Let's Wager Some Money / First single release speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're not alone :wink:

Every 20 minutes I'm thinking, "SHIT! IT MIGHT HAVE LEAKED! GOTTA GO CHECK!"

:|

I don't know about anyone else, but I've had a Mozilla browser open to WTAHAN for the past 3 days. I've clicked the refresh button probably more times than I've blinked in that time period.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've had a Mozilla browser open to WTAHAN for the past 3 days. I've clicked the refresh button probably more times than I've blinked in that time period.

:lmao: The user # on Blue Crack are insane . I check the number and think something must be happening .

still waiting .

Dang... not to denigrate any of the fine threads here, but I'm getting sick of refreshing and seeing the same darn topics!!! I want something new like "get the single here" or the like.... someone needs to work on that :D.

Dang... not to denigrate any of the fine threads here, but I'm getting sick of refreshing and seeing the same darn topics!!! I want something new like "get the single here" or the like.... someone needs to work on that :D.

Even better. . .in your INBOX!!!! :hmm:

Ugh. I checked interference from school today for the first time. Not good.

Actually, I shouldn't fool myself. U2 are the greatest group in the world; why not celebrate a healthy addiction to their music?

Actually, I shouldn't fool myself. U2 are the greatest group in the world; why not celebrate a healthy addiction to their music?

Meh, if you're on Interference it's not healthy :wink:

QFT... :yes:

Anyone have a feeling they might showcase GOYB at this Obama thing on Sunday? here in UK the BBC have reported that U2 will perform

I highly doubt it because:

1. The official press release says GOYB will make it's live debut at the BRIT Awards
2. Based on the duration of the ceremony (90 minutes) and the number of musical performers & speeches/dedications to be given, I suspect each artist will get one song each. Though perhaps there may be a collaboration or 2 as a finale
3. I doubt U2 would debut ANY single live before it's had radio play

I highly doubt it because:

1. The official press release says GOYB will make it's live debut at the BRIT Awards
2. Based on the duration of the ceremony (90 minutes) and the number of musical performers & speeches/dedications to be given, I suspect each artist will get one song each. Though perhaps there may be a collaboration or 2 as a finale
3. I doubt U2 would debut ANY single live before it's had radio play

not to mention the fact that it probably would have nothing to do with the moment. I think they have plenty of other songs in their catalog that are more appropriate.

Those in the Philly area

I e-mailed Sean "the Rabbi" Tyszler (music director) on Philadelphia's WMMR (93.3) radio station about U2's new single. He sent me the following response:

We are supposed to get it Monday 3:15AM. It may play once or twice in the overnight if the Jock on the air can get download it. I am in at 6AM & I will give it to Preston & Steve to play about 7AM & again maybe in the 9AM hour. I will play it several times throughout the day. That is all I know right now. Thanks for being a part of WMMR.

Sean "Rabbi" Tyszler
WMMR Music Director

:applaud:

Jan. 19 is the release date for the single as speculated!

:doh: Sorry if I didn't put it in the right section. I was just so excited! Besides, the threads get so crowded... I don't feel like going through pages and pages of speculation. I'm sure there's others who feel the same?

I e-mailed Sean "the Rabbi" Tyszler (music director) on Philadelphia's WMMR (93.3) radio station about U2's new single. He sent me the following response:

We are supposed to get it Monday 3:15AM. It may play once or twice in the overnight if the Jock on the air can get download it. I am in at 6AM & I will give it to Preston & Steve to play about 7AM & again maybe in the 9AM hour. I will play it several times throughout the day. That is all I know right now. Thanks for being a part of WMMR.

Sean "Rabbi" Tyszler
WMMR Music Director

:applaud:

So it seems like stations won't be getting it until the last minute as opposed to days before. I guess the chances of a leak seem unlikely.

Once again, thanks for the info, but it should be moved to the single release thread.

:doh: Sorry if I didn't put it in the right section. I was just so excited! Besides, the threads get so crowded... I don't feel like going through pages and pages of speculation. I'm sure there's others who feel the same?

im sure there are too. However, most people dont like wading through multiple threads about ther same thing to find information.

The reason it is contained to one thread is for organisation. We shouldnt have 10 threads on ostensibly the same subject

Back
Top Bottom