July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Dublin Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cool, thank you. I was aiming around 100USD without prior knowledge to what to expect. I'll be a Ireland for a week before the concerts so living cheaply and then splurging during the gigs sounds like a good idea. And thanks for link.

BUT
is anyone else still without ticket print or received from ticketmaster. I bought tickets for Chicago and Carter Finley and have received all my tickets for US events, but UK ticketmaster hasn't even printed mine out and not all of them are preorders, I bought 3 GAs for the 27th in General Sale and they havn't printed those. I know they ask for us to be patient, but is there a ounce of absurdity here? that US ticketmaster responds to my emails within 24 hours and I always get through to a reprensentative. But when I call UK ticketmaster, I get through once out of 20 phone calls and I don't get a response to my email until a week later. I know the US might just be divided into state ticketmasters and thats why we're efficient, but what's really going on? (maybe rhetorical)

Uk and Irish ticketmaster have been known for sending tickets out a week prior to the event. My two cents is just keep waiting, and only start worrying when it's late June/early July.

cool, thank you. I was aiming around 100USD without prior knowledge to what to expect. I'll be a Ireland for a week before the concerts so living cheaply and then splurging during the gigs sounds like a good idea. And thanks for link.

BUT
is anyone else still without ticket print or received from ticketmaster. I bought tickets for Chicago and Carter Finley and have received all my tickets for US events, but UK ticketmaster hasn't even printed mine out and not all of them are preorders, I bought 3 GAs for the 27th in General Sale and they havn't printed those. I know they ask for us to be patient, but is there a ounce of absurdity here? that US ticketmaster responds to my emails within 24 hours and I always get through to a reprensentative. But when I call UK ticketmaster, I get through once out of 20 phone calls and I don't get a response to my email until a week later. I know the US might just be divided into state ticketmasters and thats why we're efficient, but what's really going on? (maybe rhetorical)

No sign of any of my hard tickets for any of the UK / Ireland shows. This isn't unusual for the UK (I'm still waiting for all my Oasis tickets as well), they have this warped idea that if they send them out later it will limit scalping (which is utterly hypocritical of Live Nation considering they encourage people to scalp tickets on Viagogo).

3 months from today we're all enjoying the day off between the concert marathon in Dublin :hyper:

Can't wait for this summer, reallyreally can't :applaud:

With this summer like weather in the East Coast I feel like I should be leaving soon.

BUT

The guy I'm trading with hasn't had his printed yet either.

I just ordered a pair of really light weight purple Trekker shoes for this trip :up: Hope they are as comfy and light as I think they will be. AND...I got my passport card in the mail too!

What a great week! I got my tickets in the mail yesterday and I won $1,250 on Wednesday. We had a weight loss contest at work and my team won...so not only did I win $1,250 which pretty much pays for airline, concert and hotel...but I can now fit back into my size 6 skinny jeans. Yahoo!

What a great week! I got my tickets in the mail yesterday and I won $1,250 on Wednesday. We had a weight loss contest at work and my team won...so not only did I win $1,250 which pretty much pays for airline, concert and hotel...but I can now fit back into my size 6 skinny jeans. Yahoo!

Congrats. :applaud:

zona+red.jpg

To my Fellow Croke Cranks. Does this seem accurate?

More Information Required (please)

Is there a really good book store in Dublin somewhere with all the latest titles? I'm an addict reader and books in Europe always have cool covers.

Is there a really good book store in Dublin somewhere with all the latest titles? I'm an addict reader and books in Europe always have cool covers.

Aye, there's easons on o'connell street (not really sure what the book selection is like though), waterstones in the jervis centre (its in henry street) and there's one on dawson street (just off nassau street which is at the bottom of grafton street) called Hodges Figgis (it was quite good as i recall, though it was nearly a year ago the last time i was in it). Im sure the Dubs on here could give you a few more

Chapters on Parnell Street best book store in Dublin, it's a huge store and the upstairs has an amazing selection of second hand books, dvds and music

WHEW!!! ... I had won a Red Zone auction ticket for Dublin, but still hadn't received the "second" email OR had my credit card charged!! :huh: (I was worried because I live in the US and thought maybe they disallowed it. :shifty:)

I had emailed Ticketmaster.ie, but no response.

So last night, I made the call to Ireland! ... Was on hold for awhile ... Then, asked the guy to check ...

He said my bank didn't let the charge go through (although I had bought presale GA's for the same show with the same card and it worked fine for those!) Hmm ...

So then he says, "Do you want me to try with the same card again?" I said, "Sure." ...

And, 3 seconds later he says, "It went through this time. Here's your order number."

WOO HOO!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

So, all I've got is that number (and the charge on my bank account) ... No confirmation email or record on "My Ticketmaster." ... So, when I go all the way to Dublin and walk up to that window, I better not hear, "Ticket? What ticket?" :doh:

:wave: I think alot of us are in the same boat as you. Only got the first e-mail then nothing and eventually got a reply to e-mails or phone calls so got an order number but no receipt and nothing shows on Ticketmaster. It is very worrying and I also fear that I`ll arrive and go to collect my ticket to be told it doesn`t exist, though they have charged my amex card.

Better get there early I think as it could take a while..............:hmm:

Chapters on Parnell Street best book store in Dublin, it's a huge store and the upstairs has an amazing selection of second hand books, dvds and music

Thanks Irishteen. I'm going to have to go there and look around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom