LP 13 talk & Bono's haircut tracker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like the Manic Street Preachers may have succeeded in being relevant in the coming weeks. They release 'their Achtung Baby' called Futurology on july 7th. Will the Next u2 - album sound like this album? Read the full review in this weeks NME.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

Looks like the Manic Street Preachers may have succeeded in being relevant in the coming weeks. They release 'their Achtung Baby' called Futurology on july 7th. Will the Next u2 - album sound like this album? Read the full review in this weeks NME.

Just because they write "their AB" doesn't mean relevancy, and it definitely doesn't mean U2 will sound like an album they probably haven't even heard?!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What exactly does relevance mean anyway? Not exactly sure what you mean by it being "their Achtung Baby" too, do you mean as in a reinvention (of which they've had plenty) or just because they've recorded it at Hansa?

Just because they write "their AB" doesn't mean relevancy, and it definitely doesn't mean U2 will sound like an album they probably haven't even heard?!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Think wolbers may've been referring to the critical feedback from the press, on second thought.

The manics are far from being relevant here in the uk. There in the same boat as u2.

What is relevance to you?

Nobody has really defined relevance here, is it album chart position? Critical attention? Prominence on the radio?

Does Futurology contain a slew of "power pop" numbers designed to take the MSP into the sacred BB Hot 40? If not, then I would wager that the new U2 album probably won't sound like it :shifty:

Does anyone else think that this guy from Star Trek Deep Space Nine looks like Joshua Tree/R&H era Bono?

ST+DS9+Past+Tense+3.png

There's Dax! I still remember her kissing that chick. That was one the truest HOLY SHIT moments I've ever experienced watching a TV show. These days, it's almost obligatory to have lesbian kisses but back in '95, it was really rare. That's still one of the best. Not because it's lurid or gratuitous or anything like the bullshit that happens today but because it was unexpected and sorta felt real. Awesomesauce.

I'd hold onto your balls, if you know what I mean...
:wink:

All signs have seemed to point for a fourth quarter release after they decided against releasing in the spring. a Q1 2015 approach a full year in advance made little to no sense.

I hear Bono's been seen holding onto
mozzarella balls
melon balls
ice cream balls
tomato balls
just so we can all get on board.

Whilst I don't think we'll get an album announcement in July (more likely August if it's to be this year) I do think we'll have to hear SOMETHING about the album, be it song titles, a leaked tentative release date, whatever....
It was late July/early August last year when the band started dropping quotes that made a 2013 release sound unlikely.

It's about statistics showing the interest in U2 in 2014. Strangely enough, Ireland is in the first spot. The numbers were gathered from analyzing Google searches for the band. The article claims that the general interest in U2 peaked in 2005 and had another, although smaller peak during the NLOTH phase and the 360 tour, but has since then gone down continuously.

So much for relevance, Bono.

Btw, the author of that article also says that the new album is due in September.

What about this process has made sense?

Everything made sense up until delaying the album out of a Q1-2014 release. Ordinary Love to get back into the news, Invisible and the Super Bowl, kicking off Fallon's show -- it all obviously pointed to something earlier this year. That all made sense.

Back
Top Bottom