Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Louisville? What an interesting choice.

It's the main shipping hub for UPS. Could it be that they will air freight the stage to Europe via UPS cargo and will do a show there to monetize a place the stage already needs to be?

No other explanation would make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Maybe... Might have had an agreement to wait a few weeks after Bonnaroo being announced.

But it is an odd run through the Ohio River Valley there with Louisville, Pittsburgh and Cleveland (OK Cleveland is just outside the ohio river valley but still)

If they were going to add another show I'd have put my money on the southwest. Odd that they ignored the region that is so intertwined with The Joshua Tree era.

Yeah, I would have thought Vegas or Arizona - but do they have covered stadiums in either place? Would be very hot by then - perhaps they just can't make the routing work.

It's the main shipping hub for UPS. Could it be that they will air freight the stage to Europe via UPS cargo and will do a show there to monetize a place the stage already needs to be?

No other explanation would make sense.

that, too, doesn't make any sense.

first, the show isn't the last show chronologically, only the last show to be added to the tour. Cleveland is still the final show of the NA tour.

second... what? they don't need to be at UPS headquarters to ship their stage. they just need planes and an airport.

Yeah, I would have thought Vegas or Arizona - but do they have covered stadiums in either place? Would be very hot by then - perhaps they just can't make the routing work.

a vegas show could have been at any number of locations... from Sam Boys, to the grounds that MGM owns and used for Rock in Rio on the north Strip... alas, all would be outdoors. they're likely building a new domed stadium to house the Raiders that would be just off the South Strip, but if and when that opens it won't be for another 4-5 years.

Arizona however has two domed stadiums that could have conceivably worked - Chase Field in Phoenix is a baseball stadium, and University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale is an NFL stadium, and U2 played here on 360. both have retractable roofs, which were invented by former Interference poster U2Kitten.

I've spent quite a bit of time in Louisville over the years, and it really has grown quite a bit. I know when you think of Kentucky if think of horses, hillbillies and bluegrass, but Louisville is actually a city in the GROW. The Louisville metro area has about 1.5 million people, plus Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Lexington are all less than a 2 hour drive.

The band didn't want to play Raleigh apparently. They wanted to have a week off after the Dallas shows to work on the new album. Live Nation had Vegas and Phoenix venues on hold I know this for a fact. Go figure.

The band didn't want to play Raleigh apparently. They wanted to have a week off after the Dallas shows to work on the new album. Live Nation had Vegas and Phoenix venues on hold I know this for a fact. Go figure.

Yeah, another week ought to do it... ?

You guaranteed most of your dates would come true, and if not you'll never post dated again.

None of them came true.

Soooooooo...?

Looking at the gap between Dallas and Chicago, Mexico City would have been great for May 29th and 30th.

Last edited:
Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

Still cant believe their only doing one dublin show

U2 return to Kentucky for the first time in 16 years.
The show in Louisville Kentucky on June 16, 2017 will be U2's first show in Louisville Kentucky since they opened for the J. Geils Band in Louisville Kentucky at the "Gardens" on March 13, 1982 during their October Tour.

U2 Tour history in Kentucky:

March 13, 1982 - Louisville Kentucky - Gardens - opening for J. Geils Band - October Tour

October 23, 1987 - Lexington Kentucky - RUPP Arena - Joshua Tree Tour

May 4, 2001 - Lexington Kentucky - RUPP Arena - Elevation Tour

June 16, 2017 - Louisville Kentucky - Pappa John's Cardinal Stadium - Joshua Tree Tour 2017

U2 return to Kentucky for the first time in 16 years.

The show in Louisville Kentucky on June 16, 2017 will be U2's first show in Louisville Kentucky since they opened for the J. Geils Band in Louisville Kentucky at the "Gardens" on March 13, 1982 during their October Tour.

U2 Tour history in Kentucky:

March 13, 1982 - Louisville Kentucky - Gardens - opening for J. Geils Band - October Tour

October 23, 1987 - Lexington Kentucky - RUPP Arena - Joshua Tree Tour

May 4, 2001 - Lexington Kentucky - RUPP Arena - Elevation Tour

June 16, 2017 - Louisville Kentucky - Pappa John's Cardinal Stadium - Joshua Tree Tour 2017

Louisville wasn't really a player on the concert market until within the last 10 years, they have this new stadium and a new arena. Had the IE tour continued I'm pretty sure they'd have played the arena, pretty much everyone does now.

Louisville?

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Looks like I'll have to go to 7 concerts this summer instead of 6.

Glad I'm available to get tickets Friday morning.

that, too, doesn't make any sense.

first, the show isn't the last show chronologically, only the last show to be added to the tour. Cleveland is still the final show of the NA tour.

second... what? they don't need to be at UPS headquarters to ship their stage. they just need planes and an airport.

I'm still going for "In Trump's Country."

They probably neglected the southwest because it's something they can tag up with an album.

"The Joshua Tree 2017 Tour is to feature one final North American show. The band will play at Papa John’s Stadium in Louisville, Kentucky on June 16th, with special guests OneRepublic."

No more dates ?

Louisville wasn't really a player on the concert market until within the last 10 years, they have this new stadium and a new arena. Had the IE tour continued I'm pretty sure they'd have played the arena, pretty much everyone does now.

Know anyone by chance that attended the past U2 shows in Kentucky back on Elevation, Joshua Tree and October?

March 13, 1982 is a long time, nearly 35 years now for Louisville, plus I doubt few if any of the J.Geils fans new who U2 were at that show.

Anyone else thinking that there is an outside (or possibly bigger) chance the U2 aren't allowed in the country for the Joshua Tree tour?

Trump and his cronies have made many comments about silencing his opponents, arresting protestors etc. Thoughts about whether they are stopped at the border?

Know anyone by chance that attended the past U2 shows in Kentucky back on Elevation, Joshua Tree and October?

March 13, 1982 is a long time, nearly 35 years now for Louisville, plus I doubt few if any of the J.Geils fans new who U2 were at that show.

I actually almost went to the Lexington show in 2001 as my 2nd show (Columbus was my first show, as I live near there). I ended up choosing Indianapolis because it was on Bono's Birthday and I thought they'd do something exciting for it... they did not.

I am going to the Cleveland show with 3 friends. While they all are big fans, they're not the type to go to more than one show. My wife MIGHT go with me to this Louisville show, but if we're going to get out of town without the kids for a night (rarely happens), she'd probably rather do something else besides spend the evening at a concert for a band she doesn't hate, but doesn't really care about.

Anybody ever go to a U2 show alone? If I were alone I'd probably just buy a seat instead of doing GA and drive back home right after the show (3 hour drive is doable).

Anyone else thinking that there is an outside (or possibly bigger) chance the U2 aren't allowed in the country for the Joshua Tree tour?

Trump and his cronies have made many comments about silencing his opponents, arresting protestors etc. Thoughts about whether they are stopped at the border?

Things are happening so fast I don't think we can imagine all the possible implications yet. These could be the most significant shows they've ever done.

They won't be, but hopefully there's going to be a total shitstorm in their wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom