''Kiss the Future'' Tour (now named U2 360° Tour)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree more, it's some sort of reward for those who have been coughing up the $$ for many years now. there are plenty of ppl there who just join up to be sure to get a presalecode, not sure how big of fans that makes them (not judging here) but it makes sense longtime members get priority (now let's wait and see if it works eh?) ;)

the big problem with that statement is that the fact that i haven't been coughing up the $$ for a crappy run website doesn't make me less of a fan.

I think it was like 1500-2000 depending on the size of the arena on the past 2 tours.

ah thanks, so that's wayyy more for stadiums!! hopefully GA won't run out then during the pre-sale. I hope...

I can see both sides of the U2.com debate as well. Makes sense for people who have given the site a billion dollars to get priority, but it's also kind of silly because U2.com doesn't give much incentive to join besides the possibility of a pre-sale, so there are tons of fans who don't want to pay $50 a year for basically nothing. If I would have known back in 2004 say that if I continued my U2.com membership I'd get tickets for 2009, well, then I might have kept it instead of just rejoining recently.

Oh well. I'm just worried about getting GA.

the big problem with that statement is that the fact that i haven't been coughing up the $$ for a crappy run website doesn't make me less of a fan.

exactly! If U2.com offered more besides a possible pre-sale every 4 years I might be more inclined to join.

I can see both sides of the U2.com debate as well. Makes sense for people who have given the site a billion dollars to get priority, but it's also kind of silly because U2.com doesn't give much incentive to join besides the possibility of a pre-sale, so there are tons of fans who don't want to pay $50 a year for basically nothing. If I would have known back in 2004 say that if I continued my U2.com membership I'd get tickets for 2009, well, then I might have kept it instead of just rejoining recently.
Well since they did presales for Vertigo for members, it was always pretty much a given that they'd be doing it again when they band toured again. The question was just when would that be. And it hasn't been $50 a year, it was originally $40 ($20 for former Propaganda members to make up for undelivered issues), but since its inception has been $32 to renew even as the new subscription cost jumped from $40 to $45, and just now to $50.
Plus they have given stuff with each subscription renewal.

Well since they did presales for Vertigo for members, it was always pretty much a given that they'd be doing it again when they band toured again. The question was just when would that be. And it hasn't been $50 a year, it was originally $40 ($20 for former Propaganda members to make up for undelivered issues), but since its inception has been $32 to renew even as the new subscription cost jumped from $40 to $45, and just now to $50.

well but, last time there was no tier system. I assumed there would be a pre-sale; that's why I joined last August. Had I known there would be a tier system I would have joined earlier.

yeah yeah, they do give stuff, but usually it's nothing fantastic. and I'm way too young to have been a member of Propaganda :shrug:

Sorry if I sound bitter, all I want is GA, I've been a fan of this band for over a decade and I'm only 20 :lol:

All, where did the Geselkirchen concert go?
I can't see it on the 360.u2.com site...
Would have been a backup for me.

The tiered system is probably the best way to keep tickets out of the scalpers hands. It allow u2.com some control over the flow of tickets being released and not the cluster that happened in 2005. It isn't a secret that the band and management were very unhappy with how everything went down and I'm assuming this is in response to that

I love U2 like crazy, but I am not a "senior", I just think newer fans should also have good chances to see U2, while many "older" fans have already seen a lot of concerts, so I see both sides.

i agree completely.

besides, they (U2) should be able to reserve enough tickets for ALL members. It's not that difficult...
I am also wondering what will happen with the concerts that will be announced soon...will there also be a presale for those concerts?

so if i can get 'bad' tickets via presale, should I take them or wait for next presale or general sale?

they could prevent all this by giving every member the opportunity to get tickets

Have you people never seen a tour announcement before?

They only list 1 show per venue to start with but then as soon as 1 sells out they open another date at that venue! there will be 2 or 3 shows at Wembley 2 at hampden park etc

I thought everyone knew this sort of thing!

This is the first time ever I'm going to a concert. I don't know this stuff. I'm already shit scared as hell that I'm not gonna get tickets, and they're not helping!!!

I think it was like 1500-2000 depending on the size of the arena on the past 2 tours.

I don't understand how it can happen that there will be more GA-tickets compared to previous tours? Previous tours had the stage completely at the end, even part on the seating section. That gives way more space than having a big part of the field occupied by the stage, like this time...

I don't understand how it can happen that there will be more GA-tickets compared to previous tours? Previous tours had the stage completely at the end, even part on the seating section. That gives way more space than having a big part of the field occupied by the stage, like this time...

The numbers I put down were for indoor arena shows in the US, not Europe's stadia.

So for 2010 we'll have:

Seattle
Oakland
San Diego
Salt Lake City
Denver
St. Louis
Minneapolis
Madison
Detroit
An Ohio City
Pittsburgh
Miami
Philadelphia
Upstate New York Show

Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg

As well as possible returns to New York, Boston, Chicago, Toronto and LA. Looks like 2010 is my year to see U2. The nearest '09 show to me is Chicago, 6 hours away, and I have to be a groomsman in my friend's wedding that night.

Riiiight, really crappy "gifts" not worth $32 plus "exclusive" content not worth $32 on a student budget. Not having maintained my membership since 2005 doesn't make me any less of a fan, it just makes me a less rich fan. I'm not the only one.

I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!!:mad: :wink:

I can not BELIEVE that of all the weeks they could have come to the Netherlands they chose this one. I am in France that week. Not that this is a bad thing but since I have seen them since 1987 I can not for the love of god miss out on a u2 tour.

hahaha. God I love this band..

I guess I will try london which Is my kind of town anyway :up:

I just got it!!!

I'm in the Horizon! :wave:
HOw do you tell what tier you're in? I was logged in 2 hours ago and it only gave me a code, not a horizon/boots/whatever level. With presale for Horizon starting tomorrow for some shows (right?), you'd think they'd get their shit together.

HOw do you tell what tier you're in? I was logged in 2 hours ago and it only gave me a code, not a horizon/boots/whatever level. With presale for Horizon starting tomorrow for some shows (right?), you'd think they'd get their shit together.

It says it in the email they send.

It says it in the email they send.
I haven't gotten the email...maybe I'm not getting it yet cause I'm not Horizon? my email address is verified and all that....has anyone from Breathe or Boots gotten their email?

I have my code from the site, but that doesn't tell me which morning I need to clear my schedule for to get tickets this week.

though, in my spam folder i have several intriguing emails: "How many orgasms can mann do?" and "she will moan of your skill."

Just got my presale email! Yes, I'm in the Horizon group!! I wasn't expecting to be in this group as I let my paid subscription to U2.com expire after the Vertigo tour and only paid the $50 renewal last week. I was a long-time member of Propaganda before joining U2.com when the site launched, so perhaps they took that into account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom