not disappoint, but Cespedes was just too damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom