July 8th and 9th-Hippodrome-Montreal-Part 6 (PLEBA warning)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ At a couple shows I went to they let you bring in one water bottle (sometimes they made you take the cap off, not sure why)

Ah that makes sense! :D Taking the cap off prevents you from using the bottle as a projectile, as the water will leak out. Would be nice if they allow water in, or like in Germany, where they allowed soft foods. I brought in grapes, brilliant source of water and energy!

^ At a couple shows I went to they let you bring in one water bottle (sometimes they made you take the cap off, not sure why)

I bring extra caps with me. :nerd:

Target Field sells Aquafina, so I'll have extra Aquafina caps in my pocket for Saturday's Twins game.

For anything you want to bring into the stadium, you can always do the "put feminine hygiene products on top of whatever in your bag." Works every time.

^ I love you more and more every day.

Of course, I will need to introduce you better whiskeys than Jack :shifty:

and yeah, kramwest, just gotta remember to hide away an extra bottle cap.

My brother just sent me a really cool satchel/shoulder bag - PERFECT size for camera / wallet / granola bar!

We didn't find suitable horns, so we are ordering them online!:wink:

:mac:

Ps. Amy and I were talking in Starbucks and decided all us Plebans needs to wear something the same for one of the shows :sexywink:

:up:

...and hockey shirts for whoever wants at Montreal 2!:wink:

Can i have Mike Fisher in my shirt :drool:

a flight... i haz one. Wild, I'll have to crash in your bathtub on the night of the 5th if that's okay. *bats eyelashes*

If you prefer a bed there is room in mine :sexywink: or Jem's , no need to sleep in bath unless you want to :lol:

I need some travel advice. It's more expensive to fly to Montreal and back from Toronto than to go R/T to and from Toronto. So i'm thinking of flying to Toronto on Fri 7/1, seeing a Blue Jays game on Sat then to Montreal on Sun or Mon, then back and leaving Toronto 7/12 or 13. My questions are:

1. Train R/T is $156 non refundable, Megabus could be $10-30 each way. Which am I better off with? I've read about express trains, but I don't see any on ViaRail. The durations look similar

2. Is 3 full days enough to see Montreal where if I never went back I wouldn't feel bad. Or should I leave Toronto on Sunday.

I feel like for a 11-12 day trip, I'm wasting a lot of time in transport that I should forget Toronto. The thing is though, all of a sudden I can't use miles on the days I need to go to Montreal, but Toronto is wide open, so it's kinda like I have to do this schedule.

Sorry for the long math problem, but I tend to think things to deep and lose sight of the obvious solutions. I'm trying to save costs but I want to see as much as I can.

I need some travel advice. It's more expensive to fly to Montreal and back from Toronto than to go R/T to and from Toronto. So i'm thinking of flying to Toronto on Fri 7/1, seeing a Blue Jays game on Sat then to Montreal on Sun or Mon, then back and leaving Toronto 7/12 or 13. My questions are:

1. Train R/T is $156 non refundable, Megabus could be $10-30 each way. Which am I better off with? I've read about express trains, but I don't see any on ViaRail. The durations look similar

2. Is 3 full days enough to see Montreal where if I never went back I wouldn't feel bad. Or should I leave Toronto on Sunday.

I feel like for a 11-12 day trip, I'm wasting a lot of time in transport that I should forget Toronto. The thing is though, all of a sudden I can't use miles on the days I need to go to Montreal, but Toronto is wide open, so it's kinda like I have to do this schedule.

Sorry for the long math problem, but I tend to think things to deep and lose sight of the obvious solutions. I'm trying to save costs but I want to see as much as I can.

FWIW-

I think the Toronto show is going to be similar to MTL1, but it will be fun because of all of the fans there, and it looks to be a really fun city.

But, any time you can use your miles these days, I say go for it. I've resorted to getting merchandise with my miles because it's often too much of a pain in the ass to use them for flights.

I often spend too much time on the road when traveling rather than in the intended destination (we're flying in/out of Syracuse, NY btw), but that usually means I just try and enjoy myself more when I finally get to wherever I'm going. I don't mind a little time on the road if it saves some big money on the airfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom