July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Dublin Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think my excitement for this is going to go away until afterwards

I know. By the time we do it will be time for the US leg

9 shows???? that's pretty impressive

I like the way U2 have done this tour- last time all the shows I went to were done in just over a week- this time I start on 30 June at Nou Camp, then it's Dublin (1 ,2 & 3) at the end of July and then Wembley (1, 2) and Cardiff at the end of August- nice to have the shows spaced out so I don't get burnt out on it

I've had a lot of bad things happen in my life and U2 is the one thing that helps me with it. I have told Bono this and he gave me the biggest, tightest hug when I was about to cry. I have been saving money since last summer to get tickets ands I try to see them as many times as I can. I'm not going to get anymore shows. I was thinking about Vegas, but if I did it I would sell my Charlottesville and DC tix. Dublin is something that I decided a few months ago because it happens to be on my birthday and my birthday sucked last year and I told myself that that wouldn't happen again this year and it won't now.

I'm glad we're U2 fans. We could have been born in another time and never come across such a sound. U2's a band the whole world should listen to. A band that actually has the potential to change the world or at least change me.

Just hit me again while listening to "Unknown Caller", we're all actually going to be in Dublin watching U2 3 different nights. Kind of Amazing when you just think about it calmly. While this little world is spinning at 500 miles per hour, shooting around the sun at over 20,000 miles per hour, in a galaxy spinning at 250,000 miles per hour, and this galaxy is shooting through intersteller space to a place unknown, We'll be standing. While somewhere in space there's a star in it's death throes becoming a beautiful Nova, a black hole pulling matter into the unknown, a strong southeast wind on Mars, and another intelligent life watching their favourite band starring back and wondering if we're watching ours, We'll be standing, amongst 90,000 other humans like ourselves listening to the #1 band on Earth. And while there may be others in the world hurting somehow while we're there, we'll have grabbed light for a brief moment of our lives to carry with us .....perhaps..... to give to another.

This is BIG. When you think about it.

I've had a lot of bad things happen in my life and U2 is the one thing that helps me with it. I have told Bono this and he gave me the biggest, tightest hug when I was about to cry. I have been saving money since last summer to get tickets ands I try to see them as many times as I can. I'm not going to get anymore shows. I was thinking about Vegas, but if I did it I would sell my Charlottesville and DC tix. Dublin is something that I decided a few months ago because it happens to be on my birthday and my birthday sucked last year and I told myself that that wouldn't happen again this year and it won't now.

I hope you didn't read my post the wrong way- wasn't meant in any kind of critical way- I totally understand going to see a band/artist you really like as many times as possible- hence 7 shows on the 360 Tour

and I can't think of many better ways to celebrate a birthday than by seeing your favourite band in their home town

No, you were fine. I didn't take it that way at all. I just feel like since I put it as my sig people might get mad at me because I got that many shows. I only bought my ticket for the US shows and my friend bought her's seperatley. I just thought I would explain it.

No, you were fine. I didn't take it thatway at all. I just feel like since I put it as my sig people might get mad at me because I got that many shows. I only bought my ticket for the US shows and my friend bought her's seperatly. I just thought I would explain it.

well, i think you should be banned.. too many shows indeed.. it's against the law.. :D:hug:

j/k! :D

^ I changed it. :hug: I want to show my Dublin excitement more. I'll put the others up after the Dublin shows.

How much does a Guiness Draft cost in Temple Bar?

priceless

at least thats how im playing it that weekend- im sure there will be quite a few to taste test

this will be my 4th trip to dublin- its a great city, lots to do and see and experience, im very happy to see u2 there, last time we did slane, great show, but a 3 mile walk to the car and drive back to the city was a bit much- a walk back to temple bar from these shows will be awesome

I'm just trying to get a scope of daily spending while I'm over there. Seeing as how I'll be there for 10 days, want to set some loose budget.

I've never been to a country with a bad exchange rate for USD. I've only been to Asian countries like China and South Korea where the exchange rate is amazing for USD>

And 2 thumbs up here for Good Decision making. The Hostel I booked was the first to put up a NO VACANCY sign. Barnacles is sold out, must mean I chose a good one. (or they just have a few beds)lol

How much does a Guiness Draft cost in Temple Bar?

It varies, even in the same pub! I think I paid €5.75 per pint when I was there in December, which is extortionate - my mates and I started to crave London prices.

Apparently many bars increase the prices of drinks during the night. I didn't notice this as we moved around between bars, we were drunk and I didn't bother checking change when it was my round. Just hand over the cash and take the hit from the laughing barman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom