just got an underage last night!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reading through this thread I am reminded of someone in my dorm hall, who was so drunk they fell down the stairs last night.

As for campus police..... hell, I can't blame them for being stingy sometimes........................

yeah, honestly .34 is pretty serious.

I dunno, kids around here have been having keg parties since age 13 or 14 and the most the cops have ever done is told everyone to go home. (which is probably a little too lenient when it's middle school kids actually)

I don't think you should be too worried about your career. My sister has a masters degree in Criminal Justice and got accepted to law school. Check with your local PD anyway to see how the fine will appear on your record.

As for consulting an attorney, they probably will not be able to do much for you because if the police knew there was alcohol at the party and you were with someone who was stumbling and slurring they had cause to test you. Question though, did they ask for your ID before they tested you?

WildHoneyAlways said:
I don't think you should be too worried about your career. My sister has a masters degree in Criminal Justice and got accepted to law school. Check with your local PD anyway to see how the fine will appear on your record.

As for consulting an attorney, they probably will not be able to do much for you because if the police knew there was alcohol at the party and you were with someone who was stumbling and slurring they had cause to test you. Question though, did they ask for your ID before they tested you?

the guy with the 3.4 wasnt with us, he was inside the house. yeah, they got all my info before the test.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Our schools' Criminal Justice program dissolved when two of the professors got caught with drugs and one had been convicted of rape. Oops. :huh:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Our schools' Criminal Justice program dissolved when two of the professors got caught with drugs and one had been convicted of rape. Oops. :huh:

Holy crap! :huh: That's crazy! I swear the worst thing my sister has ever done is get drinking tickets!

JMScoopy said:

when he asked you if you had anything to drink, i would've said "yeah i had a pepsi about a half hour ago."

at which point you would have been given every single ticket you could have possibly gotten.

when dealing with the law, it's best to be as respectful as possible. sarcasm will only lead to more problems.

in many states if you get arrested underage they will offer you a conditional dissmisal of charges provinding that you don't get into any sort of trouble for a full year. i'd look into that.

when i got a ticket for underaged drinking at college in new hampshire i had to go to some rinky dink little shit hole court room in the small town where the college was located. the judge, being used to these type of offenses, let me off with a fine and a slap on the wrist. my offense was taken off my record once i turned 21.. which was only a few months later.

if you have to go to some sort of county court or a court in a large city, the judge probably won't be as forgiving and you might want to consider a lawyer in that case.

one drink equals .02 to the average person... so a .34 would be somewhere in the area of 17 full sized drinks. i can't say it's wrong, 'cause i've probably done it at one point or another back in college... but it never really leads to good things... just fat things. :ohmy:

anyhoo... when you go to court, wear a shirt and tie and always answer the judge with "... your honor." might sound cheesey but anything you can do to make yourself look better in the eyes of the judge you should do.

Last edited:
JMScoopy said:
but i dont wanna lose my license for a few months. cause im gonna drive anyway, fuck em'.
yeah fuck the police, where do they get off, doing their jobs! you'll show em! :cool:

not to mention if you're a criminology major worried about how this might affect your future career, add on getting pulled over for driving with a revoked licence! it'll look great.

speaking of underage drinking.

[q]

UGA Student Found Dead in Dorm

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) - University of Georgia police said the death of a freshman in his dormitory room early Sunday may have been caused by alcohol.

Lewis Rockwell Fish, 19, of Atlanta was pronounced dead at Russell Hall at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, said Tom Jackson, a University of Georgia spokesman.

UGA police, responding to a call of a sick person at the residence hall, arrived at 8:30 a.m.

"It appears alcohol may have been involved," Jackson said.

School officials said Fish was not a member of a fraternity and apparently was not at any Athens bars Saturday night.

No further details have been released.

UGA president Michael Adams last year said his top concerns at the university included underage and binge drinking. The school has taken steps in recent months to raise student awareness of the dangers of excessive alcohol

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)[/q]

thanks for all the good advice. hopefully the judge wont be a prick like the cop was.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah fuck the police, where do they get off, doing their jobs! you'll show em! :cool:

not to mention if you're a criminology major worried about how this might affect your future career, add on getting pulled over for driving with a revoked licence! it'll look great.

yeah, where do they get off stopping us for no reason?

seriously, i dont really care about a fine (unless it gets pretty large), what i do care about is getting a suspended license. i gotta drive to work and i gotta drive to teach karate. what am i gonna do, just not go? and dont give me that shit about " well you should've thought about that before drinking." dont tell me you've never had a drink underage before.

i dont see what the hell drinking underage has to do with your drivers license. i guess it's a "deterence" thing.

im a pretty good driver, and ive never gotten a ticket before, but i can see me getting my license suspended and then driving to work or something and getting pulled over for some chickenshit violation. then the officers like "well looky looky what we got here!"

Last edited:
JMScoopy said:

the parents probably baught the kegs! :laugh:

That's how it was at my school. These rich-bitch PTA moms with nothing better to do with all their spare time and their mansions than live vicariously through their spoiled ass children :rolleyes:

I'm not bitter, I swear!

wtf!? Where in the hell are the parents!

Their kids probably lied about where they were going! I know my friends and I used to tell our parents we were sleeping at eachother's houses when we went to parties where we would be drinking. They never questioned it because they trusted we were being honest. I feel bad now! :(

I know when my kids are teens I will look back on the things I got up to and be VERY careful about where I let them go and what I let them do!

I really can't believe how they think you're responsible enough to drive a car at 16 (when you could literally kill someone), but not responsible enough to drink until you're 21. Sounds like bullshit to me.

I can't believe that a ticket/fine for drinking underage would be attached to a license suspension, if the person weren't driving, or showing an intent to drive. :huh: What if they were simply outside, waiting for a ride, or a taxi? In other words, doing the responsible thing.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way here in Canada. Can any other Canadians out there confirm this??

Joha_U2 said:
I really can't believe how they think you're responsible enough to drive a car at 16 (when you could literally kill someone), but not responsible enough to drink until you're 21. Sounds like bullshit to me.

:up:

also you can go to war, kill people & get killed yourself for the armed forces 3 years before you can legally drink.

bullshit.

I've read what everyone has to say here and I see all sides of it. I've been a teen, underage, having done my fair share of drinking and drugs while dodging the rules and the law. I was lucky. Now I'm an adult and a parent of a college student who I worry about all the time. He's done his share of drugs and drinking, however one thing I am so proud of is that my son "parties responsibly". He knows his limits. He doesn't drive or go out where he can get hurt or hurt others. He's seen too many of his own friends get sick, OD, wreck their cars (and lives), get picked up for DUIs, or get busted for possession. He looks forward to his 21st birthday, to being "legal", but it will be no big deal he says. He wants to work on legalizing marijuana in his lifetime, and he also believes the drinking age should be lowered to 18.

I just wonder about lowering the drinking age --what would this do to really change things tho......would it encourage even more kids to drink at even younger ages?

JMScoopy said:
thanks dont tell me you've never had a drink underage before.

i dont see what the hell drinking underage has to do with your drivers license. i guess it's a "deterence" thing.

im a pretty good driver, and ive never gotten a ticket before, but i can see me getting my license suspended and then driving to work or something and getting pulled over for some chickenshit violation. then the officers like "well looky looky what we got here!"

In the event your license is suspended you should certainly not even consider driving on a suspended license. That would be most foolish and reckless.

i'm not going to try to be the morality police... you can do what you want.

you will be fucked even more if you get pulled over with a suspended liscense, but if that's what you want to do, go nuts. just study the consequences fully before you do, and if you still think it's worth it, then... again... go nuts.

as for the cop... he's really just doing his job. :shrug: i got cuffed up for underage drinking twice when i was at college, so i'm certainly not going to tell you to stop drinking underage. you can do what you want. the one time i was just stupid... first night of school and i decide to whip out a beer on a busy street and drink it... big mistake. the second time i was at a party, trying to be "responsible" and the cops raided the party because it was apparently too loud and a few neighbors complained. small town college, small town cops with nothing better to do. took me down to the station and this time let me go without giving me a ticket.

did i stop drinking for the month left between the second time and my 21st birthday? lol... yea right. and i would imagine you won't stop either. but as annoying as it might have been, i was, and you are, still technicaly breaking the law... so it's not the cops fault.

and if you are outside the house, they don't need a reason to approach you, and once they approach you they could smell the alcohol, and that's all the reason they need to arrest you.

VintagePunk said:
I can't believe that a ticket/fine for drinking underage would be attached to a license suspension, if the person weren't driving, or showing an intent to drive. :huh: What if they were simply outside, waiting for a ride, or a taxi? In other words, doing the responsible thing.

It's probably for 2 reasons:

Most of the people I know who drank a lot underage never thought twice about not driving (this is mostly in HS though, I'd hope college age people would have more sense).

Since you can't have your drinking privileges taken away since you didn't have them to begin with, the only way to deal with the consequences of your actions is to lose the right to some other privilege - driving. In my little brother's case, this worked wonders. Given, he's 18, not months shy of 21, so he has to deal with only being able to drive to and from work (he doesn't go to school) and really think about the negative consequences of his actions. If he only had to pay a small fine, I'm sure he'd be out drinking and driving the very next weekend! Driving is not a right, it's a privilege and unfortunately the legal system has no problem treating it as such.

Honestly I don't believe that lowering the drinking age is a good idea. Yeah I see the points with you can go to war and die. But even then I think 18 years old is too damn young to be shipped off to Iraq. But you know when you drink underage you gotta be prepared for the consequences. Won't lie and say that I didn't do it because I did. Agree with the suspended license too when you get caught. Sorry but if you want to play a grown up game than that's what's going to happen. This isn't to say anything against the original poster or anyone else in here. Just merely stating a point that's all.

As for the cop like Headache said he was only doing his job. I have a brother who is a cop and he used to work at a beach during the summer. The beach he worked at was a big party town so he busted A LOT of underage drinkers! Said he even felt sorry a couple of times for some whose parents came and got them. The parents raised hell right then and there and that was only the beginning! But he was decent about the drinking if he felt you weren't drunk. Would tell you to go home and that he catches you again than you are getting busted. It's their asses on the line if something happens because you were drinking underage.

JMScoopy said:
yeah, where do they get off stopping us for no reason?

seriously, i dont really care about a fine (unless it gets pretty large), what i do care about is getting a suspended license. i gotta drive to work and i gotta drive to teach karate. what am i gonna do, just not go? and dont give me that shit about " well you should've thought about that before drinking." dont tell me you've never had a drink underage before.

you had some party pooper neighbours who sought fit to call the cops on you guys. surely you knew the consequences of getting caught drinking underage, especially since you're a criminology major.

i mean it sounds like to me you were at a campus party where there was drinking, and some people in the building thought you guys were too noisy or something so they called the cops on you. if you didn't want to get busted, you should've either not drank underage in the first place, or done it in a quieter setting where there would've been less/no risk of the cops being called.

Originally posted by JMScoopy

You're not serious about those statements, are you? You're just emotionally venting

thanks dont tell me you've never had a drink underage before.

Are you actually trying to say that this is not abig deal "because everybody does it" ?

For Honor said:
You're not serious about those statements, are you? You're just emotionally venting

Are you actually trying to say that this is not abig deal "because everybody does it" ?

I think you should have a beer.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i mean it sounds like to me you were at a campus party where there was drinking, and some people in the building thought you guys were too noisy or something so they called the cops on you. if you didn't want to get busted, you should've either not drank underage in the first place, or done it in a quieter setting where there would've been less/no risk of the cops being called.

accually it was at my friends house thats about 1/2 mile from campus. it was a pre-steelers game party. the last time i went to a party and drank here was halloween, so i dont drink too often. when you go to a party once every couple of months, no you dont really think about getting caught!

anyway i went to karate (im a 2nd degree black belt) tonight and did some furious punching, kicking, and forms for about 3 hours, which relieved most of my anger. i think i scared a couple of the people there, but i feel much better. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom