Interference Random Music Thread XIII: THE RAN! dom Music Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have something nice to say about Shuttlecock, believe it or not. The commercial with Boner talking about the World Cup and "Magnificock" playing in the background? I dig it.

I just wish ESPN didn't air it every single commercial break.

Apparently we both really connected to the same line, JT.

GiraffeTwo.jpg

PEEP.

Apparently we both really connected to the same line, JT.

I edited my post to add that one, then saw that you had posted it in the meantime. I reedited it out so as to not make you look like a motherfucking little class clown scrub. But I'll still peep that shit with you

The giraffe talk was easily the highlight for me, but I'm really glad they used a screencap of possibly the funniest visual moment in the video:

twocolumnpic.jpg

Thoughtful face is thoughtful.

The part when his face pans across the screen as he says "Magic is everywhere in this bitch" gets me every time

Well, as much as Shuttlecock has lost me over the past few years, Achtung Birdie still is and likely will always be my favorite album ever. So good job, Spin.

Yeah I'm more impressed by the artists prepresented than the actual albums chosen or the rankings. Like no way in hell is Dig Me Out the best that Sleater-Kinney had to offer. And Fables of the Reconstruction? WTF?

Laz, which S-K is your favorite? These days, I can't decide between The Woods and One Beat.

Nice to see we're on the same page again, Shouter! It's been a while. I know many of the old school S-K fans would disagree, but yeah I think this band got better as they went along. The Woods is markedly different from its predecessors, with the new producer and the shredding guitar pyrotechnics taking them pretty far from their trademarked sound, but it's a mind-blower from a musical standpoint. I do miss some of the old style though.

Very tough call.

I don't like Sleater-Kinney, but I do enjoy driving south on I-5 near Olympia and seeing the exit for Sleater-Kinney road.

I was gutted when Sleater-Kinney called it quits, especially after all that talk about how The Woods was a new beginning for them :(

One Beat is easily my favourite of theirs, Hollywood Ending is the only song on it I don't care about and the rest is excellent. I think The Woods starts really strong but doesn't quite keep up the standard at the end, and I absolutely loathe Let's Call It Love. I could never even listen to it from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom