MERGED--> new album 20th november! +New Best Of on November 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aardvark747 said:
Omfg!?!??!"":mad:"" wat if dey put dat shite version of "WON" wiv Mary j bilge on da album!??!??!??!!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!:sick:

lol

:lol: the thought never crossed my mine now but .......

Maybe they change One to include bono's 10 min speech.

Incidently, my verdict on this is basically feeling slightly peeved at another Best Of - particularly when it doesnt appear to be needed, but at the same time i'm excited by the prospect of a new song - even if it does end up just being Mercy.

I am also quite sad in the way that I DO get excited with a new album cover and inlay, so I guess I am more happy than annoyed with this decision.

But it buggers up the flow of Best Of's imo. 80-90 then 90-00 followed by a final 00-whatever would've been nice.

Just my 1 and ninepence :shrug:

Axver said:

Yeah, why actually participate in the discussion when you can just paint every opinion you dislike with the same brush and uncritically dismiss it all?

If it were a real discussion, that would be different, but all this has been is about how disappointed everyone is that U2 have changed like real people do over the course of the years instead of staying exactly the same, stuck in whichever era is that particular fan's favorite.

Which is the same discussion that happens every time an album is released, no matter what.

I don't think a new Best Of is necessary at all right now, I did not see this one coming. I can't really see a reason why U2 would do this. They don't need the money or the publicity. They already got a lot of press just from doing that song with GD and playing in New Orleans. They get people talking about them really easily. This is weird.

And with the amount of songs worth being on a best of 16 is not enough (I thought that's why they put out two other best ofs from each decade). This sounds very lame indeed and the kind of move I don't associate with U2. It almost feels disrespectful with their vast catalogue and with their fans, that's why I think it's lame.

I hope they're not doing this because they feel like they have to get more fans, they get a lot of new fans every time they put a new album out and go on tour. This site is a proof of it. It doesn't matter for me if there is a new song coming, I would rather wait a couple of years for an entire new album than to get this.

KUEFC09U2 said:
well i think the book has been rumoured for along time, people have been asking for a Zootv DVD for years, and maybe the recored company are pushing the band to get this best of out?, maybe the band want to re-nagotiate there contract, but the label have turned around and said "well you still have obligations with your other contract", we dont know the facts, but yet again interference and other forums over react like usual

the bottom line is no matter what, we dont have to buy it, the band arent forcing people into buying it, but there must be a reason for them wanting to get it out of the way.

Thank You..! :up:

key word here is: OVERREACT:grumpy: :rolleyes:

I was just checking out the @U2 site and found this interview with Marc Marot who renegotiated U2's record deal in 1999 http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=4280
It includes this excerpt:

" don't know, Matt. I would imagine [pauses]...at least another three...I think. And I think there may even -- dependent on how well the two Best Ofs did -- there may even be a right for Island to have a combined Best Of. Because obviously they did the '80s and then they did the '90s.

A combined Best Of combining what kind of stuff?

Everything! Anything from any point in their career. That's certainly not on the schedule. It's not on the agenda for the moment, but there just happens to be a clause somewhere in the contract that allows them to do it."

So perhaps Island have decided with the current hype (the book, the Green Day single, the soon to be resumed tour etc) and the Xmas market that it's a good time to exercise their right to the combined best of, in which case U2 probably just have to go along with it, who knows :shrug:
Even if it's just a good old marketing opportunity with no contractual obligation it doesn't bother me that much. Greatest hits aren't aimed at the hard core fan but more the casual ones who like some of the singles but wouldn't necessarily buy many of the albums. If we want the new song we can just download that separately.

chocky said:
The Cure released 2 BEST OF albums: Standing on the Beach ('79-'86) and Galore ('86-'96) and they did OK.

Then they released a GREATEST HITS album which covererd both periods and it sold like hotcakes.

Yes but ... have a look at fans and media reviews about that disposable "Greatest Hits" :down: Most of fans are agree that the "Greatest Hits" was just a pointless move, a stupid and disposable compilation missing most of the greatest Cure songs ever. That compilation was reviewed as s***, as contractual crap, etc, etc, and the reviews were right: What was the point in releasing a single disc "Greatest Hits" while the fans already have 2 excellent singles compilations?. It was just for damn money.

Now is the same thing with U2. Do U2 must sacrifice their integrity and credibility by releasing a stinky "Definitive" crap destined just for MTV posers?. Just remember what happened with The Cure after their stupid "Greatest Hits". After that they released several albums but the long time fans and mass media didn't trust them anymore, and all the albums were reviewed as average or dissapointing.

Is that what U2 want?. Get rid of their loyal fanbase who made them rich and famous for a bunch of brianwashed wannabes?.
Don't forget that the same thing happened with Aerosmith. They released "Big Ones", one of the very worst compilations ever that sold like hotcakes neverthless, and after that they reputation went to hell. Then they released nothing but s*** albums, Honkin' On Bobo and all that nonsense, and they finished just like Kiss. :madspit:

That selling out move just work for the instant cash, surely they'll load more cash than ATYCLB and HTDAAB togheter ... but in the end that's just killing themselves, their music, their reputation, I mean that's exactly

How To Dismantle The U2 Career

KUEFC09U2 said:
well i think the book has been rumoured for along time, people have been asking for a Zootv DVD for years, and maybe the recored company are pushing the band to get this best of out?, maybe the band want to re-nagotiate there contract, but the label have turned around and said "well you still have obligations with your other contract", we dont know the facts, but yet again interference and other forums over react like usual

the bottom line is no matter what, we dont have to buy it, the band arent forcing people into buying it, but there must be a reason for them wanting to get it out of the way.

I have watched several U2 forums - the vast majority of posters "overreacted".

I realise the book was talked about, I know that DVD of Sydney (Popmart may not be official but 3 members of the band said this is the next DVD) also - but why not make it a single? The new U2 song with the B-side The Saints are coming? That way you can still promote the book, promote the cause and everyone is happy.

I can see the connection between the book and the overall career Best of, but I don't think the contract obligated the band to use studio material already featured on earlier Best of's. I think if they needed to do an overlook of entire career, that's a great opportunity to do a Live Best of. Surely there's enough recordings in the vaults to pick from. Pack it with a nice DVD with video footage off their tours.

I know no one has to buy it and of course there is a reason they are doing this - it could just be done differently, and better.

but again another way to look at it, maybe the reason why the GD/U2 song is included is simple because as rumoured, all proceeds are going to music rising?

ponkine said:

That selling out move just work for the instant cash, surely they'll load more cash than ATYCLB and HTDAAB togheter ... but in the end that's just killing themselves, their music, their reputation, I mean that's exactly

How To Dismantle The U2 Career

Will you give it a rest with the "selling out" shit you are throwing around?

This release isn't geared towards us. It's for the mainstream music type who has always liked a couple of U2's biggest hits, and that's it. The type of person who liked a couple of songs from the 80's and a couple of songs from the 90's, and wants them all on one convenient disc. There is no confusion of any sort, either, as Axver alluded to. If someone looks at this new compilation and sees that it is missing songs that they like, but are on the previous Best Ofs, then they'll just get those, if they haven't already. This release is strictly for the non-U2 fan who only likes a couple of their songs, never owned any of their albums, and just wants things all nice and neat on one disc.

Having two new songs is the bonus for us. We should be excited for some new material and not worrying about whether U2 is selling out, or if their legacy is tainted, because quite frankly, that couldn't be further from the truth.

phanan said:

Will you give it a rest with the "selling out" shit you are throwing around?

This release isn't geared towards us. It's for the mainstream music type who has always liked a couple of U2's biggest hits, and that's it. The type of person who liked a couple of songs from the 80's and a couple of songs from the 90's, and wants them all on one convenient disc. There is no confusion of any sort, either, as Axver alluded to. If someone looks at this new compilation and sees that it is missing songs that they like, but are on the previous Best Ofs, then they'll just get those, if they haven't already. This release is strictly for the non-U2 fan who only likes a couple of their songs, never owned any of their albums, and just wants things all nice and neat on one disc.

Having two new songs is the bonus for us. We should be excited for some new material and not worrying about whether U2 is selling out, or if their legacy is tainted, because quite frankly, that couldn't be further from the truth.

:up::up::up:

Swan269 said:

you have said it in 44 threads we know thanks for telling us again. Maybe if you tell us one more time, we will all stop liking it just like you.

Okey Ill make that 45, I'll say it just for you how about that? I wipe my ass with Mercy and I honestly don't get why so many people are in love with it. And it would be a more STUPID mover to put that song in the best of then actualy releasing a best of! Why the hell do you think would release a song as being new when it has already been leaked a couple years before?

There do you hate mercy now? :madspit:

eh, true as that may be, this is the first U2 news, that i'd say actually dissapoints me. Oh well.

how can this really dissapoint people? seriously? does it matter if its released or not? does it stop you liking the songs you like?

It's been over a day since the announcement. Has anyone else but me who initially reacted negatively now also come to the (fairly sane) conclusion that in the end, it's not a big deal at all?

I, too, initially didn't like it. I got caught up in "symbolism," "legacy," purpose, etc. But after a just a few short hours of occasionally thinking about it (and perhaps most importantly--many hours of not thinking about it), it's not terribly hard to come to the conclusion that this isn't a big deal at all. Here are a few reasons:

1). The song will eventually be a single. Electrical Storm was. If this song isn't, it doesn't matter---most everyone will end up with it through trading via email, links, etc., anyway.

2). Good thing it wasn't a single. Who on earth buys singles? Every time I've looked for them online, they end up costing like $28 because of "import" fees.

3). The third "Best Of" was never intended to be 2000-2010. I can't find the original source, but I'm 99% certain I'd read long, long ago that the first two were supposed to be decades, and that there was either leeway with what the third would be, or it was destined to be a "definitive" collection.

4). There's no such thing as "selling out." The term is bullshit, and as Bono has noted several times, any band that tells you they don't want to be huge is bullshitting themselves and you. Anyone who makes music to make music plays at home. Anyone who does it in public does it for at least a little glory. Jeezus, Franz Ferdinand is on a freaking hair product commercial!

5). The band's legacy will, in the end, not be affected by this at all. One little Best Of album cannot tarnish a 30+ -year history of a band that has swept the world off its feet. Plus, they've already put out two GH albums in the middle of their career--not the end like most bands--with no detriment to their "image." If anyone were to feel that the band has become commercial, they would've felt that way with the uber-marketed iPod commercials---not with a CD that will quietly hit shelves in Best Buy. (And the people who felt they got commercial with the iPod are probably the ones who'd already thought that everything post-Pop was commercial anyway).

6). The band is not grabbing for your lone, last dollar. There were new songs/reworked songs on both of the last two Best Of albums. They didn't expect us crazy fans to get those---unless you got the special versions with the B-sides or the History Mix--those were for us. In either case, you got the special edition and got something fairly worthwhile (esp. the B-sides). It's been rumored that there's likely to be a special edition of this new one. If so, and you get that, then you get the new song and you get something worthwhile----either brand new footage of something, or <gasp!> the videos of whatever 1980-1990 songs are on there, which people have been begging for for a while (even though you can download them anywhere).

In the end, you get a new song---which, some way or another, you'll get your hands on, whether by buying the cd, the deluxe cd, or downloading it somehow.

If you really don't want the whole cd, then buy it, copy the song off of it, and give the cd to a friend. You've now spent a mere $11 on a gift for someone, and we no longer have to sifle through threads about "What songs to put on a mix for a friend?" on EYKIW.

ponkine said:

Just remember what happened with The Cure after their stupid "Greatest Hits". After that they released several albums but the long time fans and mass media didn't trust them anymore, and all the albums were reviewed as average or dissapointing.

Is that what U2 want?. Get rid of their loyal fanbase who made them rich and famous for a bunch of brianwashed wannabes?.
Don't forget that the same thing happened with Aerosmith. They released "Big Ones", one of the very worst compilations ever that sold like hotcakes neverthless, and after that they reputation went to hell. Then they released nothing but s*** albums, Honkin' On Bobo and all that nonsense, and they finished just like Kiss. :madspit:

The downturn in the careers of The Cure and Aerosmith had nothing to do with releasing greatest hits albums. There is no proof of cause and effect there.

There is a hilarious correlation that makes fun of that thinking: Over the last few hundred years, the earth's temperature increased while the number of pirates dwindled. Therefore, if we bring back pirates, we will stop global warming. That is the same kind of stupid comparison that you are making.

You even said it yourself, the reason that The Cure and Aerosmith are not as popular anymore is because they made shit albums.

why should everyone complain?
new song people, isn't it exiting? :hyper:

we have comfirmation of a NEW SONG!!! :happy: :hyper: :happy:

i'll be over the moon if its 404 :drool:

http://www.u2faqs.com/history/e.html#8
The record deal that covers the three "Best Of" compilations was signed in the midst of Seagrams' acquisition of Polygram, which owns Island Records. There were many suggestions in the financial media that the U2 Best Of record deal was a means for U2 to use a holiday release (The Best of 1980-1990 was released Nov. 3, 1998) to help bolster the revenues and value of Island / Polygram. At the time, Polygram's business performance had been declining so much that Seagrams was able to cut its' original takeover price by $200 million.

Similar evidence suggested U2 agreed to the Best Of deal as a sort-of "going away" gift to Island Records. With the sale of Island / Polygram to Seagrams, there was a major shakeup at several of the record labels involved. In the process, U2 switched to Interscope Records for its future U.S. studio releases, but the Best Of contract called even for the future Best Of albums to be released on the Island label.

LemonMelon said:

I'd just like to take this moment to say how much I despise the iPod. :|

A) You have a computer, which is why you're talking to me right now.

B) Burn it to a disc.

C) There is no principle. U2 are businessmen who aren't on some indie label and can do whatever they want. We don't have to like it, so, considering complaining won't fix anything, just enjoy what you have.

Is that so hard? :(

:huh:

i'm not talking about me, silly. there are people in the world who aren't on interference, who don't have computers, who don't have iPods, etc.

all i want is to download the new stuff off iTunes, and that's it.

anyway ... the other thing that worries me is this: if this is to be a definitive "Best Of" -- how much new material can we look forward to in the future? are there future "beautiful days" and "ones" and "WTSNHNs" out there? or is the end that close? or is there going to be a "no, guys, wait, here's an even more DEFINITIVE DEFINITIVE Best of" in, say, 2012 with 6 new songs from the 2-3 albums they've released since them?

Utoo said:
It's been over a day since the announcement. Has anyone else but me who initially reacted negatively now also come to the (fairly sane) conclusion that in the end, it's not a big deal at all?

this is a good post, but i have a few questions/qualms ...

[q](And the people who felt they got commercial with the iPod are probably the ones who'd already thought that everything post-Pop was commercial anyway).[/q]

actually, i wasn't totally comfortable with the iPod commercial (though it was brilliant marketing), but i love post-2000 U2 as i think strong songwriting is where they are at as a band, and it is also strong songwriting that tends to get on the radio and be enjoyed by a wide variety of people. i want everyone along for the ride. i just wish they didn't have to hawk other people's products (very different from hawking your own product) to get attention.

[q]They didn't expect us crazy fans to get those---unless you got the special versions with the B-sides or the History Mix--those were for us. In either case, you got the special edition and got something fairly worthwhile (esp. the B-sides).[/q]

but if i've already got both "Best Of's," really, what is the point of this one? i've got my B-sides, which is why i bought them, and it can be nice to have a mixed U2 CD ready to go for a car trip or something, but why would i want a CD that's going to combine the two "best of's" that i've already purchased?

Irvine511 said:

but if i've already got both "Best Of's," really, what is the point of this one? i've got my B-sides, which is why i bought them, and it can be nice to have a mixed U2 CD ready to go for a car trip or something, but why would i want a CD that's going to combine the two "best of's" that i've already purchased?

It's not geared towards you, Irvine. It's for the casual music listener who doesn't have anything from U2, but likes a couple of their songs. This CD is for them.

There's no doubt the two new songs will be available individually in some fashion, for those of us that don't want to buy the whole thing.

Axver made a point that people dismissing the criticism of U2 for releasing the new album should contribute to the discussion, and state why these criticisms are invalid. Point taken. So, I'm throwing my hat into the ring.

To claim that the release of a greatest hits album invalidates an entire career spanning 30 years *is* ridiculous, no matter how you spell it.

Many are claiming that this is just a pathetic cash grab on the part of the band. Let's say for the sake of argument that it is. Don't buy it, then. Yes, it's as simple as that. Don't contribute to their greed by spending your hard-earned dollars. Download the new material for free, if you want, and listen to your heart's content. It's not like any of them are going to starve if you do this, and I'm sure that many of you, like myself, have spent thousands of your dollars on them over the years, so what's a freebie here and there? Many of you naysayers sound as if you feel that the band are victimizing you by releasing this material. We all have free will. Use yours to not buy it. Then, sit back and watch the sales numbers over the holiday season. It's all about supply and demand, folks. If this recording should flop, garnering low sales, then you'll be fully entitled to point and laugh and mock and say "told you so, U2, you greedy, money-grubbing idiots." However, I suspect that sales will be just fine. All U2 fans are not like us. Some are more casual, and will appreciate a release like this.

Let's move on now to the morality of releasing extraneous, redundant material. How could they (gasp) compromise themselves like that? Here's a newsflash - idealism is passe. Even in the 80's, pre-Africa, when U2 were at their most pure, politically ranting, idealistic best, I can't ever recall hearing them say that they didn't intend to make a profit off of this venture. While U2 do raise the bar on social consciousness and are probably much more moral, on average, than other bands, I've never expected perfection or complete altruism from them. That's a little unrealistic. Make all the money you want, boys. Roll around naked in it, while guzzling the finest champagne and smoking insanely expensive cigars that were lit with hundred dollar bills, in the most decadant way imaginable, for all I care. I fully understand that it's my choice whether or not to contribute to it.

Another line of argument has seen people making comparisons to other bands who have released multiple greatest hits packages that have rendered them irrelevant. Again, this argument doesn't wash. If bands become irrelevant after greatest hits packages, it's not because of the greatest hits packages, it's because their original material has become crap (read: Aerosmith, Rolling Stones). Correlation does not imply causation, people. While many around here have their favourite eras, and think that the '00 material is irrelevant crap, it appears that much of the music-consuming public is in strong disagreement, given their massive popularity over the whole HTDAAB/Vertigo tour era. "Oh, but now they're pandering to the masses, and forgetting longtime fans," some of you might whine. Get over yourself. You're not their audience of one. If you truly feel this way, lock yourself in your room with the music from your favourite era, and pretend that the band called it quits just after that. Fantasize that in your perfect world, they didn't put out anything after JT/AB/insert era of choice here. A lot of people do like their later material, as evidenced by their insane popularity. Logically speaking, this release will have no impact on their future popularity. It might gain them a few fans, but I suspect that any they lose because of it are just highly critical people who were probably on their way out, anyway. Personally, I prefer to judge their future relevance on new material (while realizing, of course, that this is highly subjective). This greatest hits package is just a minor blip in the radar. Practically meaningless.

The one point I will concede, and what I'd be most concerned about if I were a member of U2's management or marketing team is oversaturation of the market, given all the new product they have released in the last year and a bit. However, even if this oversaturation does come to pass, I think it'll be a temporary issue, and will have little to no lasting effect. Also, given that I'm not a member of their management or marketing team, if this does indeed prove to be a bad decision, it won't affect me personally. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Much of this discussion has reminded me of Chicken Little (the sky is falling! the sky is falling! Do any of you remember that story from childhood, or am I showing my age? lol). This release is not a disaster. It does not mean that their careers are winding down. It does not mean that they have nothing new or original or relevant left in them. It's just an album they're releasing. That's all. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I honestly don't get the panic mode that some people are in. Ultimately, it's just entertainment. If you're so vehemently opposed to this...I don't know. If it were me, I'd be rethinking my priorities, or my allegience to a band that clearly makes such horrific, repulsive decisions. Myself, while I'm anxious to hear the new song, I'm finding it hard to get worked up, one way or the other. Like those irrelevant dinosaurs, The Stones have stated, "it's only rock'n'roll (but I like it)." It's nothing to stress about, people. Just my take on things, for what it's worth.

Would you (i mean anyone) say U2's career is in the shit? I don't.
But as with any career/contract there will always be blips and i beleive U2 were willing to sign it to take more control. Also, didn't Bono say that songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday will be songs that they will bring with them into the future. This whole situation for me, anyway, is the close of an era and the start of
a new one. The Saints record being on there as well is a good way of making more money for Music Rising.

I see U2 taking a more technical approach with the new studio album, by that i mean pushing themselves as musicians more so than in any other area. Gone will be the conservative approach.

U2's future starts with the new studio album.:eyebrow:

VintagePunk said:
Axver made a point that people dismissing the criticism of U2 for releasing the new album should contribute to the discussion, and state why these criticisms are invalid. Point taken. So, I'm throwing my hat into the ring.

To claim that the release of a greatest hits album invalidates an entire career spanning 30 years *is* ridiculous, no matter how you spell it.

Many are claiming that this is just a pathetic cash grab on the part of the band. Let's say for the sake of argument that it is. Don't buy it, then. Yes, it's as simple as that. Don't contribute to their greed by spending your hard-earned dollars. Download the new material for free, if you want, and listen to your heart's content. It's not like any of them are going to starve if you do this, and I'm sure that many of you, like myself, have spent thousands of your dollars on them over the years, so what's a freebie here and there? Many of you naysayers sound as if you feel that the band are victimizing you by releasing this material. We all have free will. Use yours to not buy it. Then, sit back and watch the sales numbers over the holiday season. It's all about supply and demand, folks. If this recording should flop, garnering low sales, then you'll be fully entitled to point and laugh and mock and say "told you so, U2, you greedy, money-grubbing idiots." However, I suspect that sales will be just fine. All U2 fans are not like us. Some are more casual, and will appreciate a release like this.

Let's move on now to the morality of releasing extraneous, redundant material. How could they (gasp) compromise themselves like that? Here's a newsflash - idealism is passe. Even in the 80's, pre-Africa, when U2 were at their most pure, politically ranting, idealistic best, I can't ever recall hearing them say that they didn't intend to make a profit off of this venture. While U2 do raise the bar on social consciousness and are probably much more moral, on average, than other bands, I've never expected perfection or complete altruism from them. That's a little unrealistic. Make all the money you want, boys. Roll around naked in it, while guzzling the finest champagne and smoking insanely expensive cigars that were lit with hundred dollar bills, in the most decadant way imaginable, for all I care. I fully understand that it's my choice whether or not to contribute to it.

Another line of argument has seen people making comparisons to other bands who have released multiple greatest hits packages that have rendered them irrelevant. Again, this argument doesn't wash. If bands become irrelevant after greatest hits packages, it's not because of the greatest hits packages, it's because their original material has become crap (read: Aerosmith, Rolling Stones). Correlation does not imply causation, people. While many around here have their favourite eras, and think that the '00 material is irrelevant crap, it appears that much of the music-consuming public is in strong disagreement, given their massive popularity over the whole HTDAAB/Vertigo tour era. "Oh, but now they're pandering to the masses, and forgetting longtime fans," some of you might whine. Get over yourself. You're not their audience of one. If you truly feel this way, lock yourself in your room with the music from your favourite era, and pretend that the band called it quits just after that. Fantasize that in your perfect world, they didn't put out anything after JT/AB/insert era of choice here. A lot of people do like their later material, as evidenced by their insane popularity. Logically speaking, this release will have no impact on their future popularity. It might gain them a few fans, but I suspect that any they lose because of it are just highly critical people who were probably on their way out, anyway. Personally, I prefer to judge their future relevance on new material (while realizing, of course, that this is highly subjective). This greatest hits package is just a minor blip in the radar. Practically meaningless.

The one point I will concede, and what I'd be most concerned about if I were a member of U2's management or marketing team is oversaturation of the market, given all the new product they have released in the last year and a bit. However, even if this oversaturation does come to pass, I think it'll be a temporary issue, and will have little to no lasting effect. Also, given that I'm not a member of their management or marketing team, if this does indeed prove to be a bad decision, it won't affect me personally. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Much of this discussion has reminded me of Chicken Little (the sky is falling! the sky is falling! Do any of you remember that story from childhood, or am I showing my age? lol). This release is not a disaster. It does not mean that their careers are winding down. It does not mean that they have nothing new or original or relevant left in them. It's just an album they're releasing. That's all. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I honestly don't get the panic mode that some people are in. Ultimately, it's just entertainment. If you're so vehemently opposed to this...I don't know. If it were me, I'd be rethinking my priorities, or my allegience to a band that clearly makes such horrific, repulsive decisions. Myself, while I'm anxious to hear the new song, I'm finding it hard to get worked up, one way or the other. Like those irrelevant dinosaurs, The Stones have stated, "it's only rock'n'roll (but I like it)." It's nothing to stress about, people. Just my take on things, for what it's worth.

:ohmy:

:applaud:

Each paragraph = :drool:

By the way, it's interesting to note how many of the "hardcore" fans here readily admit to being introduced to U2 by the previous Best Of albums..................................:hmm:

Utoo said:

:ohmy:

:applaud:

Each paragraph = :drool:

By the way, it's interesting to note how many of the "hardcore" fans here readily admit to being introduced to U2 by the previous Best Of albums..................................:hmm:

What? You didn't think I was capable of expressing myself in an articulate manner? :angry:

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom