IO: i even look like a homosexual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been thinking. Most of the gaymen I know are screaming queens. I do know a few "normal" gays. I think my mental problems, and yes I have many, are to do with Irvine typing like a screaming queen and not looking like one. Which is fine. It's just sent me on a bit of a headwhack.

Just goes to show, you can't judge a person by the way they type. :wink:

PS Hot pink harem pants are also not acceptable. Not even at a Duran Duran concert.

always, martha :wink:

no seriously, i was talking about my knickers on the page before and no one cared. beli only cares about gay men's trousers. so much for her and i one day being lesbians!
:tsk:

I'm a failed lesbian. :(

And a failed gayman :(

There must be another option :woe:

PS Martha, your signature is spelt incorrectly. The correct spelling is "Don't cha". You don't know how many permutations of spelling I went through before I purchased the single. If bloody musicians want us to purchase their friggin singles they should learn how to spell :woeagain:

beli said:

Apologies if I've misunderstood the term frat boy. I thought it meant drunken yobbo Uni student. I didn't mean any classist slight. I have quite the snooty background myself.

Chest thumping bravado? lol. The more you type the less gay you sound. I'm beginning to wonder. :wink:

hmmm ... where i went to school the kids with snooty backgrounds were also drunken yobbo (translation, please?) Uni students as well.

the long story short is that i have more than one pair of J.Crew khakis and an Abercrombie sweater in my closet. but i'm doing my best to change that.

i'm one of the "straight-er" gay men you'll encounter, however i can camp it up when i want to -- just put on the soundtrack to any of the folliwng musicals and you'll see what i mean: Les Mis, Guys & Dolls, Rent, Phantom, Miss Saigon, Annie, etc.

but, no, i'm not a screaming queen. though i do enjoy their drag shows.

zonelistener said:
camp it up to Annie? :eyebrow:

You may have lost all of your FYM clout there. :D :sexywink:

it was my favorite tape when i was 5.

i still know every word.

"who cares what you're wearing/ on Main Street or Saville Row/ it's what you wear from ear-to-ear/ and not
from
head
to
toe ...

that
mah
ha
ha
ha
ters ..."

;)

i also do a terrific Eponine.

"in the rain/ the pavement shiiiines liiiiiiike silllllll-vuuuuuurrrrrrh/ all the lights/ are misty in the river ..."

just strolled in... nice pics Irvine - nice to finally put a face to all the intelligent posts of yours :yes:

And thanks martha - I would have PMed a request like you, but I didn't find this thread til today.

martha said:
Now I want a video of Irvine belting out Broadway tunes. :yes:

"525,600 minutes...
525,000 moments so dear...
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

in daylights?
in sunsets?
in midnights, in cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuups of coffee.

in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.

in 525,600 minutes
how do you measure a year in the life?"

(in all seriousness, my voice isn't too good ... even though i did have one of the lead singing roles in HMS Pinafore when i was 11)

Irvine511 said:

plan on being in DC anytime soon?

we can go to Dupont Circle itself, or perhaps P Street beach -- that kind of activity is encouraged!

:sexywink:

(in all honesty, i have quite a few more lunges to do)

I love DC ... It's been a while since I have been there. :hmm:

Irvine511 said:

i also do a terrific Eponine.

"in the rain/ the pavement shiiiines liiiiiiike silllllll-vuuuuuurrrrrrh/ all the lights/ are misty in the river ..."

That song never fails to make me cry.

Last edited:
JessicaAnn said:
That song never fails to make me cry.

while i have no interest in ever becoming one, drag queens fascinate me.

i once saw a drag queen do a show stopping rendition of "on my own" -- it was very powerful, almost subversive, when sung by a gay man in drag, because it seemed to point towards the rather poignant pain that every gay person feels at some point when you are in love with, or at least infatuated with, someone who is totally unavailable because they are straight. (in Eponine's case, it was because Marius was in love with that tramp Cosette :grumpy:)

there's so much yearning in that song, looking for love and acceptance from someone who you can never, ever have because of fate, circumstance, and the tyranny of biology.

*sigh*

meegannie said:
I hated Cosette in Les Miserables. I've never seen the musical, though. :reject:

:ohmy: i love les miserables, it's my favorite musical ever :heart:

first time i saw it was in london :up: :drool:

Irvine511 said:

"525,600 minutes...
525,000 moments so dear...
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

in daylights?
in sunsets?
in midnights, in cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuups of coffee.

in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.

in 525,600 minutes
how do you measure a year in the life?"

:D That'll tide me over till next summer when my sweetheart and I are in DC having lunch with you.

Irvine511 said:

oh, oh ... i thought you meant that the restaurant had changed it's name ... not the burger.

sorry.

The restaurant did change the name... they haven't changed the sign yet but they have already changed the menus...

"1337 14th St. NW
Upstairs from Dakota Cowgirl
(formerly known as Hamburger Mary's)"

Irvine511 said:
i keep hoping for more gratuitious male nudity

Did you catch the gratuitous male nuditiy this week? A close up. A close up with a ribbon.

Back
Top Bottom