June 29, 2011 - Sun Life Stadium - Miami, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Fins fan, I love the orange seats. As a Marlins fan, not so much!

Yeah, Joe Pro Dolphin(s) LandShark Life Stadium has had about 10 too many name changes. To me, it's always Pro Player Stadium or Dolphin Stadium.

All this talk is getting me so excited. It's finally here!!

:lol: You and me both! I felt like that day would never come! I wish that i could go to more U2 concerts but i am to young :lol:

btw: Go fin fans!!! :rockon:

:lol: You and me both! I felt like that day would never come! I wish that i could go to more U2 concerts but i am to young :lol:

Same here - though if they even decide to perform here in Puerto Rico (they are the only "big name" in music that haven't performed here - we've gotten everything) I think I'll obviously go. :wink:

Haha this is concert #1 for me with U2! I'm 18 (19 tomorrow, actually). Otherwise, I would've been to so many more. I almost went to Tampa, but it just wasn't very practical. I'll be there in New Meadowlands as well though for Part II of my U2 concert summer :)

And hell yeah, go Dolphins!

Haha this is concert #1 for me with U2! I'm 18 (19 tomorrow, actually). Otherwise, I would've been to so many more. I almost went to Tampa, but it just wasn't very practical. I'll be there in New Meadowlands as well though for Part II of my U2 concert summer :)

And hell yeah, go Dolphins!

Mine 2 man! I think there going to play "Staring At The Sun" :hmm:

I expect a surprise in Miami, I really do.

Same here - I would like to hear Staring at the Sun, but if it appears I suppose it will take the place of Stay, which I hope it doesn't. I prefer Stay over SATS, though.

I'm in the minority but I'm looking forward to hearing Pride - always been one of my favorites. And since Ultraviolet hasn't been played, I'm really looking forward to seeing Hold Me, Thrill Me as well. I'm bringing my Sony Cybershot to the show, and I'm planning to take videos on the following songs (if the setlist doesn't change):

Space Oddity / EBTTRT
Mysterious Ways
Until The End Of The World
Stay (maybe)
Pride
Questions / Zooropa
COBL (maybe)
One (maybe)
Streets
HMTMKMKM
With Or Without You

Though I'll multi-task and try to enjoy the show - by maybe not paying attention to what I'm filming. :wink:

I'm taking videos of random songs as well! Probably about 4 to 6 songs.

Quite honestly, I'm excited for anything they play. I love Pride. I love SATS. I love Stay.

I really, really want Bad or Gloria, although I doubt it happens. Maybe in New York?

breathe said:
I am making my dad record :wink:

:lol: I'm not, I'll just film with my hand up, not paying attention to what I'm filming..though the folks behind me can give me tips or tell me to lower it. :wink:

Where are you guys sitting?

Nosebleeds! :wink: Section 437, Row 11. The view and sound must be great though - experienced something like GA at one of these local university-supported concerts a few months ago, felt uncomfortable. Always been a "sitting guy" at concerts.

OnlyU2

Am coming from Australia to see the show (amongst other things). The Will Call box office is located at Gate H and will be open four hours before the show. Can we expect a sold out show? The stadium looks perfect for 360.

Sorry for my late reply, busy organizing hotels and transport in Miami.
But thank you for the information!
Still can't belive I booked this trip, Iám going to see U2!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper::edge::adam::rimshot::bono::dancing::dancing::d

Awesome!

SunLife Stadium is very well put together with signage and the sort. As someone already said, near Gate H. It will be a booth right outside of the stadium, facing the stadium as opposed to being attached. You'll either follow the signs or see it pretty easily if you're around the right gate.

To be honest, taxis and public transportation aren't Miami's thing (or Florida's, for that matter). They'll likely be there, but you might have to call one in. And it will likely be a little more expensive than you expected, although that really depends upon how far your hotel is from SunLife.

Finding a hotel would be another thing. SunLife is NOT in Miami. It's in Opa Locka/Miami Gardens. Miami is still a good 30 minutes southeast from SunLife, and Ft. Lauderdale is a good 30 minutes northeast. There are hotels around the stadium though. There's hotels just about everywhere, really.

Again, there is no public transportation in Florida, unless you're actually in the city of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, or West Palm Beach. And even then, it's pretty weak. Depending upon how long you're staying, you might be better off renting a car. Everything in South Florida, and Florida in general, is very spaced out. Taxis, when present, are very expensive.

Sorry sorry sorry for my very late reply.:down: ( I was just too busy searcing for the best option)
Thank you so much for your very pesific information, it helped me allot deciding what to do about hotels and transport. :up:
Just booked a car, and Hotel near the stadium.
jsut 2 weeks to go :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Sorry sorry sorry for my very late reply.:down: ( I was just too busy searcing for the best option)
Thank you so much for your very pesific information, it helped me allot deciding what to do about hotels and transport. :up:
Just booked a car, and Hotel near the stadium.
jsut 2 weeks to go :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

No problem at all, just glad to have been able to help!

El Palacio right next to the stadium (.5 miles) still has rooms for $99+

Great option if you are doing GA, or dont want to drive period

Faraway, so close...thought I'd make a little comparison in terms of floor capacity - compared to past shows at Sun Life Stadium.

So I found this on Google Images a few minutes ago...this shows the set-up map for Madonna's show at Sun Life Stadium in 2008. With all those sections on the field, the total field seating (as stated in the image) is 10,500!

Madonna2008-Miami_05-19-08.jpg

U2's stage will be much larger than Madonna's (obviously) but U2 will not have field seating, so either way it looks like there will be much more than 5,000 fans on the field as I thought there would be. It's gonna be one packed floor! :hyper:

Yeah, people standing = 2x seating, too.

I'm fairly certain Madonna broke 100,000 as well although don't quote me on that.

Also, U2's stage is much bigger, however it increases regular stadium capacity by 10-15% because of the claw's design.

I'm fairly certain Madonna broke 100,000 as well although don't quote me on that.

Also, U2's stage is much bigger, however it increases regular stadium capacity by 10-15% because of the claw's design.

Madonna played to 48K, Macca 40K

total seating capacity is 78,000 with no kills + maybe 10K on the field, according to what the fire marshall permits

Plenty of seats still available in most price ranges. 65-75K would be my guess

Madonna, Paul Oakenfold
Dolphin Stadium
Miami, Fla.
Nov. 26, 2008
$6,137,030
47,998 /
1 /
$350, $55
Live Nation Global Touring

Back to the topic...I can't wait to go back to Miami! This will be my second time ever, and while I've seen mostly everything already, I'll try to go to South Beach this time around - drove past it in 2008 but I was there during Hip Hop weekend or whatever you call that weekend before Memorial Day, crazy full. :lol:

I'm already getting into U2 mode ahead of the show - I was playing "Mofo" this morning on my iPod, which was connected to the radio - and my mom said "Change that, that's too wild". I then changed the song and Lady Gaga's "Judas" started playing - she was like "Much better!" The irony - even with her musical tastes, she is coming to see the show with me and my Dad..she can't even last a minute listening to anything from Pop! :wink:

47,000? What??

Maybe it was another act I was thinking of. When MarlinsBaseball.com search returns to functionality, I'll search for the discussion and find out exactly what I'm talking about.

prbiker15 said:
Faraway, so close...thought I'd make a little comparison in terms of floor capacity - compared to past shows at Sun Life Stadium.

So I found this on Google Images a few minutes ago...this shows the set-up map for Madonna's show at Sun Life Stadium in 2008. With all those sections on the field, the total field seating (as stated in the image) is 10,500!

U2's stage will be much larger than Madonna's (obviously) but U2 will not have field seating, so either way it looks like there will be much more than 5,000 fans on the field as I thought there would be. It's gonna be one packed floor! :hyper:

I went to the madonna's concert, bring a dolphin stadium veteran I can agree :)

Hey, guys!

A bit late to this thread, I see.

I´m flying in from Honduras early morning on the 29th. I plan to be on the GA line at about 8 am to try get inside the circle.

Is anyone elsge going alone? My ticket still says Long Shark (I think that´s what it says, I don´t have it with me at the moment) so I´m not sure if they´ll just take it at the gate or I´ll have to go through some redeeming process.

Anyway, if anyone wants to meet up at the GA line feel free to me add to either msn or facebook: cf_177@hotmail.com or Carlos Fernández | Facebook

EDIT: Scratch that, make that "PLEASE add me..."

My ticket still says Long Shark (I think that´s what it says, I don´t have it with me at the moment) so I´m not sure if they´ll just take it at the gate or I´ll have to go through some redeeming process.
It was actually Land Shark, and now it's Sun Life Stadium (They changed the name in February 2010). And yes, they will honor the ticket since the show was postponed, you do not have to go through a redeeming process or anything like that. Just present the ticket that you have and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom