July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB II: Camping Out For U2 ... For Real!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you guys, it's sooooo important to be number 1 on the list! Everyone knows that means that Bono shakes your hand and gives you a prize.

Someone's got to run the line, and thumbs up to the people who take on the task. Lord knows I don't want to do it.

But not those who decides it needs to start multiple days in advance, and say "well, someone is going to start the line eventually," because god forbid someone else starts it and you are number 25 on the list instead of number 1.

Anyway.

I AM EXCITED. WHOO.

I bought a headlamp tonight. I AM READY TO CAMP. WHOO.

But you guys, it's sooooo important to be number 1 on the list! Everyone knows that means that Bono shakes your hand and gives you a prize.

I'm kind of kicking myself for not asking my relative who is friends with Bono to inquire about meeting him at the Moncton show!

Someone's got to run the line, and thumbs up to the people who take on the task. But not those who decides it needs to start multiple days in advance, and say "well, someone is going to start the line eventually," because god forbid someone else starts it and you are number 25 on the list instead of number 1.

Anyway.

I AM EXCITED. WHOO.

I bought a headlamp tonight. I AM READY TO CAMP. WHOO.

I heard he makes sweet love to you. Enjoy it, dude.

I'm kind of kicking myself for not asking my relative who is friends with Bono to inquire about meeting him at the Moncton show!

What are you waiting for???? It's not too late! Use your connections! :)

I heard he makes sweet love to you. Enjoy it, dude.

I love you.

Oops, that was supposed to turn out to be all one post. Corifail.

Haha awesome.

It's sort of a distant relative....like my parents know his parents and send christmas letters and stuff.

One year we got pictures in a Christmas newsletter of their son's wedding. Bono and the Edge were in the photo circa Joshua Tree.

As well you should. I do not begrudge anyone their number. I only begrudge the need of some to be all ridiculous and shit about the line.

I'm worried (well, not really. It's a mild concern) that with not being able to leave your car at your spot, how the hell do you identify your tent at night after the show, one small tent in a sea of tents?

At least a car is somewhat easier to recognize, especially with a license plate.

I'm worried (well, not really. It's a mild concern) that with not being able to leave your car at your spot, how the hell do you identify your tent at night after the show, one small tent in a sea of tents?

At least a car is somewhat easier to recognize, especially with a license plate.

Yeah good point. I think I'm going to make a flag or bring a few flags or something.

I'd buy a little Irish flag to put up, but some jerkwad would probably steal it. :grumpy:

Plus, I'm sure there would be 500 other Irish flags as well. Maybe I'll buy a Lebanese flag, just to be different.

Can you tell I'm not a camper? I'm sitting here thinking:

"So you just leave your tent unattended? Like, all day??? Can I leave my camping stuff there? Do I need to lug it back and forth to my car?????"

Too much X-Files watching back in the day. Trust No One. ;)

Haha, I think it should be a pretty trustworthy crowd. I think they have security at the site too.

I wouldn't leave anything really valuable all day, but your stuff should be safe!

Also, bring lots of tarps, that is all I can say. If it is going to rain you want to be dry haha.

Tarps???? But ..... if I have a tent, doesn't that make me dry by default?

I am SO not a camper.

Oh, and: Seattle.

Tarps???? But ..... if I have a tent, doesn't that make me dry by default?

I am SO not a camper.

Oh, and: Seattle.

Haha. Well if it is raining lots you're going to want tarps both under and over your tent. The one layer of a tent + the fly over it will protect you somewhat, but you'll still get wet.

I have a tent, a sleeping bag, an air mattress sort of thing for underneath it, a headlamp, a towel, a poncho .... and I plan on getting lots of small stuff (snacks, bug spray, paper towels, whatever) at WalMart on the way there.

Also, I don't know what the hell I'd be able to tie tarps to to put over the tent, as I'm guessing I can't just tie it to someone else's tent .... and that's probably all we'll be near!

I'll add a tarp to my shopping list or underneath the tent, at least. Although then it'll just collect water if it's still raining, won't it?

Argh. If it's disgustingly wet, I'll go sleep in my damned car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom