Lady With The Spinning Head - appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dude, listen to it

6 minutes of magic :drool:

specially that synth part where it all calms down

couldn't agree with you more...love the song and remix.

I was at a house club here in NYC in the early 2000s, let's just say it was rather late in the evening, when out of nowhere the remix was slowly weaved into the set...I've never seen a dance floor respond with so much enthusiasm, most people did not know what it was until bono's voice drifted in and then it was just wild...gave me chills.

it's great
with a proper chorus it would be even better than The Fly which is already my favourite on Achtung Baby

I listen to that song almost everyday, it's at the end of my three mile workouts...need that song for the last push!

SOOOOOOOO GUD

It's so awesome, it probably smashes the best put out by most bands in my opinion. :rockon:

And yes, the extended dance mix is the :drool:.

I could be having the worst day and if I play this song, it all gets better.

Btw, anyone have the remix/extended versions?

There are times when I'd rather hear this than The Fly or Until The End...and almost always rather than Zoo Station...

:reject:

Don't hide! I agree with you. It's an amazing song; a B-side that could have easily been an A-side.

The song is so amazing it makes me feel guilty that it's not on AB.

The song's full of passion in my opinion, what a waste of a great song not being put on an album, at least we can actually listen to it, it could've been kept secret and only ever heard by the band and the producers.

I should stop talking now.

I almost got kicked out of a club once for playing it over and over on the jukebox. I was just amazed to find it on there. :hyper:

there might have been some drink involved.:drunk:

:lol:

How many times did you play it?

The original went for about 4 minutes, and was pretty good imo. It's basically just a shorter version and more rock than dance. :wink:

:lol:

How many times did you play it?

I have no idea, really. :D I do remember there wasn't that much too choose from. Top 40 kind of music. Everytime someone played country or top 40 I'd play Lady..... Bartender told me to stop playing and pissing people off. That was not going to do. It was during Mardi Gras and we had hit several bars.
I played it one more time and we left. Still had fun though.
I wants what I wants.. just happened to be U2 that night :hyper:

the end of the EDM:

here she comes
lady luck again...

figure of eight
six and nine again...

:love::love::love:

Last edited:
Anybody care to share the remix? :flirt:

I just uploaded it for Carlos so here you go! :D

http://www.send space.com/file/s6gjqs

(take out the space)

By the way Carlos, I just realized I didn't put the space in when I PMed you the link so I think it might've just censored it out. :uhoh:
Oopsies. :reject:
Well it's here now if anyone wants it! :)

the end of the EDM:

here she comes
lady luck again...

figure of eight
six and nine again...

:love::love::love:

:applaud:

I have to stop myself from laughing out loud everytime I hear that lyric, I can picture B.Vox singing it with the biggest Fly grin on his face LOLOLO

There's no way I can stop myself when I hear that...I just laff and laff....:happy:

But yeah, it's a bit akward when I listen to it out in public walking by myself. People must think I'm a bit coocoo. :uhoh:

Oh btw, you did see the link I posted right?

There's no way I can stop myself when I hear that...I just laff and laff....:happy:

But yeah, it's a bit akward when I listen to it out in public walking by myself. People must think I'm a bit coocoo. :uhoh:

Oh btw, you did see the link I posted right?

YES! THANKS!

That lyric reminds me of the "wild thoughts escape" lyric from God Part 2...LOLOLO

Back
Top Bottom