July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Dublin Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha you better watch out then! I'm doing a biochemistry lab term now, I'll get my army of self-made mutants ready to get you. :evil:

I'm an Astronomy and physics major learning to build rockets ard operate sattelites. I'll go to another planet and recruit a supreme being military.

But I would hope other life was intelligent enough to see the stupidity of war.

I got my ticket for Dublin 3 in the mail today!!! I bought Dublin 1 and 2 from other people, so I won't get to see them until I'm in Dublin, but boy oh boy... when I saw that in my mailbox today I literally jumped up and down because I wasn't expecting it that soon...
:yippie::yippie:

And I sent out my visa application to the Irish consulate in NYC today. So I am really hoping getting the ticket is a good sign and that I won't have problems getting the visa to go to Dublin. :pray:

I got mine yesterday. The envelope was on top of the rest of the mail and all I saw was Dublin 2 on the left hand corner

And I sent out my visa application to the Irish consulate in NYC today. So I am really hoping getting the ticket is a good sign and that I won't have problems getting the visa to go to Dublin. :pray:

Slightly offtopic, but I'm curious to know: You need a visa to enter Ireland for vacation as an American citizen? Sorry for the ignorant question :reject:

Slightly offtopic, but I'm curious to know: You need a visa to enter Ireland for vacation as an American citizen? Sorry for the ignorant question :reject:

No, I don't believe American citizens need a visa to enter Ireland, even if your passport is new. You might want to check the Irish embassy website just to be sure.

I'm not an American citizen. I have lived here in the US for 14 years, since my college days, but I'm not a US citizen. Still trying to become a permanent resident. The legal path to becoming one is long and winded for the hard-working middle class workers like me...:crazy: but that's another story :sexywink:

I got mine yesterday. The envelope was on top of the rest of the mail and all I saw was Dublin 2 on the left hand corner

Woo-hoo!!!! :yippie::yippie:
Yeah, that was pretty much what I saw too. That and the fact that the envelope was much smaller than my other mail propelled me to pick it up and open it right away...

Thanks for posting about the US Airways checked baggage policy. That reminds me I have to check with CO on what their policy is. I thought that for all international flights you still don't have to pay to check the first 2 bags? All the other international airlines are not charging for them when flying into/out of the US. I would think that the US airlines would not want to drive passengers away to non-US airlines by charging fees for checked bags on international flights...

They don't charge you for the first 2. I think that is what it said.

Some passengers are exempt** from the first and second checked bag fee, but not any applicable weight fees:

• Passengers traveling to and from Europe, or to and from Asia

I also ordered the passport card too but I guess it comes in a separate mailing. Did you get that too? I want one cuz I live so close to the Mexican border & like the cheap Carnival Mexico cruises and I Can use the card for those instead of my passport passbook.

I didn't get the card just the book. I don't travel too much, so I just got the one

I also ordered the passport card too but I guess it comes in a separate mailing. Did you get that too? I want one cuz I live so close to the Mexican border & like the cheap Carnival Mexico cruises and I Can use the card for those instead of my passport passbook.
What is the difference between the two? I moved to Portland, OR from Washington state last year, and they have an "enhanced license" that you can apply for if you go to Canada a lot and don't want to bring your passport each time.

I'm just hopeful I'll actually get my passport STAMPED this time. It's been about 8 years since I've been over seas and even then, the last time I traveled in Europe half the places I went didn't stamp. I want my STAMP! :D

The passport card is only considered valid for land border crossings within North America and sea travel in the Caribbean region. Passport book is used for this as well plus all air travel. I think the card idea is kinda dumb personally.

I think they should just have one thing that way it doesn't confuse people

Got Dublin 2 and 3 in the mail this week! Just an FYI: I have been to Ireland 6 times over the past few years and you do not need a visa if you are from the US or Canada. Your passport needs to be valid for a minimum of 6 months. Just check the date of expiration and if your passport doesn't expire soon, you are all set.

Got Dublin 2 and 3 in the mail this week! Just an FYI: I have been to Ireland 6 times over the past few years and you do not need a visa if you are from the US or Canada. Your passport needs to be valid for a minimum of 6 months. Just check the date of expiration and if your passport doesn't expire soon, you are all set.

6 times?
Here's advice I could use. If you were staying in Dublin and Galway for 9 days, how much spending money would you bring with you (in USD)?

6 times?
Here's advice I could use. If you were staying in Dublin and Galway for 9 days, how much spending money would you bring with you (in USD)?

Everyone's going to have a different answer on that. Really depends on how much time you're going to spend in the pubs and what other activities.

I'm figuring $75/ per day for the pubs, maybe $30/day for food (fast food/kebabs etc).

Depending on the weather, I'm going to try to play golf on the 26th, that alone could run another $100-$250.

I just got a passport. My first one. Am I ok with only that? It haven't had it for 6 months.

I just got a passport. My first one. Am I ok with only that? It haven't had it for 6 months.

You are good. Let's say you are traveling to Ireland in July and your passport expires in August, that's a big no-no. Mine doesn't expire until 2012.

Spending money on a trip is up to what you want to do. I usually go with or try to keep my spending under 50 USD a day. If I don't spend a lot in the first few days of my trip, I like to splurge on things towards the end. Pick up a rick steves guide book and that will help you with spending money. You can visit his site at Rick Steves Europe Through the Back Door for info too! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ok. Thanks. I thought I'm good.

I'm not planning on spending a lot. Just on food, drink and souvineers for the family

I got all three Dublin sets and my Dallas tickets in the mail on the same day today!!! :rockon:

The passport card is only considered valid for land border crossings within North America and sea travel in the Caribbean region. Passport book is used for this as well plus all air travel. I think the card idea is kinda dumb personally.

I live about 15 miles from the Mexican border in So California and I like to do the 3-4 day Ensenada or Mexican Riviera cruises so the card will come in handy for me. It'll be easy to keep the credit card sized card with me all the time and not have to worry about whether or when to have my passport with me. I think it's worthwhile to have the card for people who live in border regions or those who cruise like I do. I think it's a good idea.

You are good. Let's say you are traveling to Ireland in July and your passport expires in August, that's a big no-no. Mine doesn't expire until 2012.

Spending money on a trip is up to what you want to do. I usually go with or try to keep my spending under 50 USD a day. If I don't spend a lot in the first few days of my trip, I like to splurge on things towards the end. Pick up a rick steves guide book and that will help you with spending money. You can visit his site at Rick Steves Europe Through the Back Door for info too! Let me know if you have any other questions.

cool, thank you. I was aiming around 100USD without prior knowledge to what to expect. I'll be a Ireland for a week before the concerts so living cheaply and then splurging during the gigs sounds like a good idea. And thanks for link.

BUT
is anyone else still without ticket print or received from ticketmaster. I bought tickets for Chicago and Carter Finley and have received all my tickets for US events, but UK ticketmaster hasn't even printed mine out and not all of them are preorders, I bought 3 GAs for the 27th in General Sale and they havn't printed those. I know they ask for us to be patient, but is there a ounce of absurdity here? that US ticketmaster responds to my emails within 24 hours and I always get through to a reprensentative. But when I call UK ticketmaster, I get through once out of 20 phone calls and I don't get a response to my email until a week later. I know the US might just be divided into state ticketmasters and thats why we're efficient, but what's really going on? (maybe rhetorical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom