MERGED-->March 28th, San Diego Fan Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in T3 and I was very surprised at how good the view looks from the seating chart!

I haven't been sleeping well lately and I think it is because I am too excited for this tour to start. :crazy:

Carek1230 said:

The SD Sports Arena only holds 17,000 so it's rather intimate in size in comparison to the other venues they are playing. If you are seeing them in SD you can go to the Sports Arena website and they have an area where you can click on the section and it will show you what the view will look like from your seats. Seriously there isn't a horrible seat in the place, even if behind the stage......I heard the sound was horrible, but the entire Arena has been re-vamped since the last time U2 performed there. I am going both nights and live up the street from there!

Karen
Ocean Beach
Karen, I totally relate to your last post about your U2 frenzy...I've resorted to drinking Nyquil so I can get some rest :) I think I read that the sports arena actually only holds between 13,000-14,000--the smallest venue on the whole tour.

U2SJ, did you find the band around the back of the arena? I'm definitely planning on trading off with my buddies in the GA line so we can take turns looking for them!

U2Fanatic, I will be happy when the count is under 10 days. A whole 'nother month!!! :sad:

EPandAmerica said:
I'm in T3 and I was very surprised at how good the view looks from the seating chart!

I haven't been sleeping well lately and I think it is because I am too excited for this tour to start. :crazy:

Are you going to be in Chicago? Your name is familiar...

EPandAmerica said:

Yeah Ive been popping some Tylenol for a few days now!:crazy:
Looks like your seats are similar to mine, but on the other side :wink: Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been chewing Melatonin tablets nightly--Tylenol PM works if I have a headache but Melatonin works better and doesn't make me over sleep or feel all groggy. Aren't we all crazy? :crazy:

I love it!

LOL Carek! Last nite I made my boyfriend take the PM with me and today he overslept and told me to never give him one of those again :| Melatonin eh? I may pick some up!

U2SJ said:
LOL Carek! Last nite I made my boyfriend take the PM with me and today he overslept and told me to never give him one of those again :| Melatonin eh? I may pick some up!

See! That is why I don't take Exedrin PM or Tylenol PM unless I have a really bad headache or don't have to get up to an alarm the next morning! Melatonin is more "natural". You can pick it up at health food stores or at Trader Joe's, drug stores like Longs, Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc. A lot of people who travel on long airplane flights take it to help them sleep on int'l flights so to be awake and on local time when/where they arrive. It works great and the ones I have are white minty chewable tablets. Not chalky. Yum Yum hehe

Carek1230 said:

It works great and the ones I have are white minty chewable tablets. Not chalky. Yum Yum hehe

I travel internationally a ton, and melatonin is GREAT. I sometimes take 2 with a chaser of Nyquil :crazy:

You guys just crack me up--I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! :heart: :heart:

yeppers.. I swear by Melatonin! It did the trick when we traveled to ireland last September. Coming from California was a big time difference.

Ruffian, yeah I will be on cloud 9 when it gets down to the teens..14 days or less...:huh:

I find myself daydreaming about this 1st show when I'm in the car. Things like........that first roar of the crowd when the lights go down.........the first Vertigo chorus........the oooo's in COBL, the Ohs and Yeahs in Miracle Drug.

The whole thing puts me in a trance. I missed my exit on Tuesday on the way to work because I was in another world...actually I was in the Sports Arena, imagining Sometimes.:huh:

What I would give to just fast forward to March 28.:drool:

I'm just joining this thread now - it was very fun to read and got me even more excited about the tour! I'm going to SD 1 so I'll be screaming and cheering with the rest of you for the best band in the world:love:

I used to live in San Diego and saw a few concerts there and the sound did suck, so I'm really happy to hear that improvements have been made for accoustics. And there really isn't a bad seat in the house!

Have fun at the Hard Rock thing!

Come on out to the Hard Rock if you can join us! It's going to be a BLAST! Lots of fun, partying well into the night and into THE TOUR OPENER! We are so excited! Welcome! Do you have seats or GA? I live in SD, Ocean Beach, right down the street from the Sports Arena. It's greatly improved from what I hear so sure to be great good fun! Hope we make the news!!!!!!

Karen

ruffian said:

Are you going to be in Chicago? Your name is familiar...

:sad: It was a maybe, but I've had to pass on Chicago. I've only got two weeks of vacation, after years of having 3 or 4 weeks, I started a new job two years ago and lost all seniority & vacation time. :|

...But I will be at SD1, Phx 1&2 and hopefully SJ 1&2!

EPandAmerica said:

:sad: It was a maybe, but I've had to pass on Chicago. I've only got two weeks of vacation, after years of having 3 or 4 weeks, I started a new job two years ago and lost all seniority & vacation time. :|

...But I will be at SD1, Phx 1&2 and hopefully SJ 1&2!

awww...sorry to hear that :hug:
but it sounds like you're getting lots of other shows in (is it *ever* enough?? no!) hope to see you at SD!

Carek1230 said:
Come on out to the Hard Rock if you can join us! It's going to be a BLAST! Lots of fun, partying well into the night and into THE TOUR OPENER! We are so excited! Welcome! Do you have seats or GA? I live in SD, Ocean Beach, right down the street from the Sports Arena. It's greatly improved from what I hear so sure to be great good fun! Hope we make the news!!!!!!

Karen

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've got a seat in row 2 of section LL20. It's what I got from the presale (that sure was a pain in the ass). I'll be vacationing with my family in Orange County through early Monday so I won't be in in SD until the afternoon. That's when I'll become U2centric!!!

hotpepper said:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've got a seat in row 2 of section LL20. It's what I got from the presale (that sure was a pain in the ass). I'll be vacationing with my family in Orange County through early Monday so I won't be in in SD until the afternoon. That's when I'll become U2centric!!!

U2Centric, I like that! I've got seats in L21b! Got mine in the presale also!

EPandAmerica said:

Isn't that seating chart thingie cool?

I am at T6C row 13. If my friend Rachael bails, I may have an extra ticket!

Nosebleed rear view BUT I am in the house for the opener!

Can't wait to meet everyone!!!!

Wow Rosa thats an awesome seat!
32 days 32 days 32 days 32 days 32 days 32 days!!!!!!

:combust::hyper::combust::hyper:

Someone had a website where there was a Vertigo countdown? Anyone know where to find that again? :) I liked that!

I got Anaheim #1 GAs during the presale but believe i was able to due to the fact that I was on the East Coast.

I couldn't buy any Philly or Chicago shows presale or public. However, I was able to get LA seats and SD GA during the public sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom