MERGED-->March 28th, San Diego Fan Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, we have to hope the timing isn't such that we're on a plane when the regular sale starts (since we've both used our presale codes). i can't think about that prospect. :|

ruffian said:
well, we have to hope the timing isn't such that we're on a plane when the regular sale starts (since we've both used our presale codes). i can't think about that prospect. :|

Well, there's always the airplane phone:crazy:

1 GA ticket $49.50, on hold with ticketmaster for 60 minutes from the plane $262.80:yikes:

EPandAmerica said:
Allegra, I have heard of companies not letting people take vacation days after or before a holiday.

Well, since you've got the sub lined up, maybe you should call in sick that day. I think you feel a bad headache coming on. :wink:

Really though, I hope the principal can work something out, I'm sure he just has to give the okay and then you will get paid for a vacation day.

True...I do hope that the principal can find a loop hole, or make up some shit. He's really cool, and he said he would try to figure it out.

Anyway, somebody came to me today and asked if I was getting docked for sub pay or what I make in a day. Then I thought for a second and had hopes that it would be sub pay....BUT NO!!!!! I got an email back from personnel today saying that it would be equal to what I get paid in a day. :madspit:

Well, I'll tell you what! My co-workers all agreed that next time I won't say a damn thing about it ahead of time and call it in as a sick day. This is the first and last time I'll ever notify admin early like this. If they don't like it, that's tough shit. I think I'll need to call a lawyer about this to see if this is even legal. Who knows...

But...

I CAN'T WAIT TO ESCAPE TO CALI!!! :crazy:

Yep, Ramblin' Rose, you're definitely onto something - I was a Prop. subscriber and I can see my code all of a sudden. And when I log into my non-Prop. membership, there's nothing. Very interesting.

See you all in San Diego!! :wave:

I was a prop member but I was one of the people that they couldn't find on the list. Eventually they found me and credited the money but they obviously didn't activate my account as a prop member because I used my code and it is not visible.

I'm still thinking of a limo from the holiday inn to the HRC!

Someone here as info on limo rental place in San Diego?

Someone has some phone numbers to call or website?

Thanks

Frederic :)

fredstab said:
I'm still thinking of a limo from the holiday inn to the HRC!

Someone here as info on limo rental place in San Diego?

Someone has some phone numbers to call or website?

Thanks

Frederic :)

I'll look into it fred and report back ok? I live here in san diego.

ramblin rose said:

Thanks for answering. I wonder what they're up to. Based on the people that I know:

1) People who didn't use their code can still see theirs

2) Propaganda subscribers (whether or not they used their code) can still see theirs.

3) Non-propaganda members who used their code can no longer see it.

Granted this is only a small group of people that I've been able to test this with, (about 15). I hope more people respond in the other thread.

(I also only bought 1 ticket with my Propaganda U2.com membership.)

I just checked your theory. It is true. My hubby is a non prop member and he used his code in the presale. I just logged on as him and his code is gone. However, my code (i am a prop member and I think that's how they have me in the database but I am not sure) is still up when I log on. Never used the code..

Last edited:
the 3rd leg info is just crazy--all the dates and cities apparently showed up on u2log.com and then got yanked back off the site. so maybe there are orders from higher up the chain to hold off on announcements. everyone does seem to think that Monday is the day. I'm definitely doing Dallas, Houston, Cincinnati, Columbus, Nashville and hopefully Miami, if they end up going to those cities. Now I just need to find a couple thousand dollars for tickets... :yikes: :uhoh:

ruffian said:
the 3rd leg info is just crazy--all the dates and cities apparently showed up on u2log.com and then got yanked back off the site. so maybe there are orders from higher up the chain to hold off on announcements. everyone does seem to think that Monday is the day. I'm definitely doing Dallas, Houston, Cincinnati, Columbus, Nashville and hopefully Miami, if they end up going to those cities. Now I just need to find a couple thousand dollars for tickets... :yikes: :uhoh:

that link for those dates was from the elevation tour 3rd leg. That is probably why they yanked it.. a joke, tease I don't know.. I looked at it when I clicked the link and it was from last tour.

u2fanatic4ever : thanks for the info you will provide me for the big big limo! We WILL HAVE SOME CRAZY FUN in your Town!!!!!!!

For the 3rd leg thing, you should all come to my hometown Montreal....It's not the America you know. It's really different here....And U2 LOVES Montreal (loudest crowd of the American tour (Elevation tour)) Bono was amazed how loud we are in Montreal!

fredstab said:
u2fanatic4ever : thanks for the info you will provide me for the big big limo! We WILL HAVE SOME CRAZY FUN in your Town!!!!!!!

For the 3rd leg thing, you should all come to my hometown Montreal....It's not the America you know. It's really different here....And U2 LOVES Montreal (loudest crowd of the American tour (Elevation tour)) Bono was amazed how loud we are in Montreal!

http://www.apluslimos.com/

Visit that website, it is a company I hve seen their cars a lot and the 18 passenger Hummer limo is SO cool!

I hve no idea the cost.....good luck!

Karen :wink:

I got my ticket today.:)

:scream: :scream: I'm afraid this thread will be closed by the time I wake up in the morning.

Is it the 28th yet??..... :der:

ramblin rose said:
I got my ticket today.:)

:scream: :scream: I'm afraid this thread will be closed by the time I wake up in the morning.

Is it the 28th yet??..... :der:

well, we're approaching 500 posts if we haven't gotten there yet...so i'm imagine we'll soon be moved. you know, it is a matter of WEEKS now. :crazy: can't WAIT!

U2Fanatic, thanks for the info on the "alleged 3rd leg" dates...it does seem that the actual dates may well be announced on Monday. At least one radio station (Atlanta) is announcing that.

Oh, and Frederic there is a good chance I'll come to Montreal if they are there :D

ok, I got my email from U2.com. IT'S OFFICIAL! I know you all know this by now...but in case you don't, 3rd leg dates are announced on Monday and the presale on Wednesday. I bought ONE ticket with my presale code, so I think that means I'm done and can't use it for the 3rd leg (even though we were allowed to buy two). But that's ok:(
I need to do a quick poll on the pros and cons of GA vs. reserved seat. For some of the shows, I'll have to drive after my classes end and can't spend all day in the GA line, so I'm thinking I'll have to have a seat for those. For weekend gigs I can probably do GA. I'm a little bummed that I can't make this decision after SD, since I will have had both experiences.

Kelly, are you going to any 3rd leg shows? I assume Miami?

ruffian said:
I bought ONE ticket with my presale code, so I think that means I'm done and can't use it for the 3rd leg (even though we were allowed to buy two).

But you said your u2.com membership was via Prop. You should have received the email which clearly states that as a former Prop member who used your code you will be allowed to buy an additional pair for 1 show. (Prop members who didn't use their code at all will be able to buy 2 pairs to 2 shows).

And the Prop presale is one day before the general presale. This is absolutely fabulous news!!!

you're right! the letter confused me because it said "as a prop member with an unused code..." and mine was used...

oh, and if anyone hears any leaked dates (i swear I cannot wait for tomorrow) for god's sake post them!!!! :crazy:

At least the next two weeks will be chock full of action, fall dates, presale, probably general sale starting next Saturday, rock and roll induction, Adam's Birthday, that VH1 all access show, the rock and roll hall of fame induction show on VH1, possible band sightings at the induction in NY all leading up to....................

OPENING NIGHT

The build up is almost too much to take.

ramblin rose said:
At least the next two weeks will be chock full of action, fall dates, presale, probably general sale starting next Saturday, rock and roll induction, Adam's Birthday, that VH1 all access show, the rock and roll hall of fame induction show on VH1, possible band sightings at the induction in NY all leading up to....................

OPENING NIGHT

The build up is almost too much to take.

Really now! I am with ya!! I am about to :combust: and go :crazy: all at once here! oy vey! :ohmy: Hopefully I can take all this for the next 3 weeks or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom