June 29, 2011 - Sun Life Stadium - Miami, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh so close!! ....yet so faraway...

anyone know how the acoustics will be? I have never been to an outdoor show and I dont know if the humidity has any impact. Also, we in Miami are known for our summer rain storms that can be pretty intense, I sure hope we dont get drenched!

Also, would love to have some sort of meet up before the show but maybe its a little too early to plan all that :D

ahhh so close!! ....yet so faraway...

anyone know how the acoustics will be? I have never been to an outdoor show and I dont know if the humidity has any impact. Also, we in Miami are known for our summer rain storms that can be pretty intense, I sure hope we dont get drenched!

Also, would love to have some sort of meet up before the show but maybe its a little too early to plan all that :D

I really can't wait to go back to Miami, especially to see the show. :hyper: Don't know how the acoustics at Sun Life are during shows, but I don't think they're bad. And yes, the summer rain storms over there are just intense. Hope we don't get rained on at the show.

The acoustics at SunLife... they appeared great for the Superbowl shows... other than that I've only seen a mini-concert after a Marlins game there.

Actually, scratch that. I got a glimpse of Marc Anthony doing the national anthem during Monday Night Football in the upper decks. Acoustics are good, I'd say.

The acoustics at SunLife... they appeared great for the Superbowl shows... other than that I've only seen a mini-concert after a Marlins game there.

Actually, scratch that. I got a glimpse of Marc Anthony doing the national anthem during Monday Night Football in the upper decks. Acoustics are good, I'd say.

Sounds good then. :up:

I posted in what you want already but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone knows of an available GA ticket for this show, my friend is trying to come with us!

23 days! :hyper: :applaud:

Can't wait either, When do you think that you will start queueing for the Miami show?

I've always been a "sitting" kind of guy at concerts, though I'll stand up if I have to. I'll be in the nosebleeds with my dad, while my mom and my uncle are in a seperate section, nosebleeds as well.

Hello everyone!
I just booked my flight to Miami!:hyper:
To see the band for one more time ( sorry I can't get enough of them).
I've never been to Florida, or the US for that matter. So it's really exiting to go and leave in just about 2 and half weeks.
I just bought the really cheap seattickets at the back of the stage, just incase I don't find a pair of GA's. (HINT: I'am looking for 2 GA to Miami!)
But I was wondering where this"wil call" office is, and when its open to get my tickets? I can't find any info on the TM site.
I'm also wondering what sort of transport I can use to get back to the hotel after the show ( stil not find a good hotel, so any tips are much apriciated!). Is there a good public transport system in Miami? or are the plenty taxi's avalible after a show? I found it very hard to find taxi's at all the european shows I've been to.
So that was it for me for now, any info will be much apriciated!
Thank you.

OnlyU2

Am coming from Australia to see the show (amongst other things). The Will Call box office is located at Gate H and will be open four hours before the show. Can we expect a sold out show? The stadium looks perfect for 360.

OnlyU2

Am coming from Australia to see the show (amongst other things). The Will Call box office is located at Gate H and will be open four hours before the show. Can we expect a sold out show? The stadium looks perfect for 360.

I think this show will be sold out - ticket sales have been really good in the past few weeks. I've only been to Sun Life Stadium once (back in 2006) and to me it's a HUGE stadium. All I can say is, the show has changed plenty since the Australian shows (not sure if you saw the show in 2010) and Miami crowds are always great from my knowledge.

It will be a great show! 19 more days till I fly in and 20 more days till the show!

Hello everyone!
I just booked my flight to Miami!:hyper:
Awesome!

I just bought the really cheap seattickets at the back of the stage, just incase I don't find a pair of GA's. (HINT: I'am looking for 2 GA to Miami!)
But I was wondering where this"wil call" office is, and when its open to get my tickets? I can't find any info on the TM site.

SunLife Stadium is very well put together with signage and the sort. As someone already said, near Gate H. It will be a booth right outside of the stadium, facing the stadium as opposed to being attached. You'll either follow the signs or see it pretty easily if you're around the right gate.

I'm also wondering what sort of transport I can use to get back to the hotel after the show ( stil not find a good hotel, so any tips are much apriciated!). Is there a good public transport system in Miami? or are the plenty taxi's avalible after a show? I found it very hard to find taxi's at all the european shows I've been to.

To be honest, taxis and public transportation aren't Miami's thing (or Florida's, for that matter). They'll likely be there, but you might have to call one in. And it will likely be a little more expensive than you expected, although that really depends upon how far your hotel is from SunLife.

Finding a hotel would be another thing. SunLife is NOT in Miami. It's in Opa Locka/Miami Gardens. Miami is still a good 30 minutes southeast from SunLife, and Ft. Lauderdale is a good 30 minutes northeast. There are hotels around the stadium though. There's hotels just about everywhere, really.

Again, there is no public transportation in Florida, unless you're actually in the city of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, or West Palm Beach. And even then, it's pretty weak. Depending upon how long you're staying, you might be better off renting a car. Everything in South Florida, and Florida in general, is very spaced out. Taxis, when present, are very expensive.

I think this show will be sold out - ticket sales have been really good in the past few weeks. I've only been to Sun Life Stadium once (back in 2006) and to me it's a HUGE stadium. All I can say is, the show has changed plenty since the Australian shows (not sure if you saw the show in 2010) and Miami crowds are always great from my knowledge.

It will be a great show! 19 more days till I fly in and 20 more days till the show!

It's going to sell out for sure. I've looked at tickets for tons of venues for U2 and they've been the most expensive for Miami.

It is huge. It will likely fit 100k+.

It's going to sell out for sure. I've looked at tickets for tons of venues for U2 and they've been the most expensive for Miami.

It is huge. It will likely fit 100k+.

The fees for Miami are ridiculous, in my opinion. And I think at least 75,000 will be in attendance - I don't think Sun Life can hold more than 100,000.

Small situation - I had bought the tickets for the show back in February 2010, and me and my dad decided to get them at the venue on show day. That never happened, obviously because the tour was postponed. The dates were rescheduled, got an email saying the tickets are still valid, but in April we bought two more tickets for two other relatives. When we pick up the tickets on show day, will we still get both orders, or the recently-purchased order? Never understood Ticketmaster, but since the original tickets are still valid, then I guess we can still obtain them.

SunLife Stadium in seating alone holds, I believe, 77,200 total (just checked, 75,000 is the actual number). It is, I believe, the fifth? largest professional Stadium in the country.

That's not including General Admission. It's a football field. It can definitely fit 100K+, and considering the stage setup of the claw, this concert has the chance to break the SunLife Stadium attendance record. Paul McCartney broke 100K, if I recall.

Wrestlemanis 28 also has a chance to break the record next year.

SunLife Stadium in seating alone holds, I believe, 77,200 total (just checked, 75,000 is the actual number). It is, I believe, the fifth? largest professional Stadium in the country.

That's not including General Admission. It's a football field. It can definitely fit 100K+, and considering the stage setup of the claw, this concert has the chance to break the SunLife Stadium attendance record. Paul McCartney broke 100K, if I recall.

Wrestlemanis 28 also has a chance to break the record next year.

Dude i hate calling it "Sun Life Stadium" To me its Dolphin Stadium! :lol: And yes its a really big stadium i have been there plenty of times to go to the football games and I saw Paul McCartney last year.

Great place 2! I love the orange seats. :wink:

OMG only 20 days? I bought my tickets 2 years ago!

I bought mine about 15 months ago. So excited it's finally going to happen! I think one of the great things is that this show is post-Glastonbury, and the fact that there's a large chance we may hear Zooropa! I'm dying to hear this song live, I can tell YouTube videos does not do the show justice.

Dude i hate calling it "Sun Life Stadium" To me its Dolphin Stadium! :lol: And yes its a really big stadium i have been there plenty of times to go to the football games and I saw Paul McCartney last year.

Great place 2! I love the orange seats. :wink:

As a Fins fan, I love the orange seats. As a Marlins fan, not so much!

Yeah, Joe Pro Dolphin(s) LandShark Life Stadium has had about 10 too many name changes. To me, it's always Pro Player Stadium or Dolphin Stadium.

All this talk is getting me so excited. It's finally here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom